Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weloveservers now Hostwinds - And the Story Begins! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weloveservers now Hostwinds - And the Story Begins!

2»

Comments

• Can anyone tell, Clouvider, how is their service? Network and Uptime is decent?

• @ftn said:
    Can anyone tell, Clouvider, how is their service? Network and Uptime is decent?

@Clouvider how is your service? Is the network and uptime decent? OP wanted us to ask you.

• ATHK said: @Clouvider how is your service? Is the network and uptime decent? OP wanted us to ask you.

Top @'ing mate.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ftn said:
    Can anyone tell, Clouvider, how is their service? Network and Uptime is decent?

Have a look at the Emil's review here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/55920/clouvider/p1 :)

@ATHK I think it's quite decent ;-). Thanks for tagging!

• @Nekki said:
    Top @'ing mate.

Why thank you cunty mc cunt.

• ATHK said: Why thank you cunty mc cunt.

Believe it or not, 'MC Cunt' was actually my (short-lived) DJ name back in the late 90's.

• @Nekki said:
    Believe it or not, 'MC Cunt' was actually my (short-lived) DJ name back in the late 90's.

I love you.

Thanked by 2Nekki netomx
  • Nekki said: Believe it or not, 'MC Cunt' was actually my (short-lived) DJ name back in the late 90's.

I remember you! You have been on tour in Germany, together with DJ Dick, right?
    DJ Dick & MC Cunt - The "In and Out Tour 1993". You were sensational!

• @ChairHosting said:
    Unless you order the Dedibox® POWER 8 which is 1500EUR the Fees from paypal dont go over 12 EUR. Im not understanding where they get the 19 EUR Fees from..

Wat

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Amitz said: I remember you! You have been on tour in Germany, together with DJ Dick, right? DJ Dick & MC Cunt - The "In and Out Tour 1993". You were sensational!

Then you must remember our hard-hitting '93 vinyl-only release 'Erectile Diss-Function' with it's stand out tracks '(I Just Can't) Get It Up', 'Firin' Blanks' and 'Baby, This Never Happens'. Unfortunately, it was a complete flop.

• @amhoab said:
    I contacted support about this via live chat, and was told not to trust any of the info in the panel yet. He said that specs and pricing will most likely remain the same.

So faithful, Um impressed :D Are you a customer of WLS or, Just knocking around?

Hostwind Sucks, They did not honor the WLS Pricing. Hostwind scam and cheap provider, nothing else.

• ftn said: So faithful, Um impressed :D Are you a customer of WLS or, Just knocking around?

I'm a customer as well. I mainly used them for their Europe presence, but looks like I'll need to jump ship.

• @amhoab said:
    I'm a customer as well. I mainly used them for their Europe presence, but looks like I'll need to jump ship.

Yes stay away from hostwinds. They will increase the pricing. I will put some review on several boards. So that they can learn, take over some let provider is like to catch a falling knife :D

Keywords :D Hostwinds sucks, Hostwind scam, Hostwind poor network

• @ftn I am sorry that you are unhappy with the acquisition process. We only purchased the raw assets of the company, and not the company itself. You are free to seek a refund from the previous owner if you feel that you are no longer happy with the service you are receiving. I would however ask that you at least attempt to reach out to our team first to see if we can help you reach your goals.

We are dedicated to making this transition as smooth as possible for all client's, and while some may not be happy with the price increases, they are not just greedy attempts to grab additional profit.

The pricing that WeLoveServers was offering previously, was not sustainable for a business. The company was not profitable, nor did there appear to be any long term business plan.

The company was not taking ANY backups of the client's data. These nodes were setup through several third-party providers, with NO server monitoring in place.

The OpenVZ nodes were extremely oversold, and had hundreds of clients placed onto them. Nearly all servers were given 1Gbps transfer speeds on a node, with only a 1Gbps line.

The Raid Arrays were not setup in the most efficient manner and in some instances would not have been able to protect against hard drive failure.

WeLoveServers support was outsourced overseas to 'technicians' lacking any formal qualifications, and the bulk of the technicians lacked any access to resolve many issues.

At Hostwinds, we own all of our Enterprise level servers, we utilize a Hardware Raid10, using only Western Digital RE Drives. We also closely monitor ALL aspects of our servers and network, to proactively correct issues before they occur.

We take nightly backups of all of our nodes on offsite storage, retaining a rolling 10 days of backed up data. All of our nodes have multiple gigabit uplinks ensuring that there is no network congestion, and consistent transfer speeds.

We also NEVER oversell our services; we are constantly adding new VPS nodes to accommodate our growing demand for our services.

What this means, is that you will be placed on an Enterprise level server, with data protection. You can rest easy that your data will be safe, and your service will be solid.

Hostwinds offers 24/7/365 100% US based support, via phone, live chat, or ticketing system. We pride ourselves in customer service, our average ticket response time is under 10 minutes, and Livechat response times under 30 seconds. We strive to offer the best support in the industry.

We are open to working within client's budgets and can possibly change the plan a client is on if the one we matched you to was not the best fit. Please feel free to take a look at our plans and let our staff know which one makes the most sense for you.

https://www.hostwinds.com/budget.php

Please remember that all previous WLS clients will get these plans at a 50% lifetime discount, so you can get a VPS with 1Gb of RAM, for $3.75 a month. We are also open to swapping clients from annual to monthly billing if it makes more sense for them. Just let our staff know how we can help, but we can't help you if we don't know what the problem is. We are not a small company like Weloveservers. We recently were awarded the INC500 award for fastest growing companies in America. We have two fully staffed US offices. We own and operate 100% of all of our own hardware. We are not a reseller, and we are here to stay. I want to make myself as available as possible to all new users, so feel free to email me, or our COO directly.

Peter Holden (CEO)
    Peter (@) hostwinds.com

Michael Brower (COO)
    MichaelB (@) hostwinds.com

I look forward to helping out the users of WLS who have issues with the migration process, or have special needs that we need to be made aware of.

• @ftn said:

I won't be renewing my service I have with Hostwinds (was moved over from Holderhost), but their network is fine.

Wouldn't say they "suck" either; just not the right pricing model for the majority of people that visit 'low end talk'.

Thanked by 1Hostwinds
  • Regardless of how good or not the service/performance will be post-migration, my formerly-WeLoveServers VPS is now entirely useless to me, with it being based in the US. Another refugee looking for a replacement UK VPS purely for VPN :(

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2016

@Omni said:
    Another refugee looking for a replacement UK VPS purely for VPN :(

as always: look for arubacloud offer. or ask @davidgestiondbi

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Glad I didn't renew mine, saved a big hassle for once!

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @Nekki said:

Is it now your stripper name?

Thanked by 3Francisco GCat GM2015
  • His real name is Michael(call him Mike) Unt.

user123 said: Is it now your stripper name?