Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ddos protected vps in the EU (NL if possible) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ddos protected vps in the EU (NL if possible)

Comments

• I see, you're right, if it's a Dutch forum there's no use of going to the US and back.

• Its ~100 ping from NL to US? Shouldn't be too bad for a forum if you can't find any NL providers.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@antiven said: Its ~100 ping from NL to US? Shouldn't be too bad for a forum if you can't find any NL providers.

Even with 200-300-400 ms delay it is still ok for a forum, ppl mostly read/write, dont need to shoot moving targets...
    I think hosting in US with a reasonably priced DDoS protection such as BuyVMs will not mean more than 200 ms added, that is completely acceptable for a forum.

• There is a big need for more providers with DDoS protection as a standard built in feature or a slightly more addon. This applies globally. There are very few providers who offer DDoS protection at any price.

Going over to the US and back can be fine. Need to get two end points under 100ms between them always, not just in the middle of the night or when NYC floods.

BuyVM comes to mind. Unsure if they offer the DDoS protection addon in Buffalo, NY, but I think they do.

To confidently maintain lower latency, I'd recommend the UK for hosting the site. Although Netherlands might be fine with right provider and upstream. 334 driving miles between London and Amsterdam. Shouldn't be significant latency increase.

• Blacklotus? They have cheap rates(starting at I think $450).

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited January 2013

@pubcrawler said: BuyVM comes to mind. Unsure if they offer the DDoS protection addon in Buffalo, NY, but I think they do.

They don't at Buffalo, NY due to Colocrossing.

SecureDragon now also offer DDoS protection plans.

• Sorry :( Need to find out when Buffalo is going to get DDoS protection. @Francisco any ETA?

This company is in Switzerland and offers DDoS services, but it isn't lowend pricing either:
    http://dragonara.net/ddos-protection.html

• http://www.dedifrance.com/

They claim to offer DDoS protection. Looks to be in France.

• Also @jhadley offers out of Kent, UK, hist Virt.io advertised DDoS protection. Unsure to what extent DDoS protection is available under his current company and offerings.

• They claim to offer DDoS protection. Looks to be in France."

Ummm, their logo says "Dedifrance.com: OVH/Kimsufi servers" and they have a large banner across the top of their site that says "we are not official resellers for OVH"

The only DDoS protection you'll get from an "unofficial" OVH reseller is OVH banning the reseller if one of their clients gets hit with a few DDoS attacks every week.

• jhjh Member

Thanks @pubcrawler but its only our DNS service that's protected.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited April 2013

I know this is a huge bump but I'm still looking for it.

LEB price isn't important here.

Only difference right now that it isn't anymore for a forum but for re-routing our gameservers to protect our servers.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Okay, a few things.

DDoS mitigation that works isn't cheap - especially in Europe.

Dragonara is a possibility, but there have been problems before in the sense that they refused to upgrade a protection plan because they disagreed with the hosted content (unrelated to TOS, they apparently just didn't like it - yet wouldn't kick them out either). I'd be a bit careful with them due to this.

Most less expensive DDoS-mitigating hosts in Europe are in either Ukraine or Russia for some reason. I recall someone recommending http://www.antiddos.biz/ to me, but I have no personal experience with them.

Additionally, towards everyone: DDoS is not just something you get for illegal things.

• Dragonara have been totally depeered multiple times before for receiving attacks that were too large for them. Would avoid.

• @joepie91 said: I recall someone recommending http://www.antiddos.biz/ to me, but I have no personal experience with them.

The owner was arrested for carding/fraud when he went on vacation

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited April 2013

Well, since this thread got bumped. I know the only cheap DDoS mitigation in Europe is in Switzerland.

See SwissHosters or Incloudibly.

• @Ishaq said: See SwissHosters or Incloudibly.

They seem to be the same, order form / prices identical

• And they are both reselling Solar..

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Patrick said: They seem to be the same, order form / prices identical

I just noticed.

@superpilesos said: And they are both reselling Solar..

Yes.

• I need a vps so solar isn't usefull. I just found out OVH got a firewall. May buy a 2g and test it.

• OVH have rate-limits for udp traffic. They worked well for me, but apparently they are nullrouting people and even terminating them.

• Ukrtelecom.
    Its what Antiddos resells, very good and can take a LOT, upwards 100G+.

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited April 2013

Well, allmost all other options are Buyvm (read: USA)

Edit @William thanks. Will look!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sadly the site is down: http://www.webcosmoforums.com/ but if you look at recomendations for NL servers when it is up they all suggest the same company who do DDOS protection in NL. begins with a K from memory.

I have to say though, if you expect DDOS that regular just stop hosting it and giving people headaches. :)

• Koddos? They are often down and host a lot of dirty sites - carding, hyip, etc.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yep that is them, and oh, OK I did not know that.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: BuyVM comes to mind. Unsure if they offer the DDoS protection addon in Buffalo, NY, but I think they do.

Not yet. There isn't any decent filtering companies I would want to work with over there yet.

CNServers is putting some stuff on the east coast sometime this year but they've been having one hell of a time getting nlayer to co-operate on things.

We're opening in Europe after stallion 2 hits production so I'll be on the lookout to get some affordable filtering available over there. It'd likely be similar to what we do in Awk, where they provide the UDP end of things and we deal with the TCP end.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: We're opening in Europe after stallion 2 hits production

That's the real news here! So when is Stallion 2 planned to hit production?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said: That's the real news here! So when is Stallion 2 planned to hit production?

I'm hoping to have it in public beta for the end of the month.

I was able to roll out quite a bit of the queuerunner last night. What I figured was going to take me the better part of a week to debug I got working in about 4 - 5 hours so I'm quite a bit ahead in that regard.

I've posted pictures of whatever sections I get done on my facebook, as well as linked them last week.

Francisco

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Francisco Any clues on the European location?