Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why dediserve terminate my resource so early ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why dediserve terminate my resource so early ?

I decided to terminated one of my dediserve resource yesterday. And I selected terminate at next billing period and my next billing period is 20/01/2016. However, my resource was terminate immediately yesterday. I tried to ask support for reasons why it is terminated and restore my server, but they said it cannot be restored and didn't answer me why it is terminated so early.

Is this normal? "Next billing period" means that they should terminate my resource on 20/01/2016, am I correct?

Comments

• Probably just human error.

Either complain about it and your few days back, ask for a pro-rata refund or just take it as a loss and move on..

• It's definitely an error. It's what you can expect from a lower tier support member. Hell, honestly I'd say that's even grounds to push for a full refund. What if you weren't done migrating yet? That simple "mistake" could have cost you a lot of data.

Thanked by 2MikePT elgs
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@dediserve time for compensation I guess...

• Could it be a Hostbill bug? @dediserve

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Somebody from Support clicked on Immediate termination ?? @dediserve

• First post on LET and is a complaint. Post some screenshots of proofs before we can trust you on what you said.

• Yes, I am new in LET.

Didn't mean to blame them. I just want to know why, but they ignored my question.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

mission4v said: I just want to know why, but they ignored my question.

I think it's fairly clear that they are refusing to answer your question. You spoke clearly, I do not believe there is a possibility of misunderstanding your question.

• sinsin Member

The support guy looks like he's on autopilot

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @sin said:
    The support guy looks like he's on autopilot

Autopilot damage control.

• It is always better to backup every thing important before sending a cancellation notice to any provider even it is set to end of billing period. Since you already made the mind to cancel it, I hope you already did this.

I am sure that this was done by mistake as I know Mr. Kevin is a very supportive person

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @praveen said:

Always backup everything if it's important

Corrected

• @praveen said:
    It is always better to backup every thing important before sending a cancellation notice to any provider even it is set to end of billing period. Since you already made the mind to cancel it, I hope you already did this.

I am sure that this was done by mistake as I know Mr. Kevin is a very supportive person

That's common knowledge. However, I don't see how telling him after Dediserve screwed up fixes anything?

• @jonchun what I am trying to say is if @Mission4v already have the backup then what is the need to restore the snapshot?

is the intention of this thread only to spoil reputation of a the provider?

If I was in this situation , I will never waste my time to post this matter here for a VPS which Is already intended to be cancelled after 1 more week.

• ServerServer Member
    edited January 2016

@praveen said:

That's a serious mistake then. Do you happen to know 'Mr Kevin' personally to back the claim that he is a 'very supportive' person? It is clear that he is avoiding OP question over ticket.

@praveen said:
    If I was in this situation , I will never waste my time to post this matter here for a VPS which Is already intended to be cancelled after 1 more week.

Will you say the same thing if your data is lost due to a mistake made by your provider?

• The options are; $500 compensation or a free chair from @ChairHosting .

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited January 2016

@server I will never make a cancel request without making a backup.

I have nothing to do with dediserve or kevin.. it is just my view . Always I have supported good providers here.

• @praveen said:
    server I will never make a cancel request without making a backup.

That's your personal preference.

Contractually, OP has paid and should be offered service till the end of the billing cycle.

@praveen said:
    I have nothing to do with dediserve or kevin.. it is just my view . Always I have supported good providers here.

How do you support good providers? Do you have a service with Dediserve?

Also, supporting good providers is different from 'I know Mr. Kevin is a very supportive person'. You don't support providers this way.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • Why you need request termination, you know it's prepaid billing system. Ignoring invoice will get you terminated the contract by default.

If I need to ask termination i prefer immediate actions. If you want they honor your remaining services, just don't pay for it and wait expired, they won't sue you :p

• Yes I have services with them since last 2 years..

Mate, I said my view that is all.. mistake can happen with any one.. leave me please..

• mission4v said: I decided to terminated one of my dediserve resource yesterday. And I selected terminate at next billing period and my next billing period is 20/01/2016. However, my resource was terminate immediately yesterday.

Had a similar thing happen to me with dediserve resource pool (London and Singapore) terminated 9 days earlier. They said it appeared my resources weren't in use at the time so they terminated it earlier. I had just deleted all my servers in my resource pool with intention of doing some final tests within the remaining 9 days. So contacted support and they reactivated my resource pool for remaining 9 days so no problems. Their support has been most accommodating for me and probably one of the best experiences I had had with technical support (when things go wrong or need fixing/explaining) so I still have some pools with dediserve particularly LA and Sydney. Guess it's something you're not aware of at first. I now know to not cancel with empty resource pools at least.

Dediserve should put this policy into their TOS or make a note on termination/cancellation pages so folks know about it @dediserve

I didn't have any backups in those resource pools as my site runs on a cluster of VPSes from various web hosts so data is replicated and deployed across them all when I create a new VPSes. But I can imagine for original poster it would of been a problem if he had backup data attached to those resource pools.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • This looks like a bug that can cause a great deal of bad PR.

I'll keep this possibility in mind the next time I cancel services with non-WHMCS billing panels.

That said, I'm never letting go of my bargain discount dediserve pools.

Great place to quickly on-board a new managed client ; turn on auto-snapshots and drink beer.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Thanks for all the comments guys, am investigating this issue at the moment, and anyone impacted, do please contact me for service restoration or refund.

• @dediserve: Just for your information - Same happened with my services after "cancellation at the end of the billing period" when I was with you. Not looking for a refund or anything, just to confirm that there might be a bug in your system.

• had something like this happen to me lately with another provider, but maybe in my case it was more my fault then theirs.

I just clicked for cancellation request, then choose end of billing period and submit, after that the form complained about not giving a reason for cancellation.
    so I typed something in and submitted again.
    now it got cancelled immediatly, probably the form had resetted to this as default option on the warning before... (and I'd been the one not to verify)

all I want to say, maybe such behavior is a bad coincidence, which can easily be overlooked by the customer and it's probably a hard task to prove or reconstruct, what exactly happened.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

-self moderated on reflection snip-

Mistakes happen, human error is human, it is how you respond to it that matters.

I suspect the @OP put in an immediate termination/cancellation request in error instead of a end of billing period cancellation request that is all he needed to be told by support, done.

• Falzo said: I just clicked for cancellation request, then choose end of billing period and submit, after that the form complained about not giving a reason for cancellation.

so I typed something in and submitted again.
    now it got cancelled immediatly, probably the form had resetted to this as default option

Yes, this is the standard whmcs behaviour. It also bite me once. I now always check the settings before hitting the confirm button.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @UnitUnidentified said:
    The options are; $500 compensation or a free chair from ChairHosting .

It must be a good chair.... I bet that it's even gold encrusted:)

• lets backup before using any kind of cancellation function.. and how about we just backup all the time?

• I think a simple apology will make things easier and more supportive.

Thanked by 2angrysnarl ucxo