Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New email deals from NodeServ
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New email deals from NodeServ

thagoatthagoat Member
edited February 2016 in Providers

Got this email this morning and thought I'd pass it along (I'm not affiliated with NodeServ)

To:TheMostHandsomeManInTheWorld
Subject:NodeServ February Sale! VPS Prices Slashed!
Date:February 10, 2016 10:29
NodeServ, LLC

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are a current or past customer of NodeServ, LLC.

We hope all of you had a happy and safe start to the new year, we haven't sent out an offer in awhile with new deals so here it is!

Our newest configuration host node specifications are provisioned on Dual X5650, 48 GB DDR-3 RAM, 4x 1 TB drives in HW RAID-10!

All new orders are being provisioned onto fresh and empty machines.

OpenVZ512

100 GB Hard Drive Space
1000 GB Bandwidth
512 MB DDR-3 Dedicated RAM
512 MB vSWAP
1 GBPS Link Speed
2 CPU Cores
1 IPv4 Address
FREE /64 IPv6 Subnet(Submit a ticket to have it assigned)
Jacksonville Datacenter
Automated Provisioning of services - Deployed Instantly

FREE Setup -- Regularly: $30/year NOW just $13/year ** USE COUPON CODE: 2016-512 **
Click Here to Order

OpenVZ 1 GB RAM

150 GB Hard Drive Space
2000 GB Bandwidth
1024 MB DDR-3 Dedicated RAM
1024 MB vSWAP
1 GBPS Link Speed
4 CPU Cores
2 IPv4 Addresses
Jacksonville Datacenter

FREE Setup -- Regularly: $40/year NOW just $23/year ** USE COUPON CODE: 2016-1GB **
Click Here to Order

OpenVZ 2 GB RAM

200 GB Hard Drive Space
3000 GB Bandwidth
2048 MB DDR-3 Dedicated RAM
2048 MB vSWAP
1 GBPS Link Speed
4 CPU Cores
2 IPv4 Addresses
Jacksonville Datacenter

FREE Setup -- Regularly: $60/year NOW just $43/year ** USE COUPON CODE: 2016-2GB **
Click Here to Order

Thanks,

NodeServ, LLC

Comments

• edited February 2016

Remove your email from unsubscribe link unless you want spam lol

• An Error Occurred

You have already unsubscribed from our newsletter.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • Snipped unsub link and formatted better.

Thanked by 3trewq thagoat Four20
  • Are they reliable ?

• @Junkless said:
    Are they reliable ?

I've had a box from them for alomst a year now. Very solid host. I can't remember a minute of downtime. Fast ticket times, too.

• @Ishaq said:
    Snipped unsub link and formatted better.

That's why you're the super moderator =)

Thanked by 1Ishaq
  • Aren't these deals even better than old Crissic ones? How's their uptime?

• DroidDroid Member
    edited February 2016

@Traffic said:
    Aren't these deals even better than old Crissic ones? How's their uptime?

I've had a box for about 8 months now, a few network hiccups along the way, although haven't seen any downtime for the duration I've had the box up (~170 days).

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Lol @ Crissic. I renewed my yearly box about 4 days before Skylar sold out. Now I keep trying to violate their TOS and AUP so they'll kill my server off for me. No luck, I'm stuck with it until August.

Thanked by 2Traffic doghouch
  • http://superuser.com/questions/443406/how-can-i-produce-high-cpu-load-on-a-linux-server

for i in {1..10000000000}; do while : ; do : ; done & done

I've tried that on my laptop and it became unusable at around a load of 1000+.

If that doesn't suspend you, I don't know what will.

thagoat said: Lol @ Crissic. I renewed my yearly box about 4 days before Skylar sold out. Now I keep trying to violate their TOS and AUP so they'll kill my server off for me. No luck, I'm stuck with it until August.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • Jade_GJade_G Member
    edited February 2016

We appreciate the repost @thagoat

To just clear up we are very different from Crissic. We own all of hardware that we operate on wholly and do not lease any equipment, this means less costs for us which also means more savings for our customers. I myself physically work at the data center where our equipment is housed, I can be on-site to fix any issues if they arise. When it came to Crissic they were all about making the money(too inflated), as we are a more lean operation. We care about what goes on with our clients and are here to help with whatever they need (Within reason)

We have been around since August of 2013 and are very excited for years to come.

Please note: these deals are only valid for a limited time.

If anyone has any questions or concerns feel free to toss me a PM here on LET or by submitting a support ticket and I will he sure to get you sorted out.

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • Any looking glass?

• @masterqqq said:
    Any looking glass?

Quick Google search would've helped you out.....

http://lg.nodeserv.com/

The IP doesn't resolve though..

• @ATHK said:
    The IP doesn't resolve though..

Thanks.

• @masterqqq said:
    Any looking glass?

Looking glass test IP was updated and needs to be updated on the looking glass page. If you require the test IP feel free to PM me for it.

• Nice deals! Any benchmark?

• @Junkless said: Are they reliable ?

I have been with NodeServ for a few months (one 1024ov and two 512ov) So far, they have been great.

