Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offer revoked - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offer revoked

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

This looks like @IgniteServers. Anyone want to help me back that up?

Points for search: Used LTD in a US corporation name, I'm told it's registered in Texas, and style seems to match.

Looking to crowd source this investigation. Title changed, other information left in place to aid investigation.

Thanked by 2GCat inthecloudblog
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2016

@jarland said:
    This looks like IgniteServers. Anyone want to help me back that up?

Points for search: Used LTD in a US corporation name, I'm told it's registered in Texas, and style seems to match.

Looking to crowd source this investigation. Title changed, other information left in place to aid investigation.

• Paid in Bitcoin (as according to other providers Kalon liked to do)
    • Fundamental misunderstanding of how business works.
    • Have screenshots from skype of spelling "co-lo".
    • On a whim decided to mark up our 20Gbps protection to 50Gbps (similar to how they tried reselling wholesaleinternet and deploy ddos protection with a "custom script")
    • Somehow interpreted a rental contract with an option to "buy-down" servers as meaning "you agreed to have me pay the invoice at my leisure". Can't really think of too many other people who are capable of making that kind of assumption
    Thanked by 2jar GCat
  • jarland said: Looking to crowd source this investigation. Title changed, other information left in place to aid investigation.

Off the bat, really hope it's not the Houston Brandi I'm finding. Currently in jail for murder and due out in 2026.

On the other hand, IgniteServers had fake info out of NC, teenagers running it. This Brandi FB profile would fit, location wise. Going to college in NC. No TX connection though.

Nothing solid to go on otherwise, haven't dug deeper.

The phone on the site is registered out of Massachusetts, FWIW.

Finally, looks like IgniteServers was in some form sold to ChrisG, and the owner was blaming Chris back in Nov 2015.

Also, they both sell out of LA w/ protection. It's likely. All circumstantial at best.

• It's ignitemyface servers.

Thanked by 2Jonchun GCat
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jonchun said: reseller that was supposed to be reselling our services.

Of out curiosity, who is "our"? No company in your sig though I see you have the Provider tag.

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited January 2016

@raindog308 said:
    Of out curiosity, who is "our"? No company in your sig though I see you have the Provider tag.

I'm assuming GoMach5. He posted an offer a few days ago.

Thanked by 2Jonchun GCat
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2016

@raindog308 said:

I have (had? been working on it...) a really bad habit of being an asshole on LET, and a lot of people couldn't differentiate between a personal opinion on a public forum vs a representative/owner of a hosting company. I will add my signature again once I feel my behavior has improved enough.

For your reference, the most recent offer thread is found here:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/73417/gomach5-com-los-angeles-dedicated-servers-free-ddos-protection-servers-starting-at-40-mo#latest

and the company is Go Mach 5, LLC.

• @Jonchun said:

@jarland should compare IPs with @jonchun and look at accounts with same IP or on same subnet, hunt them

• Jonchun said: I feel my behavior has improved enough.

As a bystander, I'd say you're right.

Thanked by 2Jonchun ATHK
  • @GCat said:

Little did @GCat know, @Jonchun was actually @IgniteServers and this entire fiasco was part of the plan to create an antagonist so annoying that people wanted to buy from the provider who publicly rejected them.

p.s. jar will find ips from my home, my workplace, a university, and the business vpn. Oh.. and mobile of course.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited January 2016

@Kris said:
    Finally, looks like IgniteServers was in some form sold to ChrisG, and the owner was blaming ChrisG back in Nov 2015.

Wait.. what?
    Ignite was a customer and thats all. We also were left high and dry, however, you didn't hear anything about me or from the clients on all my servers Ignite had, because I left them up for a few weeks until after Ignite crashed and burned; to purposefully not be mentioned or included in the drama (which is why you didnt hear about/see threads about any downtime related to the Los Angeles VPS's).

Who blamed me for what? Where? How am I being involved or blamed for anything related to this now?

I "sell" out of LA, but I am in no way just another LET reseller and I am also not hiding or lying about anything that is claimed as part of our infrastructure & services.
    I'll take anyone here out to lunch and you can take a stroll through my "couple of servers" in the teeny "1/3 cabinet colo space" powered via my super enterprise Cisco 3524XL with 2x GBIC uplinks and post all the videos and pics you want here on LET.

Thanks for thinking of me though :)

• RizRiz Member

@Jonchun were you paid in BTC? Are you issuing IgniteRefunds?

• @Riz said:
    Jonchun were you paid in BTC? Are you issuing IgniteRefunds?

Yes I was. Refund has been issued.

• ItsChrisG said: Who blamed me for what? Where? How am I being involved or blamed for anything related to this now?

