Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s) - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS has lost their mind(s)

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Wow, this is getting annoying. Come on ppl

• @spirit, I guess you don't play any instruments. But are you a big fan of Taylor Swift? We are never ever ever getting back together... kind of reminds me of you and I. I've probably listened to it a million times. Especially when I work out, it pumps me up. Sometimes when I drive to the ColoCrossing office to meet Jon for lunch I jam out to it. On the other hand, he's more of a Sinatra kind of guy. Old soul.

Believe it or not there's plenty of space on the internet for all us to be friends. I'd like to be your friend. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@netomx Why is it annoying you? Chris has historically been so defensive on these little questions that they've built up and more than a few people would like to hear real answers to them (far more than are posting), purely on the grounds that he's been so hostile to this community over time. Getting it all out would be a good thing, for those who want to cry when their provider is questioned and for those who want to ask the questions.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@mikehighend what for? You're liar with fake testimonials - not really friend I would need. You speak high about few CC related companies, so which one you really use and which testimonias are fake? Do you use EoR? Or CHVPS? Or CC? :)

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2013

@jarland,

Who is on the defensive, I have answered all questions. In fact, I remember just having a long PM with you the other day. Apparently that went in one ear and out the other.

@Spirit said: Do you use EoR? Or CHVPS? Or CC? :)

Why cant it be all 3?

• @CVPS_Chris said: Why cant it be all 3?

So he's also your client not only colocrossing client? :)

• @Spirit, I actually ponied up the $13 to purchase a service from both EoR and CVPS. As for ColoCrossing, the company I work for has service from them in 2 datacenters. I spell that out in quite a bit of detail on my website. We've been extremely happy and they take care so I'm inclined to say positive things and write positive things.

• And you also selling servers for jon biloh in your free time?

@mikehighend said: A friend of mine has these available, I suspect you could install 24+ GB into them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110895503754

&&

@mikehighend said: So is anyone interested in the servers? Let me know, I'd really like to sell them soon as they are sitting in the cabinet turned off right now.

edited February 2013

@CVPS_Chris Apparently you don't read. I've been mostly defending you here today. I also defend the notion that the questions that have built up are reasonable. It's up to you if you want to answer all of them, but rather than let people continue to build up theories that can cost you money when they fall on the wrong ears, I think it's good that the questions are laid to rest in public.

Like @mikehighend is not just some random client. He's someone you've known for a while. There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't try to play off relationships, people think you have something to hide. Call a friend a friend, doesn't hurt anyone. This is a community that has been played by scammers so many times that they appreciate honesty. It is very true to LEB/LET history to sniff out inconsistencies. It's about as much what this community is as low end servers.

• mikehighendmikehighend Member
    edited February 2013

Yes sir. Nothing to hide, that's why, ya know, I posted it here (the server sale). Isn't it entirely obvious that there's nothing here that doesn't meet the eye? Your smoking gun is something I posted myself, on this very same message board. Are we in an alter universe?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@mikehighend said: Isn't it entirely obvious that there's nothing here that doesn't meet the eye?

This time I agree with you. Most of your LET and LEB history is dedicated to ChicagoVPS/EndOfReality/Colocrossing http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/2778/mikehighend

What I am saying is that your LET profile seems dedicated to jon biloh and CC subsidiaries and whatever you say you're most likely not much more than alter ego of one of those guys and your fake reviews shouldn't be taken seriously. Your biggest mistake here was imho. coming to praise EndOfReality from same /24 IP block Chris use. Just like Chris joined IRC with same IP as Jon Biloh.

• mikehighendmikehighend Member
    edited February 2013

@Spirit, they are not fake reviews. Why do you continue to return to that unreasonable accusation? You have absolutely no (and I mean zero) evidence to support your ridiculous, and insulting, belief. Which, might I add, exists in the face of a multi-year track record where I've said the same thing, written the same thing, and continued to have a positive, albeit evolving opinion on my vendors/friends/etc. Occasionally it becomes time to either admit that you were wrong or walk away from a discussion -- continuing to force a weak perspective only further dilutes yourself. I was sincere when I said lets be friends, I am not an adversarial person, I much prefer building relationships and expanding my professional network. So please, accept my olive branch and lets let this go.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@jonhighend because I dislike deceiving liars of your kind taking advantage over this community. (that's my honest answer).

• @Spirit, really unfortunate that you continue to say such hurtful and untrue things. I'll walk away from the thread at this point and we can let those who want to spend the time reading our remarks evaluate who was the more reasonable, forthcoming and levelheaded party in this discussion. Cheers, my friend.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2013

It would be nice if a Moderator could at least leave a comment if deleting parts of my posts (see above). Did Chris complain about having his facebook photo here? Then he shouldn't have put it on the Internet in the first place. However, deleting without leaving any remark is poo.

