Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ddos protected vps in the EU (NL if possible)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ddos protected vps in the EU (NL if possible)

taronyutaronyu Member
edited January 2013 in General

Searching for a ddos protected vps in the EU (Tough I prefer in the Netherlands). The vps will get ddos regurlary (a few every week) but not some 5gigabit+ attacks.

Comments

• Why? Why will it get DDoSed regularly? is it Legal content?

• I don't know of any NL providers... My best guess would be stop pissing people off.

• You could try Dragonara

• Game server? illegal content? hacking IRC?

• Please host it with Ecatel, please please please :)

• @taronyu try linode :)

• ++ Ecatel

• No illegal content, there will be a minecraft forum on it.

• Why would a minecraft forum be hit unless you're banning all the people you don't like?

• @Ishaq said: Why would a minecraft forum be hit unless you're banning all the people you don't like?

Probably because kids get angry and rent botnets?

Why is this forum so hostile now?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

What is your budget?

• @Kairus said: Probably because kids get angry and rent botnets?

Why is this forum so hostile now?

That^ (also it isn't my forum, it is for a friend)

@DewlanceVPS said: What is your budget?

Not really a budget, It is allowed to go over the LEB limit.

• @taronyu The people who are sounding pissy, don't get anything from them. They don't understand the gaming world.

• I think you're better off in the US to be honest, EU ddos mitigation isn't cheap D:

• hostua.com.ua. Write an email with detailed specifics of the attack.

• @n0my said: @taronyu The people who are sounding pissy, don't get anything from them. They don't understand the gaming world.

Yeah I know,

@jaakka said: hostua.com.ua. Write an email with detailed specifics of the attack.

Why? I don't see how a .ua could help me with only the details of a attack ;)

• @taronyu maybe they need to know what you are dealing with before they tell you a price?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@HalfEatenPie said: Why? Why will it get DDoSed regularly? is it Legal content?

@Ishaq said: Game server? illegal content? hacking IRC?

@curtisg said: My best guess would be stop pissing people off.

&&

@rds100 said: maybe they need to know what you are dealing with before they tell you a price?

Naah.... it's as usually just offtopic questioning without some real attempt to help or/and give answer. Wherever someone open some thread where he's looking for something, thread will get bloated with "why do you're need it" and "you're doing most likely something illegal" witch-hunting hostile inquisition. It's f***ing specific question - guy is looking for a ddos protected vps in the EU. Which part is too hard to comprehend here?

People at LET complain about WHT and yet this place is getting worse than WHT.

• @rds100 said: @taronyu maybe they need to know what you are dealing with before they tell you a price?

We/you are dealing with a ddos, it isn't uncommon for game hosting companys. Better said, I don't know any company that don't got ddosed regurlary.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2013

@Spirit said: People at LET complain about WHT and yet this place is getting worse than WHT.

Its just making sure that we/they know what they're getting into. Obviously since certain things provide higher risk than others, you have to manage the risks that comes with taking clients such as this. This is also why some providers request people ask before they start IRC networks on their nodes. Its all Risk Management especially in this market where one server (when down) could bring tons of angry clients to your door. DDoS protection can help mitigate with it, but sometimes its not enough (e.g. if it suddenly spikes up). Its all just risk analysis that's why I asked for the reasoning behind it.

@taronyu: I know hosts in NL and in the EU, but I'm not too sure who has DDoS protection (on a LET budget). I mean there's tons of hosts in OVH and Hetzner but I do recall hearing that OVH will kick you out from DDoS. Good luck on it though.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

@HalfEatenPie of course when you put it that way. But that's different now. It's friendly, before was only "you must be abuser" repeating.
    From my observations it's very hard to ask anything at LEB/LET lately without expecting to be attacked with accusations instead getting friendly answer/help. I would never advise to someone to go to LEB/LET to ask anything because it will most likely end up with accusations and defending from posthunters with need to show own signature or urge to look cool instead getting simple answer on simple question.

• Oh.. well I had the intent of that. Meh sorry I probably should have explained it better in my initial post.

• koddos.com in the Netherlands but pricing is above lowend

• Doesn't matter that the pricing is above the lowend limit. (I have said it before) The only reason I ask it here and not on WHT is because I like this forum more and I know the average iq is higher than on WHT.

I will take a look at koddos :)

• Do you need the DDoS endpoint in NL too?

ie. would a GRE tunnel from BuyVM (Las Vegas) -> NL VPS work for you or do you mind the added latency?

• @George_Fusioned said: Do you need the DDoS endpoint in NL too?

ie. would a GRE tunnel from BuyVM (Las Vegas) -> NL VPS work for you or do you mind the added latency?

That means I have the eu - us latency 2 times right? Isn't it better to just host in the us?

• @Voss

Visitor -> NL
    vs.
    Visitor -> LA (Awknet) -> Las Vegas (BuyVM) -> NL

• @taronyu said: Isn't it better to just host in the us?

Definitely, except if you need a NL VPS because of the content you're hosting.

• It is just a Minecraft forum, but it is a dutch forum so hosting it in the US will be getting slow for everybody and not only a few visitors.