Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking feedback for possible future Atom dedicated offer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking feedback for possible future Atom dedicated offer

2»

Comments

• @MikeIn said: It would be good to provide to provide Shared Web host to say 50 users making both parties happy (Total cost approx. $70 with cPanel).

Until about a year and a half ago I used an Atom 330 to host about 300 websites on a shared server, they are far from as useless as many in the thread seem to believe. I currently have 2 D525's in service, one is a NAS in LA and the other is the Charlotte router running Vyatta.

• +1 @miTgiB, I still use 330's. Typing on one now :)

• Oop's
    I thought 50 would be a fare share ;) For one-third being below normal users, avg. users and resource hungry users (Using CMS+ few GB of Content).

• @KernelSanders said: Flat as in unmetered I'm guessing

thanks

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I bought a few twin3 supermicro (8 units in 2u dual powered with ipmi and with 3 2.5" disk bay per atom )

They are good and the first two twins were sold to old clients in no time, so i had good feeling to sell more to the public, but then each sale discussion ended on a price comparison with ovh so i decided to not promote them anymore :-)

• @prometeus at least put them somewhere on your website, even in just in whmcs :) Right now they are nowhere to be found. And not always everything is abouit price, some people also want diversity of locations, etc.
    Sure, you can't sell as many as OVH would sell, but you don't need to sell so many anyway.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2013

Ok, i am asking for some more feedback please.
    The base package is now cheaper and there are more (mainly HDD) options to choose from.

To repeat: THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL OFFER YET, PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO ORDER IT FOR NOW.

Still if someone is interested you can PM me to discuss what is available (the local hardware suppliers are currently failing me with their lack of some HDD stock).

And for those who didn't bother to scroll to the top, here is the URL - https://www.fitvps.com/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=19