Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEST CDN Service? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BEST CDN Service?

Comments

• @jaden

I think they change the policy sometimes later, I am pretty sure the expiring statement is not there when I top-off with min $25.

Maybe we should share KeyCDN account?

• I believe you're right that they changed the policy, but I can't blame them for wanting to make a profit.

Thanks for the offer, but I only had a little over 2 months of credit anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Plus the zone limit makes it hard to share. You get 5 for free and each additional zone is $1/month.

• I've used Amazon cloudfrount and it is pretty good. At the time they didn't have free SSL but I read the other day they do now. Might be worth checking out

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • CFarence said: I've used Amazon cloudfrount and it is pretty good. At the time they didn't have free SSL but I read the other day they do now. Might be worth checking out

They just released their own SSL 2 days ago, take a look at Amazon Certificate Manager :D (Wildcard is supported, too!)

• @simonindia said:
    of course free one if you want DDOS protection then paid will be a good call

mydomain.com/gfx/
    Cache expiration: 1 year, Cache level: Cache everything

Is this ok?

• Oldky said: mydomain.com/gfx/ Cache expiration: 1 year, Cache level: Cache everything

Is this ok?

just one thing add this in the url *

like this

mydomain.com/gfx/*

• @simonindia said:

Cool, thx buddy!

• @Oldky said:
    Cool, thx buddy!

Always

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited January 2016

@Oldky said:

Be sure to set Edge Cache Expiration in the page rule. That one controls how long CF edge servers will cache your contents before checking your origin server for new versions.

Browser cache expiration, on the other hand, instructs the user's web browser on how often to check CF edge servers for new versions of your contents.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • +1 Maxcdn

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • @Roylepython said:

Did you had experience with them and how long?

• We have used them for 1 year+ and they have beern fantastic

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • Anybody want to buy $25 credit at KeyCDN for $20? Assuming they keep the expiration date, it'll expire in December.

• @Ree said:
    Anybody want to buy $25 credit at KeyCDN for $20? Assuming they keep the expiration date, it'll expire in December.

Are you seriously trying to sell credit?

• doghouch said: Are you seriously trying to sell credit?

Yes. I won't use it before it expires, but maybe someone else will. Not sure what you have against that.

• Just curious how you transfer the credit?

• bookstack said: Just curious how you transfer the credit?

Support said I just need to give them the recipient's username or email address. Didn't ask, but I guess a zone id or zone url might work too if someone didn't want to share username or email.

• cdncalc.com for best rates.

• @EkaatyLinux said:
    I was using Skypark, they have a very good pricing scheme and service (their HQ is located at Russia fyi). Skypark use the onApp network/CDN so you can expect good presence worldwide. I do like Cloudfront and keyCDN too.

EDIT: added link to SkyPark website and info about their network.

Yes, I think SkyparkCDN is fast too. They have many fast node in asia.

• Thank you all!

• One more update on KeyCDN. You don't lose your existing credits if you buy more before they expire. I bought the $29 minimum and the new credits were added on to the ones I already had.

Here's their email:

We hope you enjoy using KeyCDN. Your credits expire in 7 days, which means that your balance will be set to 0 credits. Please conduct a payment to retain your remaining credits. Any payment will extend all your credits for another year.

Why do credits expire?

Credits expiry can be seen as a small minimum turnover to help covering our cost but we don't charge extra for our advanced features or HTTP requests and we offer the lowest content delivery price globally.

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

@pcfreak30 said:
    cdncalc.com for best rates.

They seem rather selective with the CDNs they list.

• @BunnySpeed said:
    They seem rather selective with the CDNs they list.

It seems that bandwidthhog still beats you past 41.5TB. Your costs catch up to them after that. Do you offer secure links though or push zones?

• BunnySpeed said: They seem rather selective with the CDNs they list.

because it not included your website right ? :P

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

@tommy said:
    because it not included your website right ? :P

I had especially KeyCDN in mind, but of course! haha

@pcfreak30 said:
    It seems that bandwidthhog still beats you past 41.5TB. Your costs catch up to them after that. Do you offer secure links though or push zones?

They also have a monthly fee of $249 though. Unfortunately we don't support secure tokens or push zones at the moment but they are quite high priority features for us.

• will try BunnyCDN

• @BunnySpeed said:
    They also have a monthly fee of $249 though. Unfortunately we don't support secure tokens or push zones at the moment but they are quite high priority features for us.

The number I gave, 41.5, includes that business base fee. They get even cheaper after 100 TB.

• edited February 2016

@BunnySpeed said:

I like the pricing, ive been using the OnApp CDN for a while now and would like to try.

Few questions:

Any plans for implementing referer protection to prevent hotlinking?

Also looking for following features:

• Disabling/enabling certain POPs/locations
    • Secure Token
    • LetsEncrypt Support (SSL)
    • Force Cache (Strip cookies/etc so that it is cacheable)

Thanks!

• @BunnySpeed From Poland I was hitting Hong Kong for some reason. It switched me to Germany only after a few minutes. After a while I was getting UK, then Atlanta and then New York. I stopped monitoring after that.

It looks completely random or basic Round Robin. Thats not how CDNs work