Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How NOT to use FraudRecord. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How NOT to use FraudRecord.

2»

Comments

• @hawc said:

And all counted.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Its about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Favorite saying. Ever.

• @kt said:
    We use FR to check on orders however very rarely report, in most cases where common sense prevails on checking clients details before accepting the order. We've accepted orders from report(s) where a chargeback has been issued, we've not had any problem with those clients yet.

Turns out, I'm one of those clients you mentioned! Have a VPS running with INIZ since 2014, never missed a payment and very happy with the service. Recently found out I'm listed with FraudRecord with a false accusation. No response to removal request. If John Mcafee wins his bet I'm going to sue this company within 3 years, don't care how much it will cost me. outraged and don't stand for this sh*t!!

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2017

How'd you determine this is you?

Also, if a provider is rejecting you because of a "non-payment" entry in Fraudrecord and that's it, I'd say you're actually dodging a bullet here. You're welcome.

• YuraYura Member
    edited July 2017

@localhost said:
    If John Mcafee wins his bet I'm going to sue this company within 3 years, don't care how much it will cost me. outraged and don't stand for this sh*t!!

• localhostlocalhost Member
    edited July 2017

@Damian said:
    How'd you determine this is you?

A provider recently confronted me with this.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

localhost said: A provider recently confronted me with this.

Link to the report?

• @AnthonySmith said:

localhost said: A provider recently confronted me with this.

Link to the report?

NO. I just came here to say what I had to say. And I'm collecting information about FraudRecord. Did you know they already leaked customer/client information?
    https://vpsboard.com/threads/fraudrecord-public-dumps-user-customer-info.6357/

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2017

Fakenews. Link to report or GTFO.

• @Lee said:

Fakenews. Link to report or GTFO.

Fakenews ahahahaha. I don't have to prove you anything.

• LeeLee Veteran

localhost said: Fakenews ahahahaha. I don't have to prove you anything.

Correct, but already nobody cares about you or your issue. You come complaining about a fraud report that you claim is false, refuse to show the report.

Why? Because it was correct and you don't want to share it, likely from a provider people here will trust and you know it.

Jog on.

• I just landed here and posted my comment. Seriously I dont give a *** what you think.

• @localhost

But that also doesn't give you permission to not give a f*** about everyone else, asshole.

• Why do I need permission to give a f***???

• @localhost said:
    Seriously I dont give a *** what you think.

If you don't care what the members of the forum you posted the comment on think, what's the point in the post? You posted to try and get people to side with your views of FraudRecord, yet are now saying you don't care what people think of it - surely that contradicts your choice to post + bump a year old thread.

• He told ME to GTFO !!! Pay attention!

• @localhost said:
    He told ME to GTFO !!! Pay attention!

With the number of people that come to the forums posting their version of accounts with providers which turn out to be completely inaccurate, I think that's within reason. Sure, it may not be the best way to have said it, however there's no reason for anyone to believe you're opinion on here unless you can prove it (& most of the community won't believe it without proof from what I've seen).

• AidanAidan Member

localhost said: He told ME to GTFO

Even more of a reason to "expose" the report.

As it stands right now, you're just looking like a fool.

• localhostlocalhost Member
    edited July 2017

@matthewkilpatrick said:

@localhost said:
    He told ME to GTFO !!! Pay attention!

With the number of people that come to the forums posting their version of accounts with providers which turn out to be completely inaccurate, I think that's within reason. Sure, it may not be the best way to have said it, however there's no reason for anyone to believe you're opinion on here unless you can prove it (& most of the community won't believe it without proof from what I've seen).

I dont care if people believe me or not. I'm PISSED that my full name, address etc. is listed in a FRAUD database with a false statement. I didnt come here to convince you people about anything. Im just pissed off, is that so hard to understand???

• @localhost said:

I dont care if people believe me or not. I'm PISSED that my full name, address etc. is listed in a FRAUD database with a false statement. I didnt come here to convince you people about anything. Im just pissed off, is that so hard to understand???

Well, if that's your view, then there was no need at all to post here, if you don't want anyone to understand why you feel that way. Contacting FraudReport directly at https://www.fraudrecord.com/removal-process/ to alert them of what you claim to be a false reporting would be a lot more useful, as there's nothing members here can do about it (to my knowledge)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • YuraYura Member
    edited July 2017

@localhost said:
    I'm PISSED that my full name, address etc. is listed in a FRAUD database with a false statement.

Doesn't FraudRecord use hashes only and never shares actual personally identified information? How it works?

• @Yura said:

Doesn't FraudRecord use hashes only and never shares actual personally identified information? How it works?

Their site says that too: https://fraudrecord.com/security/ - so only can be tracked down to the individual by another person possessing the information who can hash it to check the database.

• YuraYura Member

@matthewkilpatrick said:
    Their site says that too: https://fraudrecord.com/security/ - so only can be tracked down to the individual by another person possessing the information who can hash it to check the database.

That's what I read too, but this whole enterprise doesn't appear to be run professionally and sensibly in the slightest. Database is full of dubious records, founder doesn't pay much attention and had slip ups in the past. What he says and what he does could be two very different things.

Someone with access to FR could verify if hashing happens on the provider's server or FR server? That would be appreciated.

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • edited July 2017

@Yura said:
    Someone with access to FR could verify if hashing happens on the provider's server or FR server? That would be appreciated.

The code for their modules can be downloaded by anyone at https://fraudrecord.com/integration/, so you should be able to check over it.

In the WHMCS module, the last few lines suggest it's hashed on the provider side:

function fraudrecord_hash($value) {

for($i = 0; $i < 32000; $i++)

$value = sha1("fraudrecord-".$value);

return $value;

}

Thanked by 1Yura
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's no secret that I love FraudRecord. Also that I hate providers who misuse it, and think they should be shamed. Choosing not to shame them makes me sad.

But no, your contact information is not stored there, but if you did commit fraud then it wouldn't matter. Not a customer = no applicable privacy policy. No one committing fraud is going to contest that legally. If you didn't, they should be named and shamed.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2017

jarland said: Also that I hate providers who misuse it, and think they should be shamed

I think FraudRecord deserve the shame more for not managing records better.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Lee said:

jarland said: Also that I hate providers who misuse it, and think they should be shamed

I think FraudRecord deserve the shame more for not managing records better.

I think I've had a name change pending on my FR account for like 2 years now. It's not important though.. just something mistyped.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ah well as the guy that decided to necro this has no substance and is most likely fully deserving to be on fraud record, probably for being generally abusive I could do with out the hot air and 20+ notifications @jarland as the OP I kindly request that you close this, please.

If the OP decides to grow up he can start his own thread and generally be an asshole to people in that.

Thanked by 1localhost
  • Closed by request of @AnthonySmith

This discussion has been closed.