Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some insane (OVH/DDoS protected/RAID10) $7 7GB/mo, $15 yearly unlimited bandwidth or 3GB RAM offers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some insane (OVH/DDoS protected/RAID10) $7 7GB/mo, $15 yearly unlimited bandwidth or 3GB RAM offers!

Comments

• @TheOnlyDK Cananda IS 51st state of the U.S..

• @tenpera said:
    TheOnlyDK Cananda IS 51st state of the U.S..

Then why am I still using the crappy dollar? Now I need dollarhost.com, where I can pay 1 CAD and get 1 (or more) USD.

Anyone?

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited January 2016

are this reliable company?

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited January 2016

@add_iT said:
    are this reliable company?

If you want something for production use you might want to look elsewhere or at a more established host not using OVH.

http://lowendbox.com/tag/hostus-us/

• What am I allowed to host on the 3GB plan? Can I host a game server or something? Given this is OVZ, maybe some CPU throttling might be able to fix the heavy CPU usage?

Hard to think of a way to waste use all 3GB of ram and not trigger some sort of anti-abuse system.

• colingptcolingpt Member
    edited January 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:

Hard to think of a way to waste use all 3GB of ram and not trigger some sort of anti-abuse system.

Once you reach 512m or some point, yours is going to reboot, serveral times later, it won't boot, then you will find you have been kicked off...

Joke but you may take it seriously. I did't use hoatwithlinux after a bit research, and hear too much sad stories there after. People says give a second chance, be aware that there maybe a 3rd ahead :-)

Btw, even just 512mb can be used, 15 bucks is still cheap, problem really is whether the 512m is usable at all.

• It's funny that linuxthefish is active on LET but not replying to this thread. Seems like he doesn't care about this that much, so I think I'll skip. $15 can buy me lots of BK burgers.

Thanked by 1colingpt
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    It's funny that linuxthefish is active on LET but not replying to this thread. Seems like he doesn't care about this that much, so I think I'll skip. $15 can buy me lots of BK burgers.

What do you want me to say? You can run almost anything that works on OpenVZ and doesn't cause issues for other users on the node, same as the next $15 a year VPS with unsustainable specs.

You might want to look at some of the excellent established hosts that provide reliable and fast pre-sales support, I'm sure there are hundreds :)

• @linuxthefish said:

These offers are located at OVH Canada, on a 256gb DDR3 with single E5-1620s and 6x 7200rpm SAS drives in RAID10 with 1Gbps guaranteed bandwidth ("Premium Bandwidth OVH/Internet")

What exact server at OVH is this? I did not any with 256 GB of Ram and 6x SAS drives when I was checking yesterday for something unrelated.

• @Weblogics said:
    What exact server at OVH is this? I did not any with 256 GB of Ram and 6x SAS drives when I was checking yesterday for something unrelated.

Closest you can get is FS-MAX at https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/storage if you need the extra drives and hw raid, and any extra drives are just extra in the setup cost not extra monthly.

• renesamaralrenesamaral Member
    edited January 2016

Hi! I paid and my VPS has been blocked! ce279 soluscp! How can i do a refund ?

• I just signed up! Hopefully it works good. Speed test is the fastest I've ever seen from them to me :)

-Jamie M.

• Looking pretty good so far! A little disappointed at the upload speed but for the price I can't really complain!

-Jamie M.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @toysareforboys said:
    Looking pretty good so far! A little disappointed at the upload speed but for the price I can't really complain!

-Jamie M.

Blame speedtest-cli for being crap, their upload test sucks! If you have another VPS in the USA run an iperf server on it (iperf -s), then try testing your upload speed from your VPS with us (iperf -c othervpsip).

The above shows speedtest.net to an FDC Chicago server (92mbps up), then an upload test to the same network using iperf (796 mbps up). Using SCP shows around 600Mbps up to FDC Chicago also.

• @linuxthefish said:
    The above shows speedtest.net to an FDC Chicago server (92mbps up), then an upload test to the same network using iperf (796 mbps up). Using SCP shows around 600Mbps up to FDC Chicago also.

Sweet, thanks for the info!

-Jamie M.

• edited January 2016

Super impressed with the service, thanks! How much would it cost to add more hard drive space to it? I would like to add 100gb extra every month starting April 1st and the last 100gb added on Nov 1st. Let me know please and thanks :)

-Jamie M.

• Do you have any payment gateway than PayPal?

• edited January 2016

VPS just went down. Reboot in the control panel didn't fix anything.

EDIT: I clicked on "boot" in the vm control panel and it started back up. Super strange!

-Jamie M.

• They replied to my ticket: "...your VPS was shut down by our anti abuse system for excessive outbound traffic..." yikes.

-Jamie M.

• I have ordered and run for 10 days, my vps was downed only once in a few minutes. Cool

• @lainn said:
    I have ordered and run for 10 days, my vps was downed only once in a few minutes. Cool

Sounds like a node reboot, we suck!

• lainnlainn Member
    edited January 2016

no problem, it worked fine after that

• @toysareforboys said:
    They replied to my ticket: "...your VPS was shut down by our anti abuse system for excessive outbound traffic..." yikes.

-Jamie M.

From what you reply here. It is a interesting story... who said a second chance? ;p

• @linuxthefish Any news about getting more drive space? Getting close to crunch time :(

-Jamie M.

• @linuxthefish i want know the reason for my server was suspended...

• @bxio333 said:
    linuxthefish i want know the reason for my server was suspended...

Let me know your IP in a ticket or via LET PM and I'll take a look, cheers.

• I sent you message linuxthefish :)

-Jamie M.

• I sends you more messages :)

-Jamie M.