I signed up with NdoeServ as a replacement for Crissic. I am happy to say that they are better than Crissic in every way (and I liked Crissic, but Crissic had network problems and would restart containers too frequently).

100% uptime so far with NodeServ, along with professional and friendly support from @Jade_G

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited February 2016

@Jade_G It seems that Debian 8 is not supported there, is it?

• Is it recurring?

• 4x 1 TB drives in HW RAID-10

Mh... Makes a total of 2TB, with the smallest offer being 100GB with 2Cores / 512MB.

Maximum of 20 instances (20x13$) and the disk will be full.

(20x2Cores = 20Cores out of 48 and 2x512MB RAM = 10GB.

Wonder what they do with the reamining Cores and RAM...?

Lets look at the other plan.

The biggest one features the following specs:

200 GB Hard Drive Space
    3000 GB Bandwidth
    2048 MB DDR-3 Dedicated RAM
    4 CPU Cores

So a total of 10 VMs will be able to run on the box, utilizing the 2TB, 20GB RAM and 40 Cores.... leaving some RAM (8GB) and Cores (8Cores) unused.

That that is not even possible, as the OS itself also uses some disk space.

Now some other maths...

20x13$ (Smallest Instance) = 260$

10x43$ (Biggest Instance) = 430$

430/12 = 36$/pm

Help me?

• @Wolf said:

hmm, what openvz says about math, even kvm.

@Jade_G are you free incoming bandwidth, like a Crissic do?

• @andiklive said:

What?

• @noisycode said:
    Jade_G It seems that Debian 8 is not supported there, is it?

Currently it is not supported due to SolusVM not working correctly with it with OpenVZ.

@TheLonely said:
    Is it recurring?

Yes it is recurring.

@Wolf said:
    Help me?

Resources are not dedicated to you,
    same at every other OVZ in the universe. If you wish to have completely dedicated resources to yourself then KVM would be the option, but thats more pricey.

When it comes to hard drive space, we usually run 50% on average of disk consumed per node by customers, plenty of headroom there.

@andiklive said:
    Jade_G are you free incoming bandwidth, like a Crissic do?

We do not. That may be an option in the future but as of right now we do not.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited February 2016

@Jade_G said:

Does this means that each customer only can use 50% of space allocated to them?

• Wolf said: Mh... Makes a total of 2TB, with the smallest offer being 100GB with 2Cores / 512MB.
    Maximum of 20 instances (20x13$) and the disk will be full.
    (20x2Cores = 20Cores out of 48 and 2x512MB RAM = 10GB.
    Wonder what they do with the reamining Cores and RAM...?
    Lets look at the other plan.
    The biggest one features the following specs:
    200 GB Hard Drive Space 3000 GB Bandwidth 2048 MB DDR-3 Dedicated RAM 4 CPU Cores
    So a total of 10 VMs will be able to run on the box, utilizing the 2TB, 20GB RAM and 40 Cores.... leaving some RAM (8GB) and Cores (8Cores) unused.
    That that is not even possible, as the OS itself also uses some disk space.
    Now some other maths...
    20x13$ (Smallest Instance) = 260$
    10x43$ (Biggest Instance) = 430$
    430/12 = 36$/pm
    Help me?

Yeah I've been wondering about the same thing. I've heard of providers overselling RAM, CPU and bandwidth, but here it looks like they are overselling HDD space.

• How much of your disk space do you use over all your computers(laptop,pc,boards,servers etc)?

I don't think I use half of my storage.

wwabbit said: Yeah I've been wondering about the same thing. I've heard of providers overselling RAM, CPU and bandwidth, but here it looks like they are overselling HDD space.

• Jade_GJade_G Member
    edited February 2016

@masterqqq said:
    Does this means that each customer only can use 50% of space allocated to them?

No that is not what it means, customers can utilize all their disk space if they really needed it. What we are saying is on every node we only put enough containers to fill up 50% of the disk space on the physical node to give plenty of headroom.

@wwabbit said:
    Yeah I've been wondering about the same thing. I've heard of providers overselling RAM, CPU and bandwidth, but here it looks like they are overselling HDD space.

As we stated previously, resources are not fully dedicated just towards you, all OVZ setups are the same. We by any means are not overselling like you think. If you require direct dedicated resources then KVM or a dedicated machine would suit you best.

• @Jade_G Please help to active my service. Invoice number: #9490

• @Jade_G How much would extra bandwidth cost (5-20TB)?

• @Jade_G said:

>

So instead of utilizing the full 2TB, you only sell / put customers worth of 1TB on one node?

That makes the price calculation even worse... wonder how you can stay in business?

Lets see how many instances fit onto one node:

20x13$ (Smallest Instance) = 260$ / 2 (as only 50% hard drive utilization) = 130$

10x43$ (Biggest Instance) = 430$ / 2 (as only 50% hard drive utilization) = 215$

Now lets devide that by 12months and 50%, as you only use half the disk capacity:

130/12 = 11$/pm / 2 (50%) = 6$/pm.

430/12 = 36$/pm / 2 (50%) = 18$/pm.

6$/pm if you fit 20 of the smallest and 18$ if you fit 10 of the greatets instance on your node. That would not even pay the power...

So... let me guess.

This is just a misunderstanding?