Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, how the place you work looks?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So, how the place you work looks?

Well, many of us are having short breaks while at work, hanging with all you in LET, to interrupt our daily routine!
So, how does the place you work looks? Do you work in hosting industry or you are just a hobbyist and your job environment is completely different?

Post a picture (or more) of your workplace and show us where do you spend most of your time!

In the place that I am (primarly) working, this is one of the premises and, indeed, of the most interesting! (I am usually either on the next office or behind the glass you see at the picture!)

Thanked by 1luissousa

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Fairly clean and minimal here.

What am I looking at here @jvnadr a recording studio or radio station?

• jarland said: Fairly clean and minimal here.

Not even a cup of coffee? Or something stronger than that? :(

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarland said: What am I looking at here @jvnadr a recording studio or radio station?

It's the master control of a radio station. Behind the glass is the main sound studio for talk shows and live music performances and behind the studio, is a second production / live talk studio.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I'm currently an intern at a company I don't work for normally, but here are some pictures taken during a Hackathon:

Yes, that's a bar in the center of the office

A pool table, important thing

Desks

You can view other pictures taken during this hackathon at https://www.facebook.com/arnhemhackathon/photos_stream

Thanked by 3GCat jvnadr aglodek
  • @Jarland sammy! :D

Thanked by 2jar GCat
  • This is one of my previous work places

My cubical ▼

• @jvnadr are you an RJ

• ThracianDogThracianDog Member
    edited February 2016

@simonindia said:
    This is one of my previous work places

@simonindia, were you doing this:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • simonindia said: This is one of my previous work places

This looks horrible. Can't even fap at work in such an environment.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2016

simonindia said: @jvnadr are you an RJ

No, a journalist and radio producer (among others!). But I am also directing the radio station , or, should I say, the department. Actually, it is the regional facility ot a national media with radio, tv and news portal. But I have been occasionally in my spare time a radio dj!

• @tr1cky said:
    This looks horrible. Can't even fap at work in such an environment.

I know that's why i run my own firm now.

• @jvnadr said:
    No, a journalist and radio producer (among others!). But I am also directing the radio station , or, should I say, the department. Actually, it is the regional facility ot a national media with radio, tv and news portal. But I have been occasionally in my spare time a radio dj!

i have never been to an radio station before but you have a lot of titles mate

• simonindia said: i have never been to an radio station before but you have a lot of titles mate

hehe. Actually, media is a multitasking job! And, in smaller facilities (regional, local etc.) the staff is not too many and each one has more duties than just a certain job to do. We do radio talk shows, producing local news for radio and national tv etc.

• @jarland This is a better picture of the master control. It's not me in the photo, it's from a live session we did last week with a rock band. Previous picture was from my ugly lenovo temporary-phone, that cannot shot a decent image...

Thanked by 1vpsGOD

jvnadr said: This is a better picture of the master control

Looks like fun. Man, I miss analog boards. I've gone all digital over here and it just feels like so much unnecessary complexity. Analog for life.

• Desk is a little bit dirty but it goes from sitting to standing at the push of a button.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Fairly clean and minimal here.

Holy shit, you've got like $7000 worth of Apple gear on your desk, assuming those are iMacs..

raindog308 said: assuming those are iMacs

Just the one iMac and a thunderbolt display. The iMac was refurb too, I usually don't buy new.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited February 2016

@raindog308 said:

An iMac and an extra screen beaten to it!

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@jarland you have the same ikea desk as me :) - except I have a few more screens on it, and my desktop

Thanked by 1jar
  • This is a company I used to work at until last year, in Brazil:

Eventually I was relocated to an office in another state:

I have since moved to Canada and returned to school. No pics of the lab I spend most of my time currently, though.

• @simonindia said: My cubical ▼

I hate offices where you're being pigeonholed.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @cassa said:
    I hate offices where you're being pigeonholed.

I have my own firm now that's my previous work place so now I'm lot better.

• @jarland said:

good joke, now where are the windows pcs?

@isograb said:
    good joke, now where are the windows pcs?

The toy computers are on the other side of the room, my not quite 2 year old daughter likes to bang on the keyboards :P

• @jarland said:

Your table is from IKEA? Looks like exactly same as mine.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

seikan said: Your table is from IKEA? Looks like exactly same as mine.

Yeah. I wanted something nice and clean looking, got the job done :)

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

Heres a look at what its like to work at CC NOC in Buffalo:

Thanked by 3hawc ManofServer MikePT