Ok. Related to the company:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/69581/carefull-with-igniteservers/p2

@ItsChrisG said:
    @igniteservers is aware of this thread however is mobile and unable to reply from his phone. He is not ducking and hiding, when he is able, he will address the forum with a post...

This is where he blamed you for not being on Skype ~ Nov 2015 : http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/67967/swiftnode-what-s-going-on#latest

@IgniteServers said:
    Thing is me and Chris talk pretty much hours on the day today is the only day with no response ever.

He's since edited out the post so it's gone.

• @CrusialLG said:
    You can't visit me because I'm in LA but you can visit our CTO who is actually a member here also @DeployDedi . I'm not sure she would be to pleased for anyone to show up at her home though.

See that's strange. Before you realized your mistake and changed your IP, you posted using the same IP as @DeployDedi. If you're going to lie, at least do it properly.

The good thing about vanilla is it shows the IP used to post the comment, rather than the current one. Nice save though!

Also, the "she" card, really?

• Well, damn. Even I'm convinced now.

Yup, I bought IgniteServers, and a month later burned it all down, because well... it was a Saturday and I was bored during Saturday Mass.
    I didn't even bother to email or market to anyone either before or after.

Thanked by 2ATHK MrObvious
  • RizRiz Member
    edited January 2016

@Ishaq said:
    Also, the "she" card, really?

Ballin' outta control with all these ho's and LET's money! How do you think he ended up with a Brandi...

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2016

ItsChrisG said: I'll take anyone here out to lunch and you can take a stroll through my "couple of servers" in the teeny "1/3 cabinet colo space" powered via my super enterprise Cisco 3524XL with 2x GBIC uplinks and post all the videos and pics you want here on LET.

Ninja edit by ChrisG.

I don't give a shit about your equipment in LA, footprint, equipment, etc.

I was mentioning that this person had you assist them in the past, then threw YOU under the bus. Bad on them, not you. I know you love to go into defense mode, not sure why you added the part to boast about your gear, don't care.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • edited January 2016

Provided non proper thanks as I didn't know how this would end…

• Kris said: Off the bat, really hope it's not the Houston Brandi I'm finding. Currently in jail for murder and due out in 2026.

>

What the fuck, it this a real thing?

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2016

Think ChrisG thought I mentioned he was with them. Apparently they rented equipment from him and ditched it.

hostnoob said: What the fuck, it this a real thing?

Yes. 'Merica.

I'm guessing it's the other Brandi from NC, where IgniteServers was supposedly from before. Makes sense to put a girlfriend (or wife's) name on there. Would not be the first time.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @Kris

I read it as you were being hostile against @ItsChrisG, well that's how it came across anyway..

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • KrisKris Member
    edited January 2016

ATHK said: I read it as you were being hostile against @ItsChrisG, well that's how it came across anyway..

jarland said scope things out. I did having no background of November / what IgniteServers is, and came up with 2 threads.

What I said to spark ChrisG going off about his colo-space (nfc how that came up) :

Finally, looks like IgniteServers was in some form sold to ChrisG, and the owner was blaming Chris back in Nov 2015.

I linked the thread, it turned out they ditched him with clients, and I mentioned they were blaming Chris (for not answering Skype) in November. ChrisG helped them respond to a thread then they ended up blaming him for not answering Skype.

It's been taken the wrong way, but they screwed him is what I was trying to say.

EDIT: Sorry if it sounded like I implied ChrisG was a part of their operation. I was more going on their character of being shysters saying Chris wasn't answering on Skype in one thread, after he helped them on LET when they were missing.

• Kris said: Yes. 'Merica.

>

Kinda makes sense actually now I think about it. Wonder what kinda people reply though.

@Riz said:

I love that show

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Oh, That hurts much seeing Offers Revoked before starting Business :P :P

• rpollestadrpollestad Member
    edited January 2016

Why was this guy able to offer the same Dual L5420 for $30/mo when your offer has it for $40? Seems like no one is making money in that regard.

BTW, if you wanted to match the Dual L5420 in LA for $30, I'd buy it right now.

Edit: still weird that the order link got left in the OP.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @rpollestad said:

They were selling servers for lower than what I provided them at. No idea what the plan was.

Unfortunately I cannot match the $30 server deal. I believe some people did pick up something at or very close to that price during our New Years promotion though. I'll be willing to accept a transfer if they are willing. Off the top of my head, @jarland picked one up at $30 I believe? I would say to ask @hawc but not too sure if he's willing to part with his server ;)

Thanked by 3IThinkUFailed hawc Kris
  • @ItsChrisG said:
    Well, damn. Even I'm convinced now.

Yup, I bought IgniteServers, and a month later burned it all down, because well... it was a Saturday and I was bored during Saturday Mass.
    I didn't even bother to email or market to anyone either before or after.

To be honest... Saturdays can be pretty boring sometimes.