Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

**Updated**PacificIDC(swiftnode.de) review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

**Updated**PacificIDC(swiftnode.de) review

Comments

• dearroy said: Do you provide SMS support to your clients? If so, why do you need a helpdesk?

BTW, I highly suggest you edit your post and merge those seperated comments, a "spamming" like way won't help to get things resolved better.

As a provider, why don't you spend time fixing the issue you have? Isn't that the main thing you should focus on?

>

Not sure Roy is Roy, sounds more Western based today.

Also, you cursed at the client regarding disk corruption completely sure it was that, telling him it had nothing to do with his CentOS install.

Only to be corrected higher up by Vinny, who concurred: CentOS isn't working for some reason.

Get NOC-PS and let the clients reload their systems sans a ticket + LET post. He was treated like crap IMO for a straight forward re-install request, and Roy seems to have two different tones...

Just an observation.

• doughmanes said: Pretty common with Chinese customers and US locations. China's network going to crap is almost predictable daily. In my past experience with multiple providers, it always seems a cultural thing in that region to call support liars or make wild accusations like intentionally damaging hardware. I mean why would support intentionally do something to have a support ticket drag out indefinitely.

Which is why I always ask for a source IP, and get an MTR with 100 packets at least, and literally show them where the congestion starts by hop #.

With internet cheap in China and everyone hosting on their connections, congestion is ridiculous out of the mainland, even if the provider's uplink isn't full at HKIX, etc.

Such is the way with catering to China and the Mainland. Every time I've calmly explained it's mainland congestion out of the control, proving it with a reverse MTR the user has been understanding.

It's when there's a standoff and disconnect or language barriers when things get messy. Working with so many mainland / China customers, you learn to augment your replies in a way that machine translation can translate back to Chinese understandably over time, and they are usually a pretty understanding lot.

Thanked by 2doughmanes dearroy
  • Yep I would always provide 1-2 line response versus something detailed and possibly drawn out which Google Translate won't translate correctly

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

Kris said: Not sure Roy is Roy, sounds more Western based today.

Also, you cursed at the client regarding disk corruption completely sure it was that, telling him it had nothing to do with his CentOS install.

Only to be corrected higher up by Vinny, who concurred: CentOS isn't working for some reason.

Get NOC-PS and let the clients reload their systems sans a ticket + LET post. He was treated like crap IMO for a straight forward re-install request, and Roy seems to have two different tones...

Just an observation.

Thank you for your comment.

I apologize if any offensive words, we did audit for the hardware and confirmed it's fine, it's just because client has broken the filesystem and he couldn't fix it by himself.

So my team mate suggest him reloading OS but keep the LVMs for VMs (for the sake of data), so NOC-PS wouldn't help as it needs to be customized.

A KVM over IP had been attached to his server, with remote media supported and full access given.

I kept same tone throughout the tickets, and I would translate all chinese contents if you are interested.

Let me know if you want to know any further details, I would like to share as long as it's not offtopic.

• dearroy said: Let me know if you want to know any further details, I would like to share as long as it's not offtopic.

No need. Completely understandable reply. Didn't know he had access to NOC-PS the entire time and could've just wiped it.

I thought he was getting the run around and waiting for the DC to re-install for him.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2016

Oh another cultural thing: threat of leaving/cancelling a large amount of servers especially during pricing/discount disputes.

Some will even cancel 1/3 of their servers which will reasonably put a business in a panic but they'll slowly reorder that 1/3 back once you call their bluff. Look at your clients and see who has as much servers (or more) then offer them "a limited time offer" for those cancelled servers at the "I'm leaving" customer's pricing so that client loses that ability with the empty threat.

Thanked by 1dearroy

Kris said: Which is why I always ask for a source IP, and get an MTR with 100 packets at least, and literally show them where the congestion starts by hop #.

With internet cheap in China and everyone hosting on their connections, congestion is ridiculous out of the mainland, even if the provider's uplink isn't full at HKIX, etc.

Such is the way with catering to China and the Mainland. Every time I've calmly explained it's mainland congestion out of the control, proving it with a reverse MTR the user has been understanding.

