Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS in EU

GaNiGaNi Member
edited January 2013 in General

I am looking for DDoS protected VPS (KVM/Open-VZ) based in Europe. Would like to use it as a GRE Tunnel for my Game Servers which get hit by syn flood on a frequent basis.

Price Range: Negotiable

Thank you!

PS: The attack lasts for 5mins, everyday :/

Comments

• Not going to happen sorry :(

• LET range? None that I know of.

• @Spencer Is it the Price bothering you?

@curtisg Let me know your recommendations which don't belong to LET Range

• Nothing even for x5 LEB range...

• Raising the bets.

• price + size?

• @Zen
    location?

• See if this can help you they have DDOS Protection
    http://burstnet.eu/

• Burstnet, they'll help you with DDoS by having you offline. Didn't they just have a big outage the other day in UK?

• They don't have any mitigation or anything, even unable to apply a ACL. And if you're getting attacked and only have a VPS I imagine it would be a simple termination.

We had equipment there, and it got bashed about on deracking. Plus the fact I was on the phone atleast 7-8 times a day asking for nullroutes to be placed.

@pubcrawler said: Didn't they just have a big outage the other day in UK?

• That was a open opportunity for you, and I seen it coming. Continue your useless posts Jack.

@Jack said: Don't forget the part where they laughed at you.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2013

@Jack said: I only posted it for a bit of a laugh.

• ah, the memories. :D

• Just saw this on Webhostingtalk. Says in Poland....

Website under DDoS? Fed up with constantly going down? Well IZServ now offers a solution that can fix that. Our service allows you stay with your current host while we keep you protected.

Our DDoS Proxy services are suitable for TCP only applications, VOIP , Game Servers, Minecraft, Shoutcast, TCP Load Balancing. are all possible with our TCP Proxy services. The network we use utilizes Juniper routers / switches. DDoS is filtered network level.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1233203

TCP Proxy Light

• 10GBps Protection
    • 99.99% Uptime
    • UDP / SYN / TCP / Spoofed
    • Unmetered 1Gbps Port
    • 1 Dedicated Port
    • 1000 Connection Limit
    • Setup: 24 Business Hours

$9.99 Per month - Order

https://portal.izserv.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=5

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2013

That looks so cool !
    I wonder if it really works, tho. The prices are terribly low. 1gbps unmetered ? WTF ?

• Only one way to know @Maounique, but it and test it.

I am unclear on the connection limit of the various plans though. What exactly is a connection limit and might that actually help a DDoS be successful by saturating the available connections.

I believe that is the "cleared" connections, after they have been scrubbed of bad packets, otherwise would be done in the first seconds of an attack...
    Anyway, it is interesting, I hope someone tests it. Might be interesting for ppl hosted in germany and estonia, for example...

• 1GBPS unmetered... nice....

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited January 2013

I am unclear about this offer... Was advertised as a web type protection service in addition to all those other things (VOIP , Game Servers, Minecraft, Shoutcast, TCP Load Balancing).

Did the pre sales inquiry about particulars.

Received this:

Currently we do not offer HTTP Protection only TCP based.

You could purchase a DDoS Protected VM from us for around $49 we can then setup ACLs for HTTP UDP SYN floods. and configure the software. Load balancing is also possible including SSL.

HTTP traffic, port 80, standard web services are TCP based, right?

I must be missing something here. Someone set me straight.

• @pubcrawler don't see contradiction there. Maybe they offer protection against SYN floods and other high pps or high traffic attacks (i.e. at the network level). But don't offer protection against layer7 attacks.

edited January 2013

@pubcrawler said: we can then setup ACLs for HTTP UDP SYN floods

Then what does that mean ?

• TCP Proxy Light
    UDP / SYN / TCP / Spoofed

Yeah those guys have no idea what they are talking about. Better stay away from them.

• Got me beat @Maounique.

I asked followup question for clarification and awaiting a response...

What they did say in the original response was buy a $49/mo VPS from us. Wrong sales approach there for sure...

• Just received this response:

"Port 80 is developed for HTTP Traffic TCP traffic is completely different."

OK, so HTTP is not TCP, it is completely different...
    I see...

@gsrdgrdghd said: Yeah those guys have no idea what they are talking about. Better stay away from them.

• I saw the ticket the other day thought some response was needed.

Sorry for the information we provided you with, and trying to force you to purchase something larger. The issue is our services are not protected by layer 7 floods, such as HTTP floods.

HTTP is layer 7 where TCP is a lower layer of networking. this is why we don't do HTTP traffic yet only TCP proxying. this is due to our protection level with our provider, we can handle 10gbit udp syn tcp floods without any problems. only protection we lack is layer 7 protection is done server level when layer7 attacks occur. We can contact our hosting provider to migrate the attack manually. we hope to protect HTTP traffic very soon.

• Good info @JoelHall.

Keep us informed and let us know when you can protect HTTP traffic. There is a big need for the service.

@JoelHall
    I am also curious about some other aspects:
    1. What does 1 gbps port mean ? This is how much "scrubbed" traffic I can redirect to my site ?
    2. While I understand HTTP is layer 7, port 80 was not "developed" for HTTP, it is a simple TCP port, I can have HTTP over 8080, 3128, 8081, 1080, whatever port I have free and I want to. Even 22, 21, ANY port. True, most often the http traffic goes to 80, but there are many services using a web server of some sort to serve HTTP content in a browser over many unusual ports, such as 10000, 3000, 7778... How is TCP traffic completely different from HTTP one ?
    3. _It's not just you! http://portal.izserv.com looks down from here. _
    I managed to find the new location tho, so what does it mean 2500 users maximum ?
    When the DDoS reaches 2500 IPs you drop the protection ?

I am really curious because we are looking into a way to offer affordable DDoS protection and this looks like a promising lead.

• edited February 2013

HTTP traffic over port 80 establishes a TCP connection, but can listen over any port like stated.

I like to call UDP "UnDirectional Protocol" because the packets are sent in more of a best effort fashion than TCP, where you have a TCP handshake and all that.

I know UDP doesn't stand for UnDirectional protocol, it's just a way of remembering the transmission method of UDP.

• How is TCP traffic completely different from HTTP one ?

I am awaiting some explanation on this also. That's how I think of things also.