Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Review :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Review :)

NoxterNoxter Member
edited January 2013 in Reviews

Ah, okay... I didn't want to write this review as I would like my node to go unhindered lol. Regardless, it's almost been 3 months and should already be full. I can honestly say, the node still feels as snappy as the day I opened the account. Seriously... I've had the best experience with RamNode than any other provider.

I current have the 256MB CVZ plan, single core and it will out preform most higher end VPSs (been with 4 different providers in the $50+ /m range). The problem with these providers, believe it or not, is stability. Abusive clients aren't monitored very well, unless of course, I bring it to their attention.

I've had better uptime with RamNode than my colo'd server at HostDime (by far), I've had 3 minutes of downtime TOTAL (in the 3 months). I've had less packetloss with RamNode than OVH, ColoUnlimited, and HostDime (< these are dedicated servers/my colo'd equipment).

I would benchmark the server for you folks, but you can easily find these at ServerBear (I would rather not tie up resources for other people on my node).

Golf clap for Nick, excellent service boss!

http://i.imgur.com/oVYibHl.png

Comments

• I have no vps with them at the moment. But yes, their service is truly superb. :D

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

:D

As I said in your ticket, thanks! (And enjoy!)

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited January 2013

I newly joined the party. No problem so far.
    The only ticket is asking an upgrade to match their recent disk space increase. It was solved in 1 hour.

And hey, the last top providers poll is not for nothing
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7335/finally-full-top-providers-q4-point-table

• No problem here with my Ramnode 256MB CVZ plan as well. I'm fathomed on how great the service is and be cheap at the same time.

• I used to have a 256KVM SSD plan with them. The download speed was like on 100MB ports. I was thinking about getting 1Gbps connection but it was really not that case. Anyway their IO speed was great.

• I don't see the big fuss about these guys.

VPS works OK but it is not special. Was down today for over a half hour as a matter of fact.

@roroqiu said: I used to have a 256KVM SSD plan with them. The download speed was like on 100MB ports. I was thinking about getting 1Gbps connection but it was really not that case. Anyway their IO speed was great.

Were you using the Realtek driver and/or Ubuntu 12 OS?

@luma said: VPS works OK but it is not special. Was down today for over a half hour as a matter of fact.

Yes, because someone on your node was hit with a large DDoS. It wasn't just down to be down, and we can't prevent DDoS :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@luma said: I don't see the big fuss about these guys.

Very controlled and well thought business plan that allows them to provide incredible performance at very impressive prices. Consistency in network and hardware performance. Everyone goes down at some point. There is no way to provide the kind of redundancy that can physically guarantee that anything less than 100% uptime is impossible. You can mitigate downtime, you can spread things out and setup failovers to minimize downtime. You cannot stop downtime.

I should add, we can and do nullroute targeted IPs, which is what I did to get the server back online. It took me a few extra minutes because I was driving down I-75 in the rain at rush hour and had to pull over, boot up the lappy, launch the ol' mobile AP, and then log in :)

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • DDoS at Ramnode ehh?

Well, I like Ramnode and am a customer. You won't go wrong with them. Prices are highly competitive and low for what you get.

I do get the creeps when a provider gets attacked by DDoS and results in downtime. Really gets me thinking that I need to implement highly detailed monitoring / uptime stuff for all my servers.

• I seriously have no complaints about RamNode (that's hard to believe coming from me)
    Best thing is the uptime :D

up 148 days, 12:48,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00

• 148 days ... that's good :)

• roroqiuroroqiu Member
    edited January 2013

@Nick_A said: Were you using the Realtek driver and/or Ubuntu 12 OS?

I was using virtio driver and CentOS.

• NoxterNoxter Member
    edited January 2013

VPS works OK but it is not special. Was down today for over a half hour as a matter of fact.

Errr... http://i.imgur.com/RtMDHHB.png

I don't see the big fuss about these guys.

You're trolling, right? Must be.

edited January 2013

To clarify, the node hosting his VPS (AtlantaSSDVZ6) lost connection because of DDoS earlier. It didn't impact any other parts of the network.

@pubcrawler said: I do get the creeps when a provider gets attacked by DDoS and results in downtime.

In case I made it sound network-wide, see above.

• Good stuff. If this were eBay, I'd give them an A+++++++.

• I currently have three VPS here with 100% network uptime as well. Putty generally feel snappier here than with most other providers. The plans/resources with the discount codes are hard to beat.

• I have 4 vpss with them, they are excellent as you say

I would like to ask, @Nick_A
    Why not provide a LAN (internal) IP for each VPS, just like BuyVM

• +1 for the internal IP @Zeno is asking about.

Yep, the internal network is already on the to do list. I'd expect it within a month or two. Lots going on at RamNode right now behind the scenes. :)

Thanked by 1tchen
  • I am extremely disappointed -- I just submitted a ticked and it took 4 minutes to answer, and resolve (a plan upgrade)! The amount of time they took to answer to my ticket is totally unacceptable. I'm going to have to move service to Host Bluff... ;)

+1 for Nick_A

D:

:)

• babydragonbabydragon Member
    edited February 2013

+1 to Ramnode
    @Nick_A +1 to you too
    I am currently using 2 node and i'm very satisfied. Like your uptime and your response time when i submit ticket

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

RamNode is a good company, I read many positive reviews about them :)

• 4 minute ticket response. Funny @connercg.

I can't get 8 hour response from 75% of providers for sales.

• @pubcrawler said: 4 minute ticket response. Funny @connercg.

Well the aim is 1 second ticket response.

• Well the aim is 1 second ticket response.

The only way something like that is ever going to happen is if someone like me with a compulsion disorder is doing support 24/7 :)

• @pubcrawler said: The only way something like that is ever going to happen is if someone like me with a compulsion disorder is doing support 24/7 :)

Or you write a bot for answering tickets ;-)

• @pubcrawler said: The only way something like that is ever going to happen is if someone like me with a compulsion disorder is doing support 24/7 :)

Keystrokes would consume your 1 second. :P

@rds100 said: Or you write a bot for answering tickets ;-)

Someone write us hosting-and-vps-version of cleverbot please.

@DalComp said: Well the aim is 1 second ticket response.

I've done under a minute before, but never 1 second ):