• Keep the drama coming... ;-)

• @Jacob said: Keep the drama coming... ;-)

I am not looking for drama in case that it seems so.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Could someone tl;dr this whole thread please then close it, it has actually started to get irritating seeing it day after day haha.

edited February 2013

What's with people's obsession with closing threads? The thread turned into finally openly airing the questions that have risen over time from Chris' well known tendency to provide inadequate answers to seemingly unfair practices (from BuffaloVPS to denying any relationship with colocrossing). Given that this community has been taken advantage of many times, those who have been here a while are routinely upset by inconsistent information or the appearance of lies. This should only shock new people who haven't been scammed before.

So in effect, it turned into a way to finally air the drama and try to clear the air of it. This, of course, then became a hot spot for trolls who were literally in tears over hearing the questions all raised in one place, as well as the theories that inevitably grow from such situations. They simply couldn't stomach a conversation that clearly was of no relevance to them, so they flooded the thread and became far more dramatic than anyone else. Irony runs deep here.

Chris has, for some time, been the first person to trash other providers while his little buddies here cry foul at the first sign of another calling him out on inconsistencies that should alarm a community heavily effected by liars and scammers. These kinds of threads should be expected.

• Is Chris guilty of the more serious accusations implied from the deepest theories? Not likely.
    • Has Chris engaged in unfair business practices here? Yes. (BuffaloVPS)
    • Do a few people here desperately need to change their tampons and stop making drama out of the accusations made against Chris? Absolutely. Things stay far more civil between two arguing parties when you don't have children constantly jumping in to belittle whichever team they choose not to be a cheerleader for.
    • Am I jealous? Hardly. I'm not interested in scraping the bottom of the barrel by selling the most for the least. Nor am I interested in clients who would only choose me if I could undercut ChicagoVPS deals.

I pride myself in my ability to approach anything objectively. The problem with this is that few people seem to be able to do that, so they cannot comprehend an individual being objective if there could exist a motive for their observations.

• winning

• DeanDean Member
    edited February 2013

#FedUpOfAllTheBashChrisThreads

#ThatIsAll

• "my vendors/friends/etc."

I've never been "friends" with a vendor or a colo facility or provider. Certainly civil and respectful though. Never buddies who hang out and jam or sit around and play video games or any of those other things. That's some strange dealings and I expect nothing else than that from someone cheerleading on here about CVPS/CC.

That said, always good and fine to hear from real seasoned and salty business folks who actually do business with either entity and aren't 1. related 2. invested in said companies 3. neighbors, or 4. alter egos of the ownership.

This community has continued to get crapped on by vendors, shady salesmen and people posturing the hell out of nearly nothing. As a result, the buying public has lots of concern and worry about every purchase from ads here. I know because I buy tons and have had more than my fair share of "bad" purchases. Typical stuff, IOWAIT of 72ms, disk IO at the speed of floppy, CPUs that acted like 66Mhz machines, losing all my data, throughput that sucked, etc.

I brought up the facts about the offers on LEB being CVPS/CC in mass (50% +) and related entities on same network. Whole bunch of providers probably eating their fingernails about being brought into the fray. Diversify for your own good.

• @jarland said: @Zetta You mad? Seems you drama queens are really torn up over all this. Might I suggest some midol? The ones trying to be the anti-drama advocates are the ones making this so dramatic. Those of us who don't mind asking offensive questions, we're perfectly content.

+1 for thread lock

• Funny, the image has magically reappeared in my posting. Again without comment. Is that WHT here now?

• @Amitz said: Funny, the image has magically reappeared in my posting. Again without comment. Is that WHT here now?

Are you sure it wasn't just an issue with your internet/imgur that the picture didn't load?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Are you sure it wasn't just an issue with your internet/imgur that the picture didn't load?

I'd probably say it's this. Image didn't load this morning at home, but now it loads at the office.

@Zetta said: +1 for thread lock

Relax Nancy, this isn't about you.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said: Are you sure it wasn't just an issue with your internet/imgur that the picture didn't load?

That was my first idea too, but when I tried to edit the post, the html code for the image was gone. However, I do not want to cause even more drama. Let's just leave it like it is.

• Ah, whatever, just for the record:

VSNX (CC): http://vsnx.net/divisions.php
    NWNX (CVPS): nwnx.net/Mohawk-Host.html

VSNX (CC): vsnx.net/history.php
    NWNX (CVPS): nwnx.net/History.html

This discussion has been closed.