Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone is copying my website - Advice please - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone is copying my website - Advice please

Comments

• Thank you. I have reported them to Google already. What i get is that they are downloading my content and images and uploading to their own server. But they are even copying my theme outlook. I do not see some of the plugins working on their site. It appears to be an advanced tool (whatever it is). For example, they have stripped my facebook box, adsense ads and social sharing plugin links on their copied site.

@Ovidiu said:
    Look, what I said, is to screw with them a little. If you need to ask how, its probably too much effort for you so simply go the way of complain to their host or report to Google: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-notice

• @usmaan said:
    Thank you. I have reported them to Google already. What i get is that they are downloading my content and images and uploading to their own server. But they are even copying my theme outlook. I do not see some of the plugins working on their site. It appears to be an advanced tool (whatever it is). For example, they have stripped my facebook box, adsense ads and social sharing plugin links on their copied site.

Could be that they are using a reverse proxy.

Have you examined the server logs to see if there are any particular IPs that keep on accessing the site?

• usmaan said: What i get is that they are downloading my content and images and uploading to their own server. But they are even copying my theme outlook. I do not see some of the plugins working on their site.

They probably made a custom plugin that grabs the css / js code, and whenever you make a post they'll steal it word for word. When you make a new post, how long does it take for it to show up on their website?

• How do we know that you arent copying the Chinese

Thanked by 1switsys
  • my idea was good..

xD

• Pay me $150 an it wont be online

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Pay me $150 an it wont be online

THIS!

• gitresetgitreset Member
    edited January 2016

Can't really prevent someone copying your content online,
    even if you put your content behind cloudflare and have scrapeshield enabled,
    there is a bypass for that.

Your DMCA takedown will have no effect without proper legal help.

Stealing image from your host by hotlinking is different. Just set your web server to disable hotlinking..
    Again, even so, they can just rip the image from your site and repost it on ... imgur?

• nitro85nitro85 Member
    edited January 2016

https://www.google.com/search?q=http://truequickweightloss.com+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=crazefor.com

I saw it's google cache from yesterday and it was redirecting to a MP3Skull proxy site lol

Don't bother with this shit domain, it wont get too far in search ranking

The guy that does this seems to be testing something
    Block his server IP

• @raindog308 said:
    Fixing hotlinking is easy and fun:

And/or you can have your server check the referrer, or otherwise have the access to an image controlled by access to the page it is on (login, IP, timestamp, etc.).

1. copy goatse to your old image names

Generally not a good idea to force an offensive picture, just in case someone finds you through the Wayback Machine or Google's cache. Here's the list of simply annoying images I substitute when I want to limit hotlinking.

• sending a dmca is the best idea if it's a custom website. IF you used a template it's pretty hard to justify. But reporting it to the authorities is the best option you've got. But to be honest, it's really hard to get any action taken

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

impossiblystupid said: Generally not a good idea to force an offensive picture, just in case someone finds you through the Wayback Machine or Google's cache.

Fair enough. Maybe instead change links to point to a nice 1GB .png...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

Maybe instead change links to point to a nice 1GB .png

No need to burn your bandwidth when the smaller images I link to can accomplish so much. ;-)

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited January 2016

I wonder if you could get their site to pull some php script with a shell, then access that URL on their site and use the shell to delete everything? Or even better upload a robots.txt blocking Google from indexing it so they don't get suspicious...

Add another stylesheet that is the php shell, and set your server to display it as text and not process it as PHP. Hopefully their script downloads the .php file as text onto their server, which will then run it as PHP!

EDIT: Just add this:

<link rel="stylesheet" id="stylesheet-css" href="http://linuxthefish.net/fish-style.php" type="text/css" media="all">

• @usmaan

Add these lines to your nginx.conf

add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;
    add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
    add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";

and restart nginx

Thanked by 1netomx
  • RBHRBH Member
    edited January 2016

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Pay me $150 an it wont be online

Be careful with your words young one. Not the best

• edited January 2016

@RBH said:

Let me apply the </ joke> tag. Be careful with your sarcasm detector young one. Not the best

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • RBHRBH Member
    edited January 2016

< joke>

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Let me apply the </ joke> tag. Be careful with your sarcasm detector young one. Not the best

< /joke>

Done it for you

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Just /etc/init.d/nginx or apache or httpd stop. Fixes all the problems!

Thanked by 1switsys
  • I'd buy a javascript file that redirects all/part of their visitors or somehow overwrite their spammy affiliate links with your spammy affiliate links.

• Your weight loss tips don't even work, if they did @ChairHosting will be @ExcercisingHosting . You're on the same boat, both frauds, just ignore it and move on.

• you deserve it with that pop up ad

usmaan said: I have a website http://truequickweightloss.com and i have come to know that someone has put an exact copy of my website at http://www.crazefor.com . I am amazed that how they are doing this and bewildered too.

• @usmaan said:
    This is the address from where they are doing.. Can someone please translate what it reads in chinese. Looks like chinese to me. http://64.237.60.115:8805/

It's an admin panel login page.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@lifehome said:
    It's an admin panel login page.

It says "Criminal web panel login", am I right?

• @Traffic You may say it to Constant Hosting, or Choopa since the network is under Choopa.

• Many thanks. I have done that. Lets see if my next post gets pulled like before. And I am also adding a plugin to delay my RSS feed.
    Again thanks.

@rincewind said:
    usmaan

Add these lines to your nginx.conf

add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;
    add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
    add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";

and restart nginx

• If you know their IP add

deny 1.2.3.4;

to nginx.conf.

• Thank you. Done this as well.

@Traffic said:
    If you know their IP add

deny 1.2.3.4;

to nginx.conf.

• usmaanusmaan Member
    edited January 2016

Actually this works like a charm. I see Forbidden nginx message on all pages on their site except home page now. Thank you. You are a life saver friend.

@Traffic said:
    If you know their IP add

deny 1.2.3.4;

to nginx.conf.

• @usmaan said:
    Actually this works like a charm. I see Forbidden nginx message on their site now. Thank you. You are a life saver friend.

You're welcome. I am happy to have helped you.

If they ever return you just need to get their new IP.

Thanked by 1netomx