Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's the line? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where's the line?

13»

Comments

• @RobertJFClarke What's the difference between your UNLIMITED and BUSINESS plan, apart that UNLIMITED is Unmetered and BUSINESS is Unlimited (lol).
    I do agree with the general consensus here that offering Unlimited hosting is not really fair.
    Mind if I signup and use it as my storageVPS?

@Patrick said: On topic: People who claim CVPS going bankrupt, lol.

Why is that funny? Every company can go bankrupt, or does

@CVPS_Chris said: For all the haters out there that are jealous: No we are not going bankrupt, I just simply can do whatever I want to do.

Second, it was a typo. It was $39/6 months not a year. So those lucky people that got to order one for the year for a few hours, your lucky. Since then it has been changed to 6 month period.

Thanks for letting know Chris. But please don't turn into the old Chris. I liked your new attitude, although I can understand you are a bit annoyed by this thread.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2013

@Freek said: Why is that funny? Every company can go bankrupt, or does

Yes but as far as I know they (NWNX) own several companies and as already stated from someone else above they have would capacity to cover any loss.

• @CVPS_Chris said: For all the haters out there that are jealous: No we are not going bankrupt, I just simply can do whatever I want to do.

Honestly from the sounds of it it sounded like you needed the cash fast, however next time proof-read the email before mass mailing it.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@curtisg said: however next time proof-read the email before mass mailing it.

yes my fault, I sent the details to a tech to send out and didnt realize I put a year instead of 6 months. Was late at night and wanted to go to bed. Anyway, I think this discussion is closed.

• @Zen @Patrick Thanks for the clarification!

@CVPS_Chris said: yes my fault, I sent the details to a tech to send out and didnt realize I put a year instead of 6 months. Was late at night and wanted to go to bed. Anyway, I think this discussion is closed.

I agree.

• @zen
    My views are not the opinion(s) of ramnode :).

• @gsrdgrdghd said: "to a point" ruins the concept of unlimitedness :D

+1

• I was thinking of opening a thread for this since I got the email yesterday, but just posted on Cest pit.

2.5GB is cool. Could mount to RAM all my Wordpress WEB files.

• Question: What if just for kicks, clients talk with each other and decide to use all allocated memory at the same time.

• @jcaleb said: Question: What if just for kicks, clients talk with each other and decide to use all allocated memory at the same time.

I'd say its probably more difficult than you probably think, but basically the server would just start to get slower.

• At that point he would probably move clients around to fix the issue. If a client wants to use all allocated ram I believe it's in their right to do so.

• It would be fun right?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Question: What if just for kicks, clients talk with each other and decide to use all allocated memory at the same time.

If they purposely worked together to try to screw me over and nothing else, I'd be after their names and shorten my client list ;)

Now...legitimate usage is another thing. That's when you provision a new node and start doing some migrations. No one likes to migrate, but if you're not overselling OpenVZ you're not a quality LEB provider, so it's always technically a risk.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2013

@jarland said: If they purposely worked together to try to screw me over and nothing else, I'd be after their names and shorten my client list ;)

It's something Aldryic mentioned before. That if there comes a chance that their customers decided to use all memory allocated to them, their loading could take it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2013

That if there comes a chance that customers decided to use all memory allocated to them, their load could take it.

I suppose that there would be ways to prevent swapping from completely destroying node performance. I'd still pull out the torches and pitchforks for anyone who purposely tried to crash the system ;)

• @jcaleb said: Question: What if just for kicks, clients talk with each other and decide to use all allocated memory at the same time.

It overloads and crashes. Your VPS would be inaccessible. It would lock up. I've seen it at certain hosts as a client before.

• The prices are totally unreasonable and irresponsible. There are such things as anti dumping laws, but I dont think it's applied domestically.

• maybe they have a swap partition that's a 48 drive raid 0 made of SSD's.

• @RobertJFClarke said: @biplab But what happens when the node is completely oversold, and the VM is basically unusable, and the Paypal dispute window has passed?

It entirely depends on the host.

• @raindog308 said: Where's the signup link?

There's no signup link. It's available - only for me. :P

However you can create your own.