Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net wants to sue me for 2 hrs of server usage in a month. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net wants to sue me for 2 hrs of server usage in a month.

Comments

• read the terms am sure all above covers.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

Well, if you think the ToS is unreasonable why have you signed it at all? You had your choice you could have chosen another provider. No one forced you to. Since you have chosen online with their ToS, please follow it and pay. Simple as that.

Try attempting immediate cancellations with your mobile phone provider thinking it would get you out of contract. Good luck!

• Is your server still active?

• Dear cloudvider:
    "Unless expressly requested by the User" what does it means for you?
    I did it especially from their console. Do they need a special postal letter?
    They DO NOT mention it at all. For me, they broke the contract, as I expressly requested to terminate the account.

If I decide an IMMEDIATE termination what does it mean for them? For others means the next CRON run. For others, means another paid month... :) lol

As the expression isnt explained, i understand exactly what I did: I manually terminated the account and checked and double checked to their questions

If you continue to have only TOS in your mind, speak with a lawyer. Any contract legal binding (electronically signed as a TOS) can be attacked by any party during any event that occur and it could not be unforeseen.

for me, Online.net does't action in bona fidae to bill me for not released invoice. As it says, in the event of termination any pending bill have to be paid. There was none.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

It is stupid, pretty unfair but at the end of the day no one forced you to skim read the tos if at all, they won't discuss it with you, the reason it is so cheap to begin with is that they save money through automation and strict rules, I.e. Not dealing with customers on matters like this.

I feel for you but yeah... Pay it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Look. I won't be wasting my time explaining it to you since you clearly ignore all the comments that you disagree with; you have your vision already.

Good luck and have a lovely Sunday.

Thanked by 2vimalware Maounique
  • @HWAYS said: If we need to be morons, we can go with it.

Please speak for yourself. You're behaving like an hysterical child.

The requirement to cancel a dedicated server by the 20th of the previous month (an advance notice of 10--11 days) is completely reasonable.

Thanked by 3Clouvider rm_ netomx
  • you too, and thank you for the TOS enlightenment.

• LeeLee Veteran

So what's this thread for? You want victim support or just to have a dig at online? Don't think you are getting either.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Son you're making a fool of yourself.

Thanked by 3Clouvider HWAYS netomx
  • Darwin said: Son you're making a fool of yourself.

Thank you.

• They also sent a collection agent to my house they said, I have never seen anyone.

• You fucked up - you pay. 30 Euros for learning the lesson that the world doesn't work like the Disney fantasy in your head is pretty cheap.

Thanked by 2ricardo netomx
  • @HWAYS: The title that you gave to this thread ("Online.net wants to sue me for 2 hrs of server usage in a month.") is very misleading. Online.net wants to collect what you legally owe them. This is not at all the same thing as wanting to sue you.

And, just to say it again, even if one followed your reasoning (which most of us don't, because it ignores online.net's TOS), you should have canceled BEFORE Jan 1. Online.net doesn't charge by the hour, as you know.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • You should pay up.. but also we should all REVOLT over this stupid you have to pay for another month if you dont cancel by a certain day bullshit.

I had to pay for an extra month on a KS-1 because I cancelled a few days late (with over a week left in the month.) Considering that a KS-1 will be instantly bought up by someone the second it becomes available (Plus they will make a 9.99 euro setup fee off the new person) I dont see why they do this...

• good point, they could actually sue you for this thread at this point, @HWAYS.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Maounique
  • JoeMerit said: You should pay up.. but also we should all REVOLT over this stupid you have to pay for another month if you dont cancel by a certain day bullshit.

@TEHDAN: please read the quoted from JoeMerit.

you have in your mind only TOS breaking and you dont see my point over the TOS: the idea JowMerit exposed here as well.
    It is easier to be YES men ...

• @HWAYS: "the idea JowMerit exposed here as well."

Well, if JoeMerit is the only person that you'll listen to, he/she said that you should pay up.

Anyway, have fun with your little rebellion.

Thanked by 2Clouvider netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2016

JoeMerit said: You should pay up.. but also we should all REVOLT over this stupid you have to pay for another month if you dont cancel by a certain day bullshit.

It's simple, just don't use them if you don't like it.

