Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blackballed by Whole Sale Internet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blackballed by Whole Sale Internet?

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

So I've never had service with WSI and a couple of days ago I tried to order a server from them. Their system said orders could not be processed on my account.

I opened a support ticket asking for clarification as to why and the reply I received from them was "You will need to find a different provider" - Jon.

When I pressed further and asked what I did to cause an issue, I received this response:
"Find another provider Andrew" - Jon

I have no idea what I did to piss them off, but apparently my money is no good there.

Is there anyone from WSI that is active here that can tell me what the problem is?

Thanked by 1netomx

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@agoldenberg said:

Where are you from?

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • Every made fraud from your IP.

Ever screwed a host over before.
    Because there are lists with this information .

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Traffic I'm from Canada. @cmsjr123 Never once have I skipped out on a bill or had service cancelled for fraud, abuse, etc.

Thanked by 2netomx Rolter
  • Ever used DataShack? Disposable email maybe?

@Traffic I've used datashack, but same thing never had an issue.

• Ask a provider to check your FR or MaxMind reports

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@agoldenberg you might be on fraudrecord for some reason, I am because someone signed up using my name and company and phone number etc then got abusive with a few hosts just to get me listed on FR, I got them removed, with all the database dumps from now CC companies dont be shocked to find yourself unfairly listed.

Not sure if you have service with me but if you do PM me something I can identify you with and I will check for you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @agoldenberg said:
    So I've never had service with WSI and a couple of days ago I tried to order a server from them. Their system said orders could not be processed on my account.

I opened a support ticket asking for clarification as to why and the reply I received from them was "You will need to find a different provider" - Jon.

When I pressed further and asked what I did to cause an issue, I received this response:
    "Find another provider Andrew" - Jon

I have no idea what I did to piss them off, but apparently my money is no good there.

Is there anyone from WSI that is active here that can tell me what the problem is?

PM me your info and I will lookup anything that you may have on fraudrecord and see if I can get it removed if any exists.

Yeah I looked myself up.

QueryFoundry reported me for requesting a refund after telling them I no longer required their services. When they declined I charged back. They reported me for fraud.

SoftSys Hosting reported me as well, but I've never had service with them that I can recall.

edited January 2016

Wait a minute! Query Foundry ( @CloudShards ) said I used their services maliciously.... WTF? It was leasing a subnet and before I even used it, I canceled it. lol!

Thanked by 2doughmanes netomx
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited January 2016

redacted

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

agoldenberg said: QueryFoundry reported me for requesting a refund after telling them I no longer required their services. When they declined I charged back.

Well that's usually enough to mark you as a big no to be honest, please don't take this personal its not really a dig at you or anything.

I understand and agree that in some cases a charge back is the only thing you can do and you should do it if you were robbed or treat very unfairly or did not get what you paid for or anything even close to it, however as a host you have to play the averages.

QF obviously did not feel you were right to do so, I don't know the refund policy there so I wont get in to it but the fact you have 2 records for the same thing, your just not worth the risk, charge backs kill us as hosts.

Yeah not entirely their fault, but Softsys I know for a fact I've never had service with.

I also looked through my paypal history and see nothing of a dispute with QF either. They refunded me on the date they're saying i disputed... Dunno but yeah I can see now why they're saying no sir.

I've requested to be delisted but not sure what they'll say.

Any provider I've dealt with has been paid in full. QF I requested a refund for a subnet I was going to lease, but instead had one bundled with a server I purchased from @QPS.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@agoldenberg said:
    Yeah not entirely their fault, but Softsys I know for a fact I've never had service with.

I also looked through my paypal history and see nothing of a dispute with QF either. They refunded me on the date they're saying i disputed... Dunno but yeah I can see now why they're saying no sir.

I've requested to be delisted but not sure what they'll say.

Any provider I've dealt with has been paid in full. QF I requested a refund for a subnet I was going to lease, but instead had one bundled with a server I purchased from QPS.

If they willing refunded you at that time, they should not have reported you. Something is fisshy here.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    If they willing refunded you at that time, they should not have reported you. Something is fisshy here.

Exactly the same thoughts. I personally don't believe that providers will report you for no reason, as for your refunds, I bet you pushed that to do using magic word: chargeback

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

WebProject said: Exactly the same thoughts. I personally don't believe that providers will report you for no reason, as for your refunds, I bet you pushed that to do using magic word: chargeback

And I bet you report clients to FraudRecord if they open a ticket requesting refund.

