Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dediserve.com Opens in Jakarta, ID - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dediserve.com Opens in Jakarta, ID

12346»

Comments

• @magentoadmin said:
    Hi everyone,

Yes same here. There is nothing we can do, except looking for a better provider. I got also only an excuse and thats it.

Snapshot was scheduled for everyday but nothing.

Wanted to try the snapshot by doing it manual. Since hours it is still pending, maybe they are doing it only monthly.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2016

magentoadmin said: My database backup is generated daily on that server by virtualmin. I cannot access them now.

Don't store your backups on the same server,

emre22 said: Snapshot was scheduled for everyday

and don't consider provider's built in snapshot feature of any sort as a sufficient backup.

The provider could disappear entirely, with their website and control panel going down and not accessible anymore, what will you do then with your "was scheduled for everyday"?

The only proper backup is that you make yourself and download off the provider's servers to somewhere else.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @emre22 said:
    Wanted to try the snapshot by doing it manual. Since hours it is still pending, maybe they are doing it only monthly.

When enabled, the auto snapshot runs every 24 hours, based on when you activated. When taken manually, they enter the snapshot Q, and run as soon as possible. All snapshots are copied to NAS external to the clouds once made and compressed.

Not that it helps, but we do explicitly advertise that snapshots are not a backup tool, but a useful part of an overall DR strategy.

• I bought one of the offer in Jakarta on Feb 25, 2016. Last month, my ServerStatus shows my vps were down, so I try to ping to it, but RTO.

Next I try to login from ssh, but failed. So I checked from the Client Area, reboot the vps, waiting for an hour, and still can't be accessed.

Reinstall it using another OS, wait for another hours, and still no response.

As usual, I hate to make a ticket, so I just cancel it. Maybe it's just my bad luck at that time. VPS were having good disk speed, and nice network too :)

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    As usual, I hate to make a ticket, so I just cancel it. Maybe it's just my bad luck at that time. VPS were having good disk speed, and nice network too :)

We are here 24/7/365 with a sub ten minute response time, and live chat. 5 minutes could have undoubtedly resolve the issue you were having with your server

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @dediserv any coupon?

• @add_iT said:
    dediserv any coupon?

Drop us a pm

• @dediserve

The Business Model you have is outdated. Pay MafiaHost $2,000m/o for Protection and we will send our squad to your competitors. and have them dealt with.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said:

@dediserve @drserver and @dacentec are the providers I use where creating a ticket has never wasted my time.

Maybe it's a D thing

• James T. has been there when I needed things to be solved.
    Let's say I really like how he handles situations .

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @dediserve

3 days, 3 downtimes.. what is this time the problem?

• We have a HP Engineer onsite who is working on the array, during one of the tasks the blade locked up and required a reboot. Do open a live chat or a ticket for more details.

• Congrats!

Thanked by 1emre22
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2016

magentoadmin said: They rely 100% on user backup, they can delete server at any time, break it for their own reasons and then refuse to do anything about it just because in the terms and conditions states that customer need to take full responsibility?

What are you smoking? This is LET and the server you bought was an unmanaged service. Of COURSE you are expected to make your own back-ups, if you are in any way a true system admin, you wouldn't even have to ask this. YOU ALWAYS KEEP OFFSITE BACKUPS FOR IMPORTANT SYSTEMS, ALWAYS!!!! This is never your providers responsibility unless you are paying for a fully managed service which includes offsite back-ups (and even then I would still make my own back-ups).

Also, you should be responsible enough to care enough to confirm that your snapshots/back-ups are actually being made, again, as it is unmanaged this is your responsibility.

People need to realize that you are paying for and receiving unmanaged services when purchasing from vendors on this site. That means there is only support for the hardware and network, the rest if up to you. That includes making back-ups of your own server.

The fact your upset about this just shows how poor of an admin you are, any good admin worth their paycheck would always have offsite back-ups and wouldn't need to comment on threads like this to complain about their lack of responsibility.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• I bought one VPS when dediserve launch in JKT. Love they network speed and performance, use it mostly only for file transfer and VPN. Now im waiting for they smaller packages, let say 128mb, 10gb disk 300gb bandwith should be sufficient.. ;)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Does someone know a promo code to pay 8 ?

• sinsin Member

inthecloudblog said: Does someone know a promo code to pay 8 ?

Send dediserve a direct msg on here, they might hook you up

• @sin said:

Already sent!

• @inthecloudblog said:

@sin said:

Already sent!

Did you get sorted out?

• edited April 2016

@dediserve said:

@inthecloudblog said:

@sin said:

Already sent!

Did you get sorted out?

I did . i have mentioned some things to Rakesh S also in the live chat and Aidan gently provided me a code.
    A girl answered to one of my questions concerning If I could migrate/ destroy one of the vms in a given location and create another one in other location.
    Tomorrow I will fire up another nl vm.
    James and Aidan always get stuff sorted out for me when it comes to make a decision.

Thanked by 1dediserve