Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Okay, I have watched enough Delimiter drama... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Okay, I have watched enough Delimiter drama...

2»

Comments

• @shovenose said:
    Another nice SSD wasted on SATA2, bummer :'(

I'd be interested to know what most people are doing in terms of Real world use where the SSD being bottlenecked by SATA2 actually causes a problem.

I can understand if you are working with large files all day long but in most use cases it seems the faster random I/O is the primary reason to for an SSD not the peak transfer rate.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

dragon2611 said: I/O is the primary reason to for an SSD not the peak transfer rate.

Yeah.
    In a multiuser environment like a hosting node, sure, buth count, but in a dedi for iops and a busy database, you dont really need large sequentials.

Raid 0 should do 150 even with older drives if everything done right and nothing else runs then (such as swapping and other things, i mean only the sequential writing). If it does not, something is wrong, check the drives.