Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blackballed by Whole Sale Internet? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blackballed by Whole Sale Internet?

13»

Comments

• agoldenberg said: He issued me an LOA. I asked him to cancel it. Never even used the LOA or announced the space.

Just by the fact the LOA was drawn up, you're entitled to no refund.

Perhaps if you had a quick change of mind before an LOA was issued, you'd have some standing. Work was done on their end to create an LOA for you to announce the space, ergo product delivered.

You strong armed them into a refund with the threat of a chargeback ($20+ fee) and that FraudRecord should stand.

• agoldenberg said: @Nekki I had no contract with CloudShards. As for being entitled to a refund, I made a request and while I did lean on him a bit , he did it as an act of good will.

I don't understand, was it some sort of under the table deal?

agoldenberg said: I made a request and while I did lean on him a bit , he did it as an act of good will.

So Harry's not psychic, but you are? Otherwise, I don't see how you can make a threat that effectively backs him into a corner and still know he did it as an act of good will.

Just admit you were a bit of an arse too and we can all get on with our lives.

Thanked by 2GM2015 Junkless
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: What's the actual difference in terms of impact on FR? I'm not a provider, so maybe I'm misunderstanding it's use.

If what agoldenberg says is true then it implies that CloudShards made a mistake or lied in the FraudRecord report. None of the comments in this thread are going to have any real effect, so I'm not sure what you mean by "impact". Just because WSI would have still rejected the customer doesn't mean that we should consider a false report acceptable.

Thanked by 1agoldenberg
    edited January 2016

Nekki said: Just admit you were a bit of an arse too and we can all get on with our lives.

Well can't argue with that one :)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2016

agoldenberg said: I did lean on him a bit

I am guessing you do that a lot. When I see your name, hosting OCD comes to mind. OCD as in Order, Cancel, Dispute. Someone came up with that on a hosting owners chat I am in to refer to some customers names that everyone seems to know.

You just come across as someone who orders a lot of services and cancels them. Leaning on providers with stories such as the one you used in that screenshot and enforcing it with the the threat of charge back.

I remember you posting at one point that even HVH told you not to order from them again, must have been a reason for that even if they have let you order since.

It's that whole thing of small pieces that seemed less interesting before starting to come together to create a picture.

Not saying the providers are right or wrong, FraudRecord is a flawed piece of shit at best that you take with a pinch of salt because it's so easy to use incorrectly.

My 2c

Thanked by 3GM2015 Kris MarkTurner
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Nekki I am not psychic but I did read the ticket.

https://cloud.goldenberg.me/index.php/s/R9Bvt05gT0x5DlE

The part where he says as a good gesture he's refunding me.... Perhaps you don't speak English natively?

@Lee I will say there are a lot of servers I ordered and canceled within a month but never have I had to lean on anyone for a refund. I generally ask politely and if they say no then fine no problem. They gave me a server, I canceled it my own fault.

In the case of an LOA if he paid a lawyer to write it up then I could understand. Literally all the LOA he gave me was a letterhead with You can announce these IPS.

• agoldenberg said: In the case of an LOA if he paid a lawyer to write it up then I could understand. Literally all the LOA he gave me was a letterhead with You can announce these IPS.

I know what an LOA is, and I don't care if it was written with crayon.

IPs were provisioned to you an LOA was prepared for you (yes probably Harry, doesn't matter) and possibly RADB work (behind the scenes things you don't know about)

So again, if the LOA was delivered to you as you said, at that second you are not entitled to a refund. You might have some standing before such. But not when a set of IPs was provisioned and ready for you to announce at any provider you'd like.

tl;dr : I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Thanked by 2JahAGR Clouvider
  • I'm starting to think arguing with people online is a waste of time.

• GM2015 said: arguing with people online is a waste of time.

It is a full contact sport, don't be crazy

Thanked by 3GM2015 Kris netomx

GM2015 said: I'm starting to think arguing with people online is a waste of time.

Fuck off, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. For one, it's a free alternative to Anger Room. Also, it's clearly not a waste of time.

• I'm sorry, I don't speak English as a first language. Is there any euphemism used in the USA for the phrase "waste of time"?

perennate said: Also, it's clearly not a waste of time.

• agoldenberg said: I am not psychic but I did read the ticket.

Which means...what exactly? I don't see how that proves he wasn't just acting that way as a result of your actions and hardly proves it was genuinely good will. I'm actually dumbfounded.

agoldenberg said: The part where he says as a good gesture he's refunding me.... Perhaps you don't speak English natively?

Yes, me no speaky the English well.

:-/

Thanked by 2GM2015 perennate

@Nekki you're just being negative and prefer to err on the side of pessimism. That's your prerogative. If you think he did what he did out of duress then I feel bad for him that $20 can create that much stress to force his hand.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD

@jarland you can close this thread. It's getting pretty pointless and I've resolved my issues with WSI. They don't want my business and I don't care to argue any further with anyone.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
This discussion has been closed.