Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

low end vps in europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

low end vps in europe

bboranbboran Member
edited January 2013 in Providers

Hello guys. I am looking for a low end vps prodiver in europe. Right now i am using U.S based vps company. I like the service but speed is not satisfying. So i saw iperweb somewhere on this forum;
http://my.iperweb.com/cart/low-end-vps/&step=0

do you suggest this guys? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Yes, they are very good. Can't go wrong there.

• Recommended. :)

• Would recommend them as well.

• yes recommended

• Recommended :D

• bboranbboran Member
    edited January 2013

Thank you guys. I'll go with them.

Edit:Ah also can you guys recommend me a script that installs a minimal low end vps debian , nginx etc.?

Thanks.

• @bboran said: do you suggest this guys? Thanks in advance.

they won q4

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited January 2013

"recommend me a script that installs a minimal low end vps debian , nginx etc.?"

https://github.com/KnightSwarm/Minstall

• Thank you DomainBop. Can i install this on the top of a installed debian server? Cause i need to choose a template when buying the vps from the provider. So debian will come preinstalled i think.

• tsantentsanten Member
    edited January 2013

Tuxlite.com and Minstall both used without any problem

@bboran said: Ah also can you guys recommend me a script that installs a minimal low end vps debian , nginx etc.?

• @bboran said: Thank you DomainBop. Can i install this on the top of a installed debian server? Cause i need to choose a template when buying the vps from the provider. So debian will come preinstalled i think.

You can choose what distribution to install from the control panel.
    Go with 32 bit if you have a vps under 2gb.

• For Minstall the developer wrote some sample commands in the link. But i dont now the order. Order is important? or they are in the correct order right now =) hehe

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited January 2013

"Can i install this on the top of a installed debian server?"

Yes, it has a clean-packages function that will remove any unneeded packages from a preinstalled Debian server

After setting up minstall, use these commands to add a website (they're not listed in the github documentation):

bash minstall.sh manage-add-user
    bash minstall.sh manage-add-host

• Thank you very much DomainBop.

• I'm using Prometeus VZ5 for my blog and configured using Minstall 2.5.7, you can also see the uptime at the bottom of my blog :)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2013

08:33:09 up 204 days, 23:12, 2 users, load average: 0.09, 0.03, 0.01

That is from my VPS with iperweb. It speaks for itself.

• you can also checkout http://www.lowendtalk.com/wiki/ there are many stuff there that will help you get things up & running

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Thank you everyone :)

For the OP: you will get a login to the solusvm control panel, there you can reinstall operating system in a few clicks, so, no worry if you make some mistake, you can always start again clean.

• I have bought my vps from iperweb and now i am ready to install and configure my vps =) I decided to use minstall but because i am a newbie at this scripts the documentation of minstall didnt give me what i want. Is there a guide for it? For example i didnt understand if it installs dropbear and also dont understand the order of the commands to use. Can anyone help me mates? Thanks.

• Try TUXLITE the documentation covers all the aspects and in 2 hours will be up and running.

• LESLES Member
    edited January 2013
  • No Debian for http'://www.centminmod.com

• Okay guys i will go with tuxlite. But before i use the script i need to install the iso from VNC Viewer. I started debian 6 installation but i am stucked at partition part. Can you help me? How to partition my vps for best use? Thanks.

• By the way from what i understand by messaging with the iperweb staff, i have to first install this iso from cdrom i think in order to access to my vps and use the script.

• BitProcessorBitProcessor Member
    edited January 2013

I currently have plans at hostigation & buyvm (their cheapest yearly kvm) and will probably change too - service is more than OK - but RTT ... horrible
    (I'm in Belgium) - so I'll probably do the same as your around april...

Bookmarking this thread :)

• WunderbarWunderbar Member
    edited January 2013

@BitProcessor said: I currently have plans at hostigation & buyvm (their cheapest yearly kvm) and will probably change too - service is more than OK - but RTT ... horrible

(I'm in Belgium) - so I'll probably do the same as your around april...

Ping to my Prometeus/IperWeb VPS is +/- 30ms, DL speed is great too (ISP is Telenet).

• that's not bad at all !

In comparison :
    BuyVM LasVegas : 165-170ms RTT
    Hostigation LA : 180-185ms RTT
    Nodedeploy, UK : 30ms RTT
    VPSSLIM, NL : 25ms RTT

• Okay i have successfully installed my vps using Tuxlite. Everything is working fine right now. Just one question. For example minstall has a feature for clean-packages where tuxlite doesnt. Can i clean my debian installation now from unwanted things. If yes how? Thanks.

• sudo apt-get autoclean