Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you except from online.net 2016 line?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you except from online.net 2016 line?

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited January 2016 in General

Hey,

I am a really happy customer since 01.12.2015. SO. What do you except from online.net 2016 line?

As we know its will arrive in mid february. And as i know there will be something new thing with the dedibox XC. Maybe RAID function? More memory? Who know...

Write it what do you think :)

Thanked by 1GCat

Comments

• I'm hoping for more Kidechires

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I'm hoping for properly English speaking support that cares and doesn't "pass the buck".

• Increased price and worse deals, that's what I expect and they usually deliver.

Thanked by 3NickL Rolter webcraft
  • I want to see the Avoton go lower in price and no setup fees.

• Working DDoS detection might be a start

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Working DDoS detection might be a start

Yep. As well as an explanation for the fake DDoS allegations.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Working DDoS detection might be a start

Stop giving @NickL ideas on providers he should resell in his industry leading DDoS Protection pls

Thanked by 2Rhys FlamesRunner
  • WHTWHT Member

512 GB SSD Mashines for €29 month.

• There will be no RAID in XC. Arnaud told me this on Twitter. They would probably add two more sticks od RAM giving a total of 16 GB RAM. OVH does this in duch price. As for drives the server is limited to 2,5" drives so HDD model would get 1 TB SSHD and the SSD model would get 240GB. The rest will be the same, but SC gen 3 might get some SSD option as well - maybe 120/160GB and 4 GB RAM if possible.

• @Spacedust said:
    There will be no RAID in XC. Arnaud told me this on Twitter. They would probably add two more sticks od RAM giving a total of 16 GB RAM. OVH does this in duch price. As for drives the server is limited to 2,5" drives so HDD model would get 1 TB SSHD and the SSD model would get 240GB. The rest will be the same, but SC gen 3 might get some SSD option as well - maybe 120/160GB and 4 GB RAM if possible.

Sorry to hear no raid option. Do you know anything new about the START range :)?

• Spacedust said: As for drives the server is limited to 2,5" drives so HDD model would get 1 TB SSHD and the SSD model would get 240GB. The rest will be the same, but SC gen 3 might get some SSD option as well - maybe 120/160GB and 4 GB RAM if possible.

That sounds enticing. The Start LTS range needs more SSD options.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

I am happy if online.net accept custom orders

Like upgrade RAM, HDD ,port ,BW etc

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

I want the newest hardware for free and USD 7 on top as pocket money.
    Nothing else will convince me to buy further servers. /jk

• I hope for no setup fees or some good plans for <= 20€.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • The START range would get probably more HDD space, maybe an SSD option like 2x240 GB, more RAM and probably DDR4 in MD model.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2016

@Spacedust said:
    The START range would get probably more HDD space, maybe an SSD option like 2x240 GB, more RAM and probably DDR4 in MD model.

With price increase :D (as always like the MD was 65 now 75)

• They've started putting some nice Samsung SSD drives - PM871 series. Read speed is great (511 MB/s), but writes are slow (130 MB/s).

• kill the setup fees

• Want: Better English support, better offerings and cost-effectiveness.

Reality: Higher prices.

Thanked by 2akz inthecloudblog
  • I expect: complaints about their cancellation policy when people try and ditch their old servers for new ones after the 20th of the month.

• VPS !!!

• They can also drop the price on XC to 9,99 Euro and do not change anything. A small SSD inside SC can block users from putting seedboxes on these machines and abusing the network.

• akzakz Member

better english and revision of that stupid TOS.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Spacedust said: They can also drop the price on XC to 9,99 Euro and do not change anything. A small SSD inside SC can block users from putting seedboxes on these machines and abusing the network.

I don't think they care much about seedboxes on their network, they are the hosting branch of a big ISP, hence having a lot of incoming traffic already... but who knows.

SSD are nice if you have a decent CPU too, it wouldn't make much sense imo on the small low power cpus as CPU will probably be a bottleneck before I/O...

• boerndboernd Member
    edited January 2016

They even have a "seedbox operating system":

So why should they do something to block users from using their servers as seedboxes?

• @ZweiTiger said:
    What do you except

I expect you to fix your spelling mistakes, at least not make the same mistake twice in one thread.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    I expect you to fix your spelling mistakes, at least not make the same mistake twice in one thread.

Sorry , but my main language is not English. But thanks for the right word.

Thanked by 1asf
  • @ZweiTiger said:
    Sorry , but my main language is not English. But thanks for the right word.

Don't take it seriously, just a joke :)

• Spacedust said: writes are slow (130 MB/s)

130MB/s writes are slow???

• If they used Samsung 850 Evo we would see up to 520 MB/s writes...