Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talk configuration in interfaces
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Talk configuration in interfaces

d2itsmed2itsme Member
edited March 2016 in Help

hello hi ... seem i got little trouble with configuration network server that i setup from interfaces... the problem is after i write all necessary config in etc/network/interfaces it still does not can reach when i try to ping it.
I have made dns server configuration too through bind9
is there any suggestion for this ???

additional info
system ubuntu lts 14.04
the working ip is only ip public from proxmox vnc.

Comments

• MunMun Member

Have you rebooted or ran /etc/init.d/networking restart ?

• yeah i have done , always after edit it.

• disable iptables a d retry maybe ?

• let me try it @caster thank's

• tommytommy Member

Please ask us everything we're lowendhelpless

• it still doesn't work, still waiting for provider,, he's so long -_-

• tommytommy Member

Pay for support

• still waiting for response if it's not meet my expectation will gonna request cancellation

• Instead of blaming the provider you should hire someone who knows how to set this stuff up. This isn't a failure of their product, but a failure of you understanding how to use it correctly. You can tell this, if by no other way, than by the amount of topics you have opened here in the last hour or so asking a bunch of newbie questions about things. You either need to do more reading and better understand what your doing, or hire someone who knows this stuff to help you.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Instead of blaming the provider you should hire someone who knows how to set this stuff up. This isn't a failure of their product, but a failure of you understanding how to use it correctly. You can tell this, if by no other way, than by the amount of topics you have opened here in the last hour or so asking a bunch of newbie questions about things. You either need to do more reading and better understand what your doing, or hire someone who knows this stuff to help you.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

waiting for buy me a beer
    success for you

• dailydaily Member

If you have an unmanaged server, your host will eventually get very tired of all the work they are doing for you.

• and please back to my topic do you have a technical suggestion? why must need bridging if there is a enough static conf as long as my necessity.

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Instead of blaming the provider you should hire someone who knows how to set this stuff up. This isn't a failure of their product, but a failure of you understanding how to use it correctly. You can tell this, if by no other way, than by the amount of topics you have opened here in the last hour or so asking a bunch of newbie questions about things. You either need to do more reading and better understand what your doing, or hire someone who knows this stuff to help you.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

who are the hell are you??????
    yeah mr 17 years experience but don't read my problem?????
    try to make judgement yourself with provoke another?
    because i'm new??
    so what the hell problem with you? this what i call you "know everything but don't read what's actually going on ????"

you try said with your humble try as polite as you can do,, but i don't really need it, it's better if you try answered directly point to my problem, i don't know you and please don't stereotype another especially noob like me.

now my provider follow what you think , and he minimize my network function, and now i can't do anything.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

d2itsme said: who are the hell are you?????? yeah mr 17 years experience but don't read my problem????? try to make judgement yourself with provoke another? because i'm new?? so what the hell problem with you? this what i call you "know everything but don't read what's actually going on ????"

you try said with your humble try as polite as you can do,, but i don't really need it, it's better if you try answered directly point to my problem, i don't know you and please don't stereotype another especially noob like me.

now my provider follow what you think , and he minimize my network function, and now i can't do anything.

Well he was telling the truth. You really need to hire someone for your needs. Google is your friend. They only way to learn is by helping yourself. People will help you but since you have such a bad attitude I don't think anyone is going to give two hoots about you. Have a nice one!

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • d2itsme said: "know everything but don't read what's actually going on ????"

There are many people here who know a lot, do read, and are genuine in wanting to help. However, the problem is they cannot understand your questions. Please understand the frustration this causes.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited March 2016

yeah i think you are the same too,, but don't worry , it's not matter if i lost my money as long i can try to make own decision who should i choose or not,, and i keep still positive think with my provider because we try to make to do pro conduct.

i like provider with does not involve emotion in his mind and i still optimism with him.

• d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited March 2016

@Ole_Juul said:

yeah i have do my config like this but it can not still get reach from mine when i do ping it through my laptop

http://prnt.sc/aaygiq

• RizRiz Member

I think your netmask is wrong.

• @Riz said:
    I think your netmask is wrong.

i've tried before with ......xx.255
    but it keep still the same

now the network dysfunction ,, can not ping outside through my proxmox console -_-

• @Mun said:
    Your netmask looks wrong.

https://www.aelius.com/njh/subnet_sheet.html

yeah @mun now my route is detected...,,, now i have looking for way in order can known through outside for the network route

• MunMun Member

The gateway should be published by your provider. Check the information they sent you in the email when you first signed up.

• @Mun said:
    The gateway should be published by your provider. Check the information they sent you in the email when you first signed up.

yeah it should be , but it's only can see and accessed in the proxmox environment. when try through tool like putty to access , it can't get.

• MunMun Member

Yeah, that makes me feel the gateway is wrong.

Are you using Openvz or KVM?

• @mun kvm ,, just little bit surprise because i usually using solusvm before ,ovz environment :)

• MunMun Member

Alright, is your proxmox server on a different subnet then your vms.

• what a make i little bit surprise when i got email confirmation for my order, there is no information my ipaddress gave like usually i order vps,
    he gave link goes to proxmox environment directly access through web browser and detected not secure ssl and than i have should install the OS by own self than just do process like that... another info when i log in to proxmox environment i should have to subrscribe to proxmox minimal $5 price for a month but this optional but everytime i go in my environtment it always do ,, i don't know is the proxmox can do intercept or not :)

• @Mun said:
    Alright, is your proxmox server on a different subnet then your vms.

yeah mun it's different but "i have to add post route add into myconfig in interfaces" just like same ovh do in configuration

• MunMun Member

I have never had to do that actually, the add post route might be what is causing you issues.

• @Mun said:
    I have never had to do that actually, the add post route might be what is causing you issues.

@mun i try it later mun, what's to be my concern is my provider doesn't know about the proxmox policy , they give free download but not free when it has to be business intended and than doing interception ...

because the ipaddress inside the os and the os inside the proxmox circumstances :)