Thanked by 1GM2015

Yeah I always go to the provider to request a refund first before even talking chargeback.

If they're unreasonable then I chargeback.

• @agoldenberg they've found out about your secret hate for ColoCrossing, and WSI is truly run by @sysadmin

• agoldenberg said: If they're unreasonable then I chargeback.

Unreasonable or following their ToS?

• GCat said: @agoldenberg they've found out about your secret hate for ColoCrossing, and WSI is truly run by @sysadmin

ColoCrossing is silent partner on a LOT of companies, but I doubt WSI is one of them.

• @Rallias said:
    ColoCrossing is silent partner on a LOT of companies, but I doubt WSI is one of them.

Who knows? Maybe we should start a rumor and launch a low end investigation?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

miTgiB said: Unreasonable or following their ToS?

ToS is only unreasonable when you don't read it and order anyway.

(not a comment about this particular thread)

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • GCat said: Who knows? Maybe we should start a rumor and launch a low end investigation?

Rumors are pointless, why not wait for the inevitable "buyout"?

By unreasonable I mean fighting me on a refund for services that haven't even been provisioned.

edited January 2016

Nick_A said: ToS is only unreasonable when you don't read it and order anyway.

What if the terms of service says something like "we will terminate your account without refund if you open more than one support ticket per month?". I think putting the onus on the customer to carefully read every word in the terms of service by always accepting the providers terms is very dangerous: it encourages shady businesses to intentionally complicate their terms of service so that it's unreadable, and add in terms that trap customers. Chargeback and payment disputes give customers much needed power against these kinds of unreasonable business practices.

AnthonySmith said: charge backs kill us as hosts.

AFAIK most chargebacks are due to stolen credit cards, is that not true?

Thanked by 2risharde Dylan
    edited January 2016

Rallias said: Rumors are pointless, why not wait for the inevitable "buyout"?

cuz the popcorn will spoil if we don't eat it...

Edit: let's assume we already put butter over it and all, for whatever reason

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited January 2016

perennate said: AFAIK most chargebacks are due to stolen credit cards, is that not true?

That may be true, which is why we providers are as gun-shy as we are when we see even a hint of chargebacks on a FraudRecord report. The cost of a chargeback is typically $35, it is just not worth the risk when providing a sub-$10 account. Even refunding PayPal we eat the $0.35 transaction charge now, which is why I provide a rebate for Bitcoin since clients cannot dispute that payment.

perennate said: Edit: let's assume we already put butter over it and all, for whatever reason

Can I interest you in a redneck slip-n-slide? A shower curtain and Wesson oil!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @miTgiB said:
    Can I interest you in a redneck slip-n-slide? A shower curtain and Wesson oil!

Not gun oil? Coat yourself in Ballistol and go!

• perennate said: AFAIK most chargebacks are due to stolen credit cards, is that not true?

No there are many cases of bonefide transactions by a card holder who orders a quarterly service and then disputes the transaction 4-5 months later; after jumping to another company.

You also see this coming up to Christmas, suddenly there is marked increased in chargebacks which suddenly get cancelled as 'erroneous' after Christmas. People run short of cash, dispute a few charges to get their credit card limit back and go spending.

We have tracked at least half a dozen of such people jumping from one of our brands to another, doing the same tactic, then disappearing for 3 months (assuming another company's brand) and then returning again on a third brand. These fraudulent actions take place by genuine European and US customers - the card holder is the user.

Its best to pull the client data from the usual sources like FraudRecord, look at who has posted the report and if you believe the source of the report to be credible then just reject the order.

There are plenty of fantastic customers out there who just want to enjoy your services and understand that its a two way transaction - they get the server, you get your money; there is no good reason to roll on your back for the dubious ones.

• perennate said: What if the terms of service says something like "we will terminate your account without refund if you open more than one support ticket per month?".

Then if you don't like that provision, you're not obligated to buy, same as always.

I think putting the onus on the customer to carefully read every word in the terms of service by always accepting the providers terms is very dangerous: it encourages shady businesses to intentionally complicate their terms of service so that it's unreadable, and add in terms that trap customers.

Never seen an example of this. Sure it might take 1/2hr to read a ToS fully (I usually take just a few minutes to skim it looking for anything terribly onerous). But I've never seen a ToS that I thought was deliberately unreadable.

Chargeback and payment disputes give customers much needed power against these kinds of unreasonable business practices.

I do not agree that allowing customers to reneg contracts just because they're presumptively too lazy to read them is a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.