Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you except from online.net 2016 line? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you except from online.net 2016 line?

2»

Comments

• I'd love to see less bitchy support.

• Already have two servers from their last promos but would love to get more Kidechires, and make a cluster of Kidechires :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Kick the current guys or make them work only for French guys

• emreemre Member, LIR

heachhog said: heachhog

what kind of clustering system you will use?

I am eager to try your solution because I already have 9 kideriches online now.

• Arnaud told yesterday it will take about 2-3 weeks for the new offer to arrive. I need larger SSD in Dedibox XC urgently ;( It's unfair some customers got 240 GB in the same price.

• I am expecting a 19 EURO fee for paypal payments.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited February 2016

Good dog meme in the pit.

Online, keep up the good work.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I'm expecting a fee for any kind of payment.

Thanked by 3Amitz netomx Maniac
  • vedran said: I'm expecting a fee for any kind of payment.

Beware! Next year they might even force us to pay real market prices for the servers...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

A refugee offer

• The Dedibox XC real server cost is $18K / 24 ;)

• I expect they're never going to match the Dedibox Limited 1115. Pure fucking sex, racked.

• Don't trust to online RAID, that will not help you if you lose one disk, they will change both, it's just marketing stuff.

• Maybe they will do the same but with 2x120 GB SSD or 2x 160 GB SSD RAID ;)

• @ZEROF said:
    Don't trust to online RAID, that will not help you if you lose one disk, they will change both, it's just marketing stuff.

Are you serious?

• In my experience they replace the whole server even if only one disk is broken.

• Jesus, this would be completely stupid and renders the whole RAID-1 idea useless...

• @Amitz yep, they will replace whole server.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

ZEROF said: @Amitz yep, they will replace whole server.

Even servers above the kidechire range? I am not questioning you and what you say, but I am a bit speechless... Why servers with RAID cards and 2 drives then? Insane.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited February 2016

@Amitz, I don't know, i got that answer two times. Maybe something change from that period, but I don't think so. If you are lucky, i saw that before as well, they will give you new server, and then they will try to fix old one.

I will translate from their French wiki:

"Il est important de noter que le fait d'utiliser le RAID du serveur n'exclue pas le fait d'effectuer une sauvegarde régulière des données."

It's important to know even if you are using RAID that you need to backup your servers.

• ZEROF said: It's important to know even if you are using RAID that you need to backup your servers.

Well, yes, of course it is, RAID is not a substitute for a backup.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • One of my limited 1115 disk is failed. Raid 1 of course. They replaced the broken HDD and then everything ok.

So... but if the cpu or anything is fail.. well thats sucks. But theese are quality HP servers.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited February 2016

@ZweiTiger That is nice to hear. I have few of those :)

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited February 2016

1540D with optional bigger / third SSD

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited February 2016

@ZEROF said:
    Amitz, I don't know, i got that answer two times. Maybe something change from that period, but I don't think so. If you are lucky, i saw that before as well, they will give you new server, and then they will try to fix old one.

Some dedibox series servers do not have hotplug hard drives... I suppose servers which drives are inside the case compartment need that type of fixing as online.net use real server cases and real racks.... These hard drives are not so easily accessible how it is with budget providers which use wooden pales....

• one of my Kidechires recently failed, but they replaced it within 1h.
    hoping to get more though.

• I'm hoping for a different setup of their IPv6 networking, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Server-wise I can see the occasional mega deal and likely more focus on Scaleway-like projects (hopefully with an x86-based CPU).

Thanked by 1jvnadr