Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net wants to sue me for 2 hrs of server usage in a month. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net wants to sue me for 2 hrs of server usage in a month.

124»

Comments

• Lee said: But if you are simply looking for an excuse to avoid paying a debt that you owe then don't go looking for excuses and sympathy.

Take a look at it.

Lee said: I look at all the people I have sent to debt collectors and get the money from each year. That is all I need.

Congrats and shame on you for selling your customers details.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2016

TarZZ92 said: Congrats and shame on you for selling your customers details.

All customers sign a contract that says if they don't pay, their personal information is passed to a debt collection agency. I am also registered with the DPA. How am I selling their details?

Anything else?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Lee said: All customers sign a contract that says if they don't pay, their personal information is passed to a debt collection agency. I am also registered with the DPA. How am I selling their details?

and which company do you represent?

once again shame on you for selling customer details.

• LeeLee Veteran

TarZZ92 said: once again shame on you for selling customer details.

Once again, explain to me how I am selling customer details to recover a debt? Share you consumer warrior wisdom with everyone.

• Generating an invoice 3 days after it renews doesn't make any sense unless there was an error on their end and they had to resend it but at the end of the day, the TOS clearly states what you needed to do to avoid renewal and you're liable for it even if the invoice was generated late.

In my opinion it boils down to is the 30 bucks worth it to risk them sending your account to collections with an added collections fee which would make it even more costly with risk of affecting your credit.

• @Lee I'm pretty sure that a collection agency that doesn't take debtors' details, and/or works for free is entirely a figment of your imagination...

• LeeLee Veteran

tehdan said: @Lee I'm pretty sure that a collection agency that doesn't take debtors' details, and/or works for free is entirely a figment of your imagination...

What are you actually on about?

• @Lee

1 - do you give the debt collection agency your customers' details? (Yes/No)
    2 - do you receive money from them? (Yes/No)

• LeeLee Veteran
    1. Yes
    2. The money I receive from them is what they recover from client

I am not selling the debt to a collections agency, the collections agency is going out to recover the debt on my behalf.

• If you wanna be done with all this and prevent further escalations then paying the owed amount would be the option to go with, if you cannot miss the money right now then wait till an collection agency contacts you and call them up to make an payment agreement (example: pay x amounts back over x months) - ofcourse you will end up paying more than the original amount when a collection agency comes into play.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited January 2016

Lee said: Once again, explain to me how I am selling customer details to recover a debt? Share you consumer warrior wisdom with everyone.

you answered it yourself.

Remind me which company you run/part of so i can advise people to avoid you.

• People who refuse to pay or abuse, should not be called customers.

Thanked by 4Lee Clouvider Falzo lbft
  • WebProject said: Don't think so, try to play with 1&1 and you will see result.

Do they really send out collectors? They usually step back when I scream at their phone support, and say I can even cancel right now if I'm unhappy.

• 1and1 is verry idiot with their customers

• edited January 2016

@Frecyboy said:
    Do they really send out collectors? They usually step back when I scream at their phone support, and say I can even cancel right now if I'm unhappy.

Earlier (not sure about now), there was a hidden "auto-renew" box, that you had to uncheck, otherwise 1and1 would renew for years and years even if you don't have a valid payment method, and after 3-4 years, they send collectors after you.

• Step 1) Pay this month's fee.

Step 2) Be done with it. Chalk it up as a learning lesson to read the ToS and cancellation/refund policy going forward.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • cociu said: 1and1 is verry idiot with their customers

the idiots are not them but the customers who sign up with them.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited January 2016

@JoeMerit said:
    we should all REVOLT over this stupid you have to pay for another month if you dont cancel by a certain day bullshit.

I know right? Like it's your responsibility to keep track of, and manage your financial obligations! It's almost like you are supposed to be responsible for yourself!

I love generation Y.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Microlinux said: I know right? Like it's your responsibility to keep track of, and manage your financial obligations! It's almost like you are supposed to be responsible for yourself!

I love generation Y.

Our government made this shit illegal for the phone companies and Cable/Satellite TV companies to do. You used to have to give 30 days notice to cancel so they would squeeze an extra month out of you after you decided you no longer wanted their service.

its not exactly the same in this case, having to cancel by a certain day, but its close.

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • JoeMerit said: You used to have to give 30 days notice to cancel so they would squeeze an extra month out of you after you decided you no longer wanted their service.

about which you knew beforehand (at least you should have)

but yeah, lets protect the dumb which were trying to be customers. their not responsible for anything, so better let us protect them even more! revoke their rights to move and speak freely before they're getting harmed, maybe they just didn't notice that this can be dangerous!