It's when there's a standoff and disconnect or language barriers when things get messy. Working with so many mainland / China customers, you learn to augment your replies in a way that machine translation can translate back to Chinese understandably over time, and they are usually a pretty understanding lot.

So many clients submitted a ticket with "ping gets time out" or "why your network is so slow" etc. That does not help at all.

Congestion is ridiculous inside mainland too, even if it's on direct route with CT, CU. It's hard to control and maintain due to well-known political reasons, we try our best though.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
    edited February 2016

doughmanes said: Oh another cultural thing: threat of leaving/cancelling a large amount of servers especially during pricing/discount disputes.

Some will even cancel 1/3 of their servers which will reasonably put a business in a panic but they'll slowly reorder that 1/3 back once you call their bluff. Look at your clients and see who has as much servers (or more) then offer them "a limited time offer" for those cancelled servers at the "I'm leaving" customer's pricing so that client loses that ability with the empty threat.

True! I have some similar experience with a few "profiteering" resellers.

They ordered a large volumes of servers during clearance/limited specials, and they constantly request for same rate when the promotion is ended, otherwise they would just threat of leaving.

That's business, we understand, we are happy if they stick with us, and we wish them all the best if they find cheaper providers that give them larger profit margin.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Kris said:

Just an observation.

Yeah

• @aim_pac is just another one "member" that register to LET just to bash a provider... First post, bashing provider for an unmanaged service that comes with a full IPMI access... My god, why those people are offering services and pretend they are... "hosting providers" when they do not know a sh!t about managing a server? Seem aim_pac is too cheap to pay for a tech guy to handle his servers...

Also, @dearroy and @ItsChrisG were very helpful to OP's (aim_pac) demands, trying to lead him on what should he do with his unmanaged service. "Fuck it up" was not an expression to their client, but they just tried to make him careful when he tries to "fix" his file system (they just said that if a non LIII tech guy try to fix this, he would fuck up the system).

@aim_pac You are wrong here, and it is a shame on you registering here just to blame others for your lack of knowledge.

Thanked by 2dearroy doughmanes
  • dearroy said: True! I have some similar experience with a few "profiteering" resellers.

I think thats why Datashack/WSI/etc have "pre-configured" servers now with less IPs due to those guys chasing after the cheapest things with maximum amount of IPs

@jvnadr Thank you!

Was trying to help OP, but OP didn't seems want to focus on what is really valued to his business.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @dearroy said:

I will upload and update all of our SMS records' pictures.
    Wait

aim_pac said: I will upload and update all of our SMS records' pictures. Wait

I have no problem with that, as long as you think that helps you RESOLVE your issue.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2016

@aim_pac Do you know how to manage a server? Are you a Level 3 + tech guy? Do you even know what an IPMI or KVM is? Have you entered your IPMI? Do you know how to fix a centos filesystem? If yes, stop posting here and go to fix your server. If not, stop posting here and quit your involve with hosting business. Try to work at your local fast food as a waiter, it better suits to you...

Thanked by 1dearroy
  • Get the popcorn ready I know the SMS will be amusing

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @doughmanes said:
    Get the popcorn ready I know the SMS will be amusing

Updated!

• @dearroy said:

uh-huh.Updated

@aim_pac remove my phone number please, I do not provide telphone support. thank you.

@jarland is that allowed?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @dearroy said:
    aim_pac remove my phone number please, I do not provide telphone support. thank you.

jarland is that allowed?

If i removed.How to prove this is you?

• Looked like you were using an ext2 file system (god knows why, unjournaled) which... crashed - which ext2 does, and needed to be repaired, without fsck.ext2 present.

Should have mounted an ISO like Finnix and repaired it.

Thanked by 2dearroy doughmanes

aim_pac said: If i removed.How to prove this is you?

LOL I am right here.

• Thanked by 2ATHK GM2015
  • @dearroy said:
    LOL I am right here.

But some people dont know- -
    lol:)

aim_pac said: But some people dont know- - lol:)

So what? Sorry I cannot get it, can you tell me how that matters, sir?

• @dearroy said:
    So what? Sorry I cannot get it, can you tell me how that matters, sir?

Sorry..Not other meanings..Just avoid some debates..Understand me,thanks

See what OP is doing:

Thanked by 1doughmanes