Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dacentec Refugee Offer: $20 E5420/$40 L5630 - 1 Month Free, Free IP Announcements - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dacentec Refugee Offer: $20 E5420/$40 L5630 - 1 Month Free, Free IP Announcements

Comments

• @hostnoob said:
    You really throw out harddrives when a customer cancels their server? Seems like a waste

Why not start a budget brand using used hardware with cheaper prices?

We are the budget brand, haha. If they're not up to snuff, they're not resold. I'm not willing to reduce the quality of our service just to match some other offers, especially when our offers are already unbeatable.

• @Legendlink said:
    I like both Delimiter and Dacentec, I have servers with both, and I plan on keeping those servers with both. A few things from personal experience I think people should be aware of. Your mileage may vary. In 2 of the 3 servers I've had with Delimiter over the past 1 1/2 years I received disks that were a year or older and not new or like new. Set up time was typically between 1 - 2 weeks. Tickets can go unanswered for days or weeks, I was told this was due to an "error" if you will in their old billing panel, it's up to you to decide whether you believe that or not.

All of my issues were eventually resolved thanks to the hard working staff at Delimiter and MarkTurner. For a budget provider they are great and I hope my experience from here on is positive. You just have to be patient.

I appreciate the feedback, there have been a lot of changes in the last week - namely new leadership and changes in how we handle provisioning, tickets, etc. I'm definitely not here to defend all of Delimiter's past actions/decisions, but to vastly improve them going forward (the reason I was hired).

Receiving older drives seems odd... Any errors or inconsistencies on those drives beyond age/time online? Was this in the latest machine you ordered a couple weeks back? Let me know and I can take a look for you.

• @mikeyur said:
    We are the budget brand, haha. If they're not up to snuff, they're not resold. I'm not willing to reduce the quality of our service just to match some other offers, especially when our offers are already unbeatable.

True. You need to work on the site though! Just use a stock template. Anything.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @hostnoob said:
    True. You need to work on the site though! Just use a stock template. Anything.

Meetings this week about it. Believe me... no one wants to kill that site more than me :)

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • mikeyur said: no one wants to kill that site more than me :)

+1 for that.

Thanked by 2mike0000 netomx
  • mikeyur said: Receiving older drives seems odd... Any errors or inconsistencies on those drives beyond age/time online? Was this in the latest machine you ordered a couple weeks back? Let me know and I can take a look for you.

No the drives are fine they were just not new. No the one in my recent order was new.

• @mikeyur I subscribed to your flash sale email but I never received a confirmation email and I already checked my spam box

• @Legendlink said:
    No the drives are fine they were just not new. No the one in my recent order was new.

Well I'm glad you got a new one in the latest server. If you (or anyone else) ever has any quality concerns, just shoot me a PM/Email and I'd be happy to look into it ([email protected])

@Ruriko said:
    mikeyur I subscribed to your flash sale email but I never received a confirmation email and I already checked my spam box

MailChimp takes a few to send them out. PM me your email if you want me to check/manually add it.

• @Ruriko said:
    mikeyur I subscribed to your flash sale email but I never received a confirmation email and I already checked my spam box

Mine arrived too after a little delay. Felt silly pressing g+i on gmail for a whole minute.

• What's the delimiter add-on price for a second 120gb SSD?

• @vimalware said:
    What's the delimiter add-on price for a second 120gb SSD?

$20/mo, all upgrade pricing is on the order form - https://cc.delimiter.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=52

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Yeah, why not do a refugee offer for every provider when they have an outage and get loads of customers this way?

I do not believe in this type of business practice, and one of my reasons i will never buy Delimiter.

• @PremiumN said:
    Yeah, why not do a refugee offer for every provider when they have an outage and get loads of customers this way?

Good idea, should take a look at who else is having constant outages. Open to suggestions :)

• @mikeyur said:

My suggestion would be that everytime Delimiter has some kind of outage, all other providers should open refugee offers :)

• @PremiumN said:
    My suggestion would be that everytime Delimiter has some kind of outage, all other providers should open refugee offers :)

It's a free market, they're more than welcome to. QuadIX/VD "threatened" one - promising better specs, price & service. Still waiting for that one to materialize.

• @mikeyur said:

Whatever, personally what this kind of practice does is show to me how unprofessional and desperate delimiter is at getting customers.

Oh wait...i forgot...they have a new worker to pay for.

• @PremiumN said:
    Whatever, personally what this kind of practice does is show to me how unprofessional and desperate delimiter is at getting customers.

We have servers that need filling and there are unhappy, dissatisfied customers who keep having outages, and now loss of power.

Desperate is those customers who have had hours of downtime, over and over again, and a provider who has failed to address these problems.

Would I like to gain a new customer? Absolutely. But I've also been actively trying to help place Dacentec customers with the most suitable host for their needs, even when that's not us.

• 2 x 500gb have raid card?

• @budi1413 said:
    2 x 500gb have raid card?

BL260c doesn't have RAID card, would need to run SW RAID.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Could there be a single socket E56xx offer for <$30?
    (I'm guessing there aren't many single socket boards for them unless it's a damaged socket board or something)

• vimalware said: Could there be a single socket E56xx offer for <$30? (I'm guessing there aren't many single socket boards for them unless it's a damaged socket board or something)

L5630? Would that work?

• do you accept adult site?

• trungt25 said: do you accept adult site?

As long as they comply with US laws, no problem.

• @mikeyur how long this offer will last?
    and any test IP for this offer?

• @soundee said:
    mikeyur how long this offer will last?
    and any test IP for this offer?

No end date set at the moment, I'd say at least 1 week. Still have a lot of questions coming in and helping people get moved over, so I'll give everyone some time to see it.

Will PM you test IP

• I would have got one if it had come with /29.

• @Sady said:
    I would have got one if it had come with /29.

Unfortunately the one thing we can't discount is IPs. If you can get away without the subnet, the cost would only go up $4/mo for 5 usable IPs (/32s).

• do you accept Adult content?

• @trungt25 said:
    do you accept Adult content?

The checklist: Legal in the United States? You own the copyright or are legally allowed/licensed to use it?

If both are Yes, you're good.

• @mikeyur dacentec and good company however you are taking advantage of cituaçao they were only need to take a corrective to meet more customers you soon will be the next target