Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Number one biggest worries for starter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Number one biggest worries for starter

I think to see your provider always keep online is something that make you feel comfort, at least they stay on working time. Sometimes when i looking for candidate they give good price but hard to find where fast response from their contact i can get.
Will be glad if in their store write GMT work.
This is good example

I feel he always stay in working time

And the bad one is arubacloud.

Comments

• must be 100% scam, when they don't give 24/7 support for your 2$ vps!!111!111

• thank you for advice

• boerndboernd Member
    edited February 2016

These live chat things are usually annoying as shit because there is often a pop up after a few seconds which is asking if you need help.

Thanked by 1asf
  • I usually get my adblocker to visually filter these out. Same thing that happens when some shady site starts overshadowing your browser with an email capture offer. No thanks.

boernd said: These live chat things are usually annoying as shit because there is often a pop up after a few seconds which is asking if you need help.

• I think d2itsme is confused about what kind of services are offered on LET. Sadly no hookers, just some self confessed cunts around here!

• @boernd said:
    These live chat things are usually annoying as shit because there is often a pop up after a few seconds which is asking if you need help.

At least it's real customer service , real man behind on it and that's not BOT. Have u ever meet with automatically answer that setup before from the owner? it's make me absurd. :)

Thanked by 1Darwin
  • I'd rather have a quick ticket response where I type out the issue and they respond quickly, than a live chat where the person takes 5 minutes to reply to each message.

Thanked by 3d2itsme asf lazyt
  • probably starters should at first learn the different meanings of 'support' depending on the services they order.

mostly lowend services will be unmanaged, yet support will only be needed, if there is an issue with the server (network/hardware) the provider has to cope with. which should be rare over all, if the quality of service is somewhat decent and reliable.

and if the service is of really bad quality, unstable, and goes down quite often - guess what? the support and live chat probably wont help you either...

if you need someone to tell you how to setup your bloody wordpress you have to go for managed services.

Thanked by 2asf coreflux
  • @hostnoob said:
    I'd rather have a quick ticket response where I type out the issue and they respond quickly, than a live chat where the person takes 5 minutes to reply to each message.

and as someone who works on the other side of that platform... jesus christ people... I can't fix your silly issues if I'm busy updating you on what I'm doing every 30 seconds... Live Chat =/= superhuman support.

Thanked by 1asf
  • @Falzo said:
    probably starters should at first learn the different meanings of 'support' depending on the services they order.

mostly lowend services will be unmanaged, yet support will only be needed, if there is an issue with the server (network/hardware) the provider has to cope with. which should be rare over all, if the quality of service is somewhat decent and reliable.

and if the service is of really bad quality, unstable, and goes down quite often - guess what? the support and live chat probably wont help you either...

if you need someone to tell you how to setup your bloody wordpress you have to go for managed services.

Setup Wordpress is easy for me don't worry. I can handle it :)

• @d2itsme said:
    Setup Wordpress is easy for me don't worry. I can handle it :)

then for what you need 24/7 live support on your unmanaged service?

• d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited February 2016

@Jonchun said:
    and as someone who works on the other side of that platform... jesus christ people... I can't fix your silly issues if I'm busy updating you on what I'm doing every 30 seconds... Live Chat =/= superhuman support.

sorry not for offense but in my opinion setting up support application in your mailbox through your thunderbird will be give you quick notification information, and you can reply it soon as possible.

• @Falzo said:
    then for what you need 24/7 live support on your unmanaged service?

just write clearly your work in time ex: 09.00 AM - 02.00 PM (GMT+ or GMT - ) in your website support.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited February 2016

d2itsme said: just write clearly your work in time

Thank you for discovering the Internet today, now sit back, have a Coke and a smile, and STFU

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @d2itsme said:
    09.00 AM - 02.00 PM (GMT+ or GMT - )

I don't understand why other countries don't use the 24hs format. 09:00 to 14:00 :D

• @miTgiB said:
    Thank you for discovering the Internet today, now sit back, have a Coke and a smile, and STFU

I think you're being friendly :)

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    I don't understand why other countries don't use the 24hs format. 09:00 to 14:00 :D

for me i can adjust it through GMT they covered , just make it sure when they are online.

• @d2itsme said:
    just write clearly your work in time ex: 09.00 AM - 02.00 PM (GMT+ or GMT - ) in your website support.

yeah, it could be helpful to tell about exact location and business hours - this one I have to agree!

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

Please contact @nekki. He's been working hard with providers to improve customer support, availability time and general quality of replies.

He's the owner of http://nekkihost.com and is a partner in most companies here.

He's interested in ideas and suggestions to improve his initiative and meet these challenges. He will then proceed with your recommendations, make a judgment, and move the process forward.

d2itsme said: I think to see your provider always keep online is something that make you feel comfort, at least they stay on working time. Sometimes when i looking for candidate they give good price but hard to find where fast response from their contact i can get. Will be glad if in their store write GMT work.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

Am I the only one who finds the OP's avatar somehow disturbing and creepy? I mean - It's obviously not him. Why does anyone choose a picture like this as avatar then? That's just... well, creepy.

• @Amitz said:
    Am I the only one who finds the OP's avatar somehow disturbing and creepy? I mean - It's obviously not him. Why does anyone choose a picture like this as avatar then?

Bonus creepy: Google image search isn't able to find that picture neither pictures like that girl.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Darwin said:
    Bonus creepy: Google image search isn't able to find that picture neither pictures like that girl.

You'll find me in the corner sucking my thumb. That is indeed a bonus.

• LeeLee Veteran

My number one biggest worry is that guys still pretend to be girls on forums.

Thanked by 1Straykat
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Yeah, i hate replacing the starter... They are heavy and when you are lying under the truck or car you have to hold them and put the bolts in at the same time!

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Seriously i have no idea, such thread wow

• edited February 2016

@EkaatyLinux said:

Please observe the rules?

Signatures may contain only text, with a maximum of two lines, and hyperlinks, with a maximum of three in total.

• theroyalstudent said: Please observe the rules?

Please observe your resolution?

I have three links and, with 1366x768 on the notebook that I'm using right now, two lines.

But, let me ask, are you from the signature police or something?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • EkaatyLinux said: 1366x768 on the notebook that I'm using right now, two lines.

And who would ever believe that, only one on 2560x1440 !

• @Frecyboy said:
    And who would ever believe that, only one on 2560x1440 !

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant. Was it a joke?

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant. Was it a joke?

No, I see your signature as one line with my screen resolution.