Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lower End VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lower End VPS

Hello everyone. Anything similar to SeFlow's cheapest FlexCloud? Obviously a trusted company is what I'm looking for which is why I am not going with SeFlow...

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

IWstack? LunaNode?

• edited February 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    IWstack? LunaNode?

Thanks for suggesting IWstack as I forgot about them. LunaNode is a bit out of budget and I prefer to not use OVH for DDoS protection. However, still looking for more suggestions.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@LowEndAddiction said:
    Thanks for suggesting IWstack as I forgot about them. LunaNode is a bit out of budget and I prefer to not use OVH for DDoS protection. However, still looking for more suggestions.

Sure thing, can't recall any other... Check zare.co.uk too.

• @MrGeneral said:
    Sure thing, can't recall any other... Check zare.co.uk too.

I heard Zare's network isn't the best... And for that price range I can go with OVH and get 4x the RAM... I'm looking for something around $15-$20 yearly... Is I-83.net any good? NAT is fine but not preferred of course.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • have you tried photonvps.com ?

• Hi,
    Just courious, have you service with us and got any outages or just your idea that we're not reliable?

Regards

• @matteob said:
    Regards

On your site you said you are colo'd with OVH but we know that's a lie... OVH said on the phone, only weeks ago, that they ONLY colo in Paris, France. Your servers are located in Strasbourg, France and honestly I do not have a problem with people reselling, as you are offering a smaller product for a cheaper price. However, you lie about it which makes me cautious of you, not only that, but you have a LOT of bad reviews and people fed up with you...

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited February 2016

You know that we use onapp platform and we use integrated storage solution. I.S. require at least 3 different network on each server. Please try to do with standard OVH dedicated server that max have 2 network card...

You not need to trust in me, but in the onapp required configuration:

Check that page http://www.domflow.it/network.php , if you can replicate with standard ovh server ok, i will give you all reasons.

If you had strasbourg vm you should see various "Hot Migration" tasks, these are schedule upgrades where we move vm between hypervisor WITHOUT any downtime.

OnAPP also wrote some reviews on us , like http://onapp.com/press-releases/article/seflow-joins-onapp-federation-grow-cloud-service-with-on-demand-capacity You really expect that they risk their image with a little lying company? They know our infrastructure and reserve thats review only on their bigger customers ;)

If you say that a 12 years company where you had services (and using it happily without any outages) is not trusted because someone wrote bad review, i understand your point of view and i will not try to convince you. We reached in november 12000 active servers, some bad review are normal, because remember, where a customer is happy not loose time writing review, others one they feel compelled to write anywhere...

If you need more details, please feel free to contact me on my email matteob [at] seflow [dot] net .

King Regards

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

It's probably because Seflow is the host that accuses customers of DDoS and then comes out with rubbish like claiming they had reported the customer to the police (@tr1cky)

• @hawc said:
    It's probably because Seflow is the host that accuses customers of DDoS and then comes out with rubbish like claiming they had reported the customer to the police (@tr1cky)

Yeah this is one of the reasons. Also dealing with the infamous for being childish matteob isn't fun either... Gotta admit though they do have good pricing, it's a shame that they have gotten bad reviews or otherwise I would've bought a few small boxes.

• @hawc said:

you should integrate with "It's probably because Seflow is the host that accuses customers that buy with false identity and are part of DDoS crew of DDoS and then comes out with rubbish like claiming they had reported the customer to the police

But this is another story that someone else is managing and i will not talk anymore

• @matteob said:
    But this is another story that someone else is managing and i will not talk anymore

But it was true, and once again I will say that co-location is only available in Paris, France with OVH. You were also, on multiple instances, being childish to customers. You have good prices... But at this current state I cannot trust your company.

• @matteob said:

You can't help yourself, can you?

• Yes, if you think that i'm childish i understand you and you're free to not trust with us, but please not say that we lie without probe, is unnecessarily slanderous because you not know the behind scene agreements.

That's all

• @matteob said:

I'm not finished yet... It would also be nice to clear things up on your site instead of having contradicting sentences and explanations and you should really work on your grammar as that is one of the first ways to see if a provider is a 12 year old kid or is an experienced Sysadmin, etc.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited February 2016

ok, thank you for your feedback i will report internally

If you will come in italy, please feel free to contact me, i will happy to give you a tour in our datacenter and we will talk on front a good japanese food if you like it. All your feedback will be well accepted

• @matteob said:

Also, please, I would like to see proof that you are colocated in Strasbourg, France with OVH.

• Still looking for a VPS!

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited February 2016

@matteob said:

Check that page http://www.domflow.it/network.php this is Milan & Strasbourg onapp setup.

Also remember that OnAPP I.S. work with cloudboot image. To boot cloudboot you need to setup pxe agent that is the same agent that ovh use for their servers. You can't enable PXE to override OVH server, they will suspend your account .

in Addition feel free to meet me in our Milan datacenter, i will be happy to show you our rack cams

King Regards

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

matteob said: You know that we use onapp platform and we use integrated storage solution. I.S. require at least 3 different network on each server. Please try to do with standard OVH dedicated server that max have 2 network card...

I believe you can create so many network interfaces as you like and setup tunneling via exiting interfaces.

• edited February 2016

@matteob said:

You keep referring to the OnAPP as if it is proof. Why cant I see pictures? I just want a picture of your servers located in the datacenter or proof of hardware and an agreement with OVH. I will happily purchase your services then.

• @LowEndAddiction said:
    You keep referring to the OnAPP as if it is proof. Why cant I see pictures? I just want a picture of your servers located in the datacenter or proof of hardware and an agreement with OVH. I will happily purchase your services then.

Have you ever been inside a datacenter? I'm not sure what proof you'd be able to get from a photo of some racks in a room. Most datacenters and the majority of racks look exactly the same as one another - how will you know it's a) SeFlow's servers and b) OVH Strasbourg?

• you mean vlan .... this is not suggested with I.S. because is network intesive (it require at least 1 10ge network, 2x10Ge is better). Vlan can create bottleneck and some disk degradation.

Yes sure, please call our receptionist and schedule a meeting with me directly. I will be happy to show our full MIlan & strasbourg enviroment (we require NDA)

Regards

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2016

NDA

Sign here @LowEndAddiction

• They use custom rack, you can't install normal 1u. You need custom build chassis with micro/mini mb. This is why they not accept colo in normal condition.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @Traffic said:

Signed it :)

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @matteob - do you provide 10Gbps or 20Gbps or 30Gbps DDoS protection? I am hearing conflicting information... I would be glad to put this little argument aside and try your services for myself and give an honest review after 30 days. I would also like you to clarify your total network capacity and node information for the Flex Cloud package.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited February 2016

it depend on location. Milan still 1gbps free ddos protection. More protection is an option. Limit for single host is 20Ge in Milan at the moment. We offer bigger one for network protection service. Upgrade to 3Ge peak 7.5 is 40€ and so on.

In SBG free protection is 20ge (we're using ovh protection) and something on top for additional syn protection. You can also customize hardware firewall trought customer portal in both location and is a free service

• @matteob said:

So you have a 110Gbps network capacity (as advertised on your site) and you're offering a total of 21Gbit/s of your network... With the option to upgrade to more... How is this possible?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited February 2016

Milan still 1gbps free ddos protection. More protection is an option. Limit for single host is 20Ge in Milan at the moment. We offer bigger one for network protected service.

Is not my native language and probably i'm not clear. I bold the important part of my words

Regards