Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why dediserve terminate my resource so early ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why dediserve terminate my resource so early ?

2»

Comments

• The same thing happened to me several months back. I like dediserve's service in general but clearly there's still room for improvement.

• @doghouch said:
    It must be a good chair.... I bet that it's even gold encrusted:)

Giff me a sofa - I want free trial @ChairHosting

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    Giff me a sofa - I want free trial ChairHosting

@ChairHosting gg

• @doghouch said:
    ChairHosting probably blew up from these crappy jokes :S

Free advertising. He should be thankful.

• @doghouch said:
    ChairHosting probably blew up from these crappy jokes :S

@CHAIRHOSTING PLZ GIFF ME A SOFA WHICH WIFI SIGNALS CAN PASS THRU

MY SOFA BLOCKS WIFI SIGNAL

ME PAY FOR 200MBPS
    GET 1MBPS BECAUSE SHITTY SOFA

• I think the best practice is to contact the customer before terminating the VPS if the customer selected immediate termination just to be sure that everything is backed up and ready to proceed. That way there won't be any further mistakes like this.

• angrysnarlangrysnarl Member
    edited January 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I think the best practice is to contact the customer before terminating the VPS if the customer selected immediate termination just to be sure that everything is backed up and ready to proceed. That way there won't be any further mistakes like this.

As a customer, I'm not sure I'd want that. The same way I wouldn't want my service immediately terminated if I chose the "end of billing period" option.

Edit: Most hosts send an email notification regarding immediate cancellations anyway. And in most cases "immediate" means "in 24 hours."

• @angrysnarl said:

I don't know, I find that a good thing, especially on cancellations. Sometimes it can be a mistake and the customer doesn't notice the mistake, and a simple email will save lots of trouble. Not sure about hostbill, but the email WHMCS send regarding cancellations doesn't mention whether it will be terminated immediately or until the end of the cycle, or maybe I just can't read.

Whenever a host is connecting with a customer, I take it as a positive way (as long as it's not spam on upcoming promos or other newsletters), but this can be personal preference I guess.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

I once lost a good amount of work because a host's solusvm/whmcs terminated my server a day before I expected that I wasn't going to renew anyway and I was putting off backups to the last day to my dismay. I learned my lesson there.

It had a renewal date of 24th or 25th and I was expecting the service to be terminated/suspended on the renewal date for not paying. But it was gone a day before that.

TheOnlyDK said: I don't know, I find that a good thing, especially on cancellations. Sometimes it can be a mistake and the customer doesn't notice the mistake, and a simple email will save lots of trouble. Not sure about hostbill, but the email WHMCS send regarding cancellations doesn't mention whether it will be terminated immediately or until the end of the cycle, or maybe I just can't read.

Whenever a host is connecting with a customer, I take it as a positive way (as long as it's not spam on upcoming promos or other newsletters), but this can be personal preference I guess.

• @GM2015 said:
    I once lost a good amount of work because a host's solusvm/whmcs terminated my server a day before I expected that I wasn't going to renew anyway and I was putting off backups to the last day to my dismay. I learned my lesson there.

It had a renewal date of 24th or 25th and I was expecting the service to be terminated/suspended on the renewal date for not paying. But it was gone a day before that.

That's what I meant, if the host contact the customer for confirmation before pressing the button, then all of this would not happen.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

I guess he was auto-terminated by the system, that's what I was referring to boss.

edit: I guess I was also auto-terminated at the time.

TheOnlyDK said: That's what I meant, if the host contact the customer for confirmation before pressing the button, then all of this would not happen.

• @dediserve said:
    Thanks for all the comments guys, am investigating this issue at the moment, and anyone impacted, do please contact me for service restoration or refund.

Some black magic is occurring, already deleted data can be restored...Amazing.

Thanked by 1Four20
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Mistakes can happen, but the response you got is pathetic. Not even a simple sorry.

Crossing Dediserve off my list...

• @dediserve what's the resolution on this? If there is one?

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • @dediserve I'd been considering to spin up a vm with you but a bummer like this ( added you make use/d cc, downsized the port speed and did not migrate to kvm afaik) makes me give you a thumbs down

• @inthecloudblog said:
    dediserve I'd been considering to spin up a vm with you but a bummer like this ( added you make use/d cc, downsized the port speed and did not migrate to kvm afaik) makes me give you a thumbs down

This Dallas cloud is non CC network (as are our 11 other global locations).
    The port speed on the LET offer has always been 100Mbps (normal resource pools are 250Mbps)
    The platform is all KVM

Re the OP issue, we have been in contact, and while we can't undelete servers that have been already removed, we can restore the service itself.

We're looking to hardwire the termination system to only auto remove at cycle end from now on.

• @dediserve said:
    Re the OP issue, we have been in contact, and while we can't undelete servers that have been already removed, we can restore the service itself.

Any form of compensation for OP's loss of data due to mistakes on your part?

We all know you can't undelete servers, but restoring the server is a given since the service is paid till the end of the billing cycle.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • I had a server terminated early at HostUS... sent in support ticket, got response + an extra free month in a few hrs ..

• no apologies?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • I didn't even know there was an option to choose between immediate termination and next billing cycle. I guess it was my fault that I didn't check properly, but it's a real bummer to have them cancel the server. Not only that but they didn't even build the VM yet. So I paid $40 for nothing so far. I guess I can ask them to reinstate the service but I'd rather a freaking refund as I don't need the thing now.

Also I opened a ticket and this Kevin Johnson fellow is being annoyingly terse..

• @littleenglish said:
    Also I opened a ticket and this Kevin Johnson fellow is being annoyingly terse..

He seems to be unpopular in this thread..