Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mandrill soon becoming a paid add-on of MailChimp )-: - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mandrill soon becoming a paid add-on of MailChimp )-:

124»

Comments

• @n0my said:
    telephone Thanks! 100k/month 10k/day can't go wrong.

Just tested, works really well. Mandrill had a significant lag when it came to gmail. This is instant.

Is there anyway to hide origin IP from the email header?

Use a reverse proxy in the form of a cheap VPS to protect the IP of your production server.

Thanked by 1n0my
  • n0myn0my Member
    edited February 2016

I already use cloudflare as reverse proxy but the origin ip is leaking through email header. I wished sparkpost striped those before delivering.

• telephone said: SparkPost - 100,000 (100K) emails per month FREE

Two days ago, their pricing was the same as Mandrill's new high price so looks like they recently changed that. Good for them for seeing the opportunity and moving but makes me a bit uneasy about future price changes from them.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@sachin said:

You're from Pepipost ??

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    You're from Pepipost ?? Yes..

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited February 2016

Also noticed it when I was integrating my app with Mandrill.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

• @isaacl said:
    Been using Sendy with Amazon's SES, and it's been very solid (though I'm not sending out so many emails at this point, just small campaigns once in a while).

anyone knows if there is something similar to Sendy that allows to configure multiple ESPs other than Amazon SES?

• @netsujit said:
    anyone knows if there is something similar to Sendy that allows to configure multiple ESPs other than Amazon SES?

Pretty sure that Sendy lets you use SMTP as well...

• @isaacl said:
    Pretty sure that Sendy lets you use SMTP as well...

Cool... thanks. I'll try out sendy.

• Interesting finds here. Lots of good links.

Thanked by 1kingpin
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2016

You're also one of those douchebags that goes around pretending to be a non-affiliated user recommending a service that it turns out you work for/run. For example, when you posted this:

@rikiy_roberts said:
    Pepipost is better alternative for my business needs as they provide 24*7 support and 25k free emails my friend suggested me so thinking of giving it a try

You then clicked the "thanks" button to pat yourself on the back for the "recommendation." Picture perfect example of why the multiple account rule was put into place here.

So if you use Pepipost, take note of the integrity of the people you're dealing with.

Thanked by 2Nyr GCat
  • @Jarland can I send 100,000 transactional marketing newsletter affiliate emails with mxroute? No need to include unsubscribe link right?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@linuxthefish said:
    Jarland can I send 100,000 transactional marketing newsletter affiliate emails with mxroute? No need to include unsubscribe link right?

That reminds me, I need to automate a suspension workflow based on MailChannels reports where spam is reported X amount of times from an account in a specific amount of time where "forwarded-from" is not included.

• So long Mandrill, it was good while we were together.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Damian said:

Were you paying at all? Otherwise this is exactly what they want, lol.