Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Expansion with 12 new DC's - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Expansion with 12 new DC's

13»

Comments

• Portland, maybe the cooler climate and lower energy costs like Lenoire?

Hydroelectric, like BHS, makes sense: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/water/39294

• @Pwner said:
    Quoted the wrong part haha, I'd assume it would be much cheaper in places like Portland in comparison to San Francisco. I'm sure OVH will most likely end up building it in either Oregon, Washington, or Nevada. California isn't exactly a "business-friendly" state anymore.

Probably out in the Dallas

• Barrow, AK. Ecofriendly cooling + oil-powered generators.

• @Eobble said:
    Probably out in the Dallas

Would be nice to have it somewhere in the middle like Dallas or Kansas, but then OVH wouldn't need to build two giant facilities for each coast. :(

• EobbleEobble Member
    edited January 2016

@Pwner said:
    Would be nice to have it somewhere in the middle like Dallas or Kansas, but then OVH wouldn't need to build two giant facilities for each coast. :(
    @Pwner said:
    @Pwner said:

whoops, it was auto correct, I meant the portland facility will be probably be in hillsboro or dalles

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited January 2016

This is going to be pretty awesome.

I expect the far east OVH to still be unlimited traffic but probably 100mbps instead of 500mbps. Also about the European DCs, one should be in either Germany or Nederland.

The other one, who knows? Maybe Slask competition is coming :D

• edited January 2016

Slask are those polish guys ? Lol
    Edit:
    Oles pmed me and told me he will colocate somewhere in wilkes barre pa lol

• It will be cool if they eventually provide Kimsufi at those locations.

• @Vita said:
    It will be cool if they eventually provide Kimsufi at those locations.

It would be cool if they could provide that price in Asia and Australia.. Compared to the current pricing it'll be amazeballs bro.

• VitaVita Member
    edited January 2016

@ATHK said:
    It would be cool if they could provide that price in Asia and Australia.. Compared to the current pricing it'll be amazeballs bro.

I guess they will try to keep the price at the same level. I know that bandwidth costs are different at other locations, but I think OVH can keep the low price even if that hurts them a little bit, because they can get revenue from other locations that are cheap. Of course that is my opinion.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • I think its great news, it will definitely blow the cobwebs out of the US market.

Thanked by 2ATHK Gulf
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Wow...

Thanked by 1Gulf
  • @inthecloudblog said:
    Slask are those polish guys ? Lol

Yup

• Finally, servers in the US. I'll definitely be picking up something from OVH when the time comes.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@doughmanes said:
    OVH isn't perfect but their attractive IP address pricing is what swayed me when I was paying $50/mo for a /24 and other providers were slowly increasing as high as $100-175/mo making the one time $3 setup fee look like nothing over a long term.

Yes, because OVH has never renegged on their IP pricing and made retroactive changes and stiffed their users. Nooo, never.

Francisco

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

How many times they've done that? You mentioned it once this year. edit: I mean you told the story once.

Francisco said: Yes, because OVH has never renegged on their IP pricing and made retroactive changes and stiffed their users. Nooo, never.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • elgselgs Member
    edited January 2016

@Frecyboy said:
    Also there are many customers that don't want to deal with a foreign hosting company.

I think OVH support is great. They are very patient and helpful when you call them.

• @elgs said:
    I think OVH support is great. They are very patient and helpful when you call them.

Yeah and I also love their control panel features. Looking forward to their Singapore DC opening!

• That's the secret to OVH - you gotta call them.

When I bought their SyS server I had to wait a week for verification, then the process got stuck and the tickets were useless. Then called their Irish number and everything got fixed within a day.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

ManofServer said: When I bought their SyS server I had to wait a week for verification, then the process got stuck and the tickets were useless. Then called their Irish number and everything got fixed within a day.

CA support has been decent, but can't say the same about Ireland support -- can't understand that Irish accent :/

• Yeah. Rapid expansion, run out of IPs, change IP pricing, shit bricks when sales drop, change IP pricing & run out of IPs

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@GM2015 said:
    How many times they've done that? You mentioned it once this year. edit: I mean you told the story once.

3 times?

It went something like:

• Additional IP's weren't allowed at all (at least in the boxes i had)
    • Additional IP's were a one off cost
    • Additional IP's became 1EUR/month/ea+ retroactive (even people that paid the one off)
    • Additional IP's are once again a one off fee

Francisco

Thanked by 1GM2015