But here is the trick, read the terms first before you sign up.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited January 2016

@Clouvider said:
    Well, if you think the ToS is unreasonable why have you signed it at all? You had your choice you could have chosen another provider. No one forced you to. Since you have chosen online with their ToS, please follow it and pay. Simple as that.

Try attempting immediate cancellations with your mobile phone provider thinking it would get you out of contract. Good luck!

Because he clearly didn't fucking read it before accepting it. I would sue him the best I could just for his attitude.

• I am here for some time but it is for the first time I see so many angry people in the same post. Everybody sues everybody because of point of view I dared to express.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited January 2016

and smth more: hey teachers in the TOS facts, how many did you read **all **TOS agreements of all the hosting companies you subscribed to?

Honestly, not the over here continue bullshit:"You should read the TOS.. We always print the TOS and read it line by line..."
    Usually you expect honest provisions isnt'it ? At least to pay for what you used, isnt it?**

BTW, it is written in their bible: "Unless expressly requested by the User" ... I did it, I epxressly terminated the contract before any other invoice generation.
    What the hack means "Unless expressly requested by the User" ? If it isnt explained this is the beginning of many ...

Cut the crap.

Thanked by 1mpi
  • joodle said: They also sent a collection agent to my house they said, I have never seen anyone.

lol

• HWAYS said: how many did you read **all **TOS agreements of all the hosting companies you subscribed to?

I don't, but I also don't come crying here when I've broken it.

• LeeLee Veteran

HWAYS said: for the first time I see so many angry people in the same post

Maybe that says something to you about your view.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @HWAYS said:
    how many did you read **all **TOS agreements of all the hosting companies you subscribed to?

probably not the most read the TOS, barely skimming as mentioned before. but if they don't read, they have no reason to complain afterwards, that's what it's about.

either read the TOS (and don't act against them) and you might complain if the service is not right, or ignore the TOS, laws and such and don't complain afterwards - easy as that.

imho online.net simply did nothing wrong here...

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2016

@HWAYS You are being stupid here. Just to fill you in, you somehow think online.net is the only one with this type of cancellation policy, unfortunately you are incorrect and the 10-30 day notice for termination of services is common among MOST dedicated server providers. Most providers renew their services on a monthly basis and want to be able to have time to put your server for sale before you are going to terminate it, so that they can then be able to continue to make money from their assets once you have canceled. You agreed to the TOS and if you read it, you would have known this before you planned to cancel your server and would have done so following their direction.

Instead, what it sounds like here is, you found out your allowance is short this month and don't have the $30 then noticed all but too late that you didn't cancel in time and now you expect because you were lazy and inattentive for others to pay for your lack of action, this isn't right. You made the bed your currently in, lay in it (pay them).

Failure to pay them will likely result in some or all of the following:

1. Sell your debt to a creditor (this is legal as you are obligated to the extra term by the agreement you agreed to)

2. Report you to companies used for fraud detection such as Maxmind, Fraudrecord, etc (honestly not sure if online uses Fraudrecord, but wouldn't be surprised to find out they do) showing your failure to pay, which will then be referenced by any provider you ever order from (on Lowendtalk or elsewhere) and will effect whether they will do business with you.

3. You will likely have issues with purchasing services from any company in France once they report you

4. You will never be able to get services with them again, so if you enjoyed your cheap server and later down the line think, 'Gee it would be nice to have a cheap server there again', your more likely to end up with sand in your socks.

My suggestion to you, like others, is to grow up and take responsibilities for your own actions/decisions/contracts like an adult would and pay your bill instead of acting like a child who didn't get his way. Anything else is just childish and immature bullshit that your just hoping some kids on a forum will agree with you about. Good luck with that, those people agreeing with you won't be showing up to court or paying your bill, so instead of listening to them, you should fulfill your legal obligation to pay the bill.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• childish and immature bullshit

Sums it up.

angry

I think some are a bit incredulous at your reaction

Be respectful and pay what you owe.

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx
  • @HWAYS if you disagree with their tos that's fine and reasonable, if you want to get the Internet to revolt with you against their TOC good luck to you. I won't be cancelling my service with them.

None of this changes the fact that your subject line libels online.net.

Thanked by 1angstrom