Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weloveservers now Hostwinds - And the Story Begins!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weloveservers now Hostwinds - And the Story Begins!

Its not so long, weloveservers.net acquired by Hostwinds. 2 days ago I got mail that server is going to be migrated at Hostwind servers, IP change, bla bla bla.

Anyway, it was a $17.50/yr. based server. I love the recurring price Hostwinds set for me:
http://s12.postimg.org/846g3r9st/image.png

Anyone still with them Weloveservers/hostwinds? Wish to renew these service?

In the meantime Im looking for a refugee offer from some decent provider. Your opinion are welcome.

Comments

• Well, can't say I'm shocked

Thanked by 2ftn netomx
  • What specs do you need?

• Any specific location in mind?

• 2 GB Ram, UK Server (As I have plenty of USA servers from all decent vps providers right now), 20 GB Pure SSD, 1TB B/W.

• @ftn said:
    2 GB Ram, UK Server (As I have plenty of USA servers from all decent vps providers right now), 20 GB Pure SSD, 1TB B/W.

OpenVZ or KVM?

• Farewell WLS, that stupid 8-core/4GB RAM plan for $38/year was bizarrely one of the very best I've ever had.

Thanked by 2GM2015 netomx
  • OpenVZ.

• @Nekki said:
    Farewell WLS, that stupid 8-core/4GB RAM plan for $38/year was bizarrely one of the very best I've ever had.

It's amusing how the cheapest is sometimes the best, isn't it?

Thanked by 2Nekki netomx
  • https://i-83.net check out NAT resource bundles also

Thanked by 1i83
  • Hostile Takeover Provider does not Honor the old Pricing. Is not that sense "SUCKS?"

I will take a look into UK offers.Thanks.

• Hey,
    Feel free to check us out, in house customer control panel, free snapshots and more :)

@ftn said:
    2 GB Ram, UK Server (As I have plenty of USA servers from all decent vps providers right now), 20 GB Pure SSD, 1TB B/W.

Thanked by 1ftn
  • VPSensationalVPSensational Member
    edited February 2016

@Jacob said:
    Hey,
    Feel free to check us out, in house customer control panel, free snapshots and more :)

Are you really suggesting that someone replaces their Seattle VPS with one in Bristol, on Zare's single-homed network?

• Are you really suggesting that someone replaces their Seattle VPS with one in Bristol, on Zare's single-homed network?

@VPSensational What you actually meant by that?

Bytheway, the VPS I had with Weloveservers was based on UK location, and the DC was Hostdime. And now Hostwinds going to provide me a USA Seattle VPS with horrible renewal price. My bad, last December just pay for the invoice for renewal :X

Thanked by 1VPSensational
  • You're confusing me with @linuxthefish ..

The network I use is not single homed and has more than one link into the facility..

OP mentioned the preference of a UK VPS.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited February 2016

i hate this, i lost 3 of my vps when linuxthefish got sold to hostus.us
    same story repeats here every now n then.

• VPSensational said: Are you really suggesting that someone replaces their Seattle VPS with one in Bristol, on Zare's single-homed network?

Oh come on it's not like WLS is fucking buyvm premium is it

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Oh come on it's not like WLS is fucking buyvm premium is it

Ease up mate.

• OP said he wanted UK you thick twat.

• This is why I love my dedicated and colo servers <3

Thanked by 2GM2015 Nikki
  • I cancelled both my WLS services back in Nov,
    Sad really, I had them for 2 years and never really any issues.

• My increase was only $4 extra per quarter.

It was a 512MB VPS in the UK on the HostDime network. Got pretty good speeds, as it was a Gbit port.

Now it's in Seattle but with 10TB bandwidth.

Not sure if I'll keep it yet.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

We may be able to offer something in London, UK.

You can submit a ticket to our sales team, http://gdbi.pw/contact

Regards, David

• Unless you order the Dedibox® POWER 8 which is 1500EUR the Fees from paypal dont go over 12 EUR. Im not understanding where they get the 19 EUR Fees from..

• I don't think theyloveservers sell online.net branded boxes.

ChairHosting said: Unless you order the Dedibox® POWER 8 which is 1500EUR the Fees from paypal dont go over 12 EUR. Im not understanding where they get the 19 EUR Fees from..

• @Nekki said:
    OP said he wanted UK you thick twat.

Ease up mate.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • It's really a shame to see another company be taken over like this. They should at least honour the previous pricing.

Thanked by 2ftn linuxthefish
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2016

Had a similar experience a few years back with some summer host when I was rather new to VPS and was looking for the 'cheapest'. I learned my lessons the hard way - WYPIWYG, and if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I have since hosted production VPS only with Hostigation, RamNode, Leaseweb & Iperweb.

• Wax_ said: They should at least honour the previous pricing.

Pricing could had been a loss

• I contacted support about this via live chat, and was told not to trust any of the info in the panel yet. He said that specs and pricing will most likely remain the same.