Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDark selling out - backup your data
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDark selling out - backup your data

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited December 2015 in General

Hey guys,

I was going through offers for LEB and took a moment to look up Host Dark. I had seen the name around, just wanted to make sure they were legit. Seems like they're selling:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1538522

Just a heads up to anyone here using their service, you might want a backup of your data for safety. Statements like this don't speak well for the long term viability of your service:

I need this sold before the 5th of January as I cannot continue with the time constraints I will have at that time.

Stay safe my friends :)

Thanked by 3rokok vpsGOD GM2015

Comments

• Wow, i bought their $5/y vps on blackfriday -_-

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

@RockBeltHOST said:
    fanta8897
    ?

He said to me that he was only pretending to sell it so that he could get an appraisal on the company, but I'm not falling for it. You don't scare your clients like that because you're curious how much someone would pay. You also don't justify it with a public statement that you're not able to handle running the company anymore.

Stinks of not able to pay the bills to me. We've all seen this story play out one too many times, but rarely do we get warning ahead of time so at least there's that.

• @jarland said:
    Stinks of not able to pay the bills to me. We've all seen this story play out one too many times, but rarely do we get warning ahead of time so at least there's that.

no idea about that. Just tagged him and lets hear an official statement i guess

• I also bought the 5usd per yr plan bit wont be surprise if he can't sustain it

• Company name justified...

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Selling company does not mean that it's going straight to deadpool. Have faith!

• You can never see light with HostDark (tm).

@time4vps said:
    Selling company does not mean that it's going straight to deadpool. Have faith!

It does not, however when your host is publicly declaring inability to continue running the service, you should back up your data to your time4vps storage VPS ;)

Thanked by 2Rhys deadbeef
  • @jarland said:
    He said to me that he was only pretending to sell it so that he could get an appraisal on the company, but I'm not falling for it. You don't scare your clients like that because you're curious how much someone would pay. You also don't justify it with a public statement that you're not able to handle running the company anymore.

It's just a prank bro.

• @jarland said:
    It does not, however when your host is publicly declaring inability to continue running the service, you should back up your data to your time4vps storage VPS ;)

That's one way of handling it good job @Jarland

• We'll need someone brave like Duke to buy and fix this company.. no ordinary mortal would do it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1starservices
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

$7

• @Radi said:
    $7

Back down. I already bid $7 in IRC before this was posted.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

$7.01

• @Radi said:
    $7.01

Damn it... Too high for me. $7 was my max!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Living up to the name by possibly going dark after a good Black Friday pump attempt

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • Just received mail

Happy New Year Sad Panda (None)!,
    With new years come new beginnings.
    At Host Dark we have strived to provide our clients with top quality services for the past five years.
    We love all of you and have enjoyed every second; I would like to thank you for your business over this time period. 
    I am writing to inform you that your account will be now handled by Webby Enterprises LLC as part of them acquiring Host Dark LLC, they are great with clients and hosting, and we have no doubt they will continue our mission to provide the best services to clientele. We thank you for everything, if you have any questions, please let us know.
    Kind Regards,
    Austin Sasko 
    Host Dark Founder
    and the rest of Host Dark Staff
    Thanked by 2Jonchun Nyr
  • @jarland said: He said to me that he was only pretending to sell it so that he could get an appraisal on the company

Well, it seems they convinced him...

• "We love all of you" people are hypocrites.

• So any reviews of Webby?

• @thharris said:
    So any reviews of Webby?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1036280

Webby Enterprises LLC

Brands Acquired since 2012: Webby Tech, AxisHost, WebOnce, Reflex Networks, Mini Nimbus

In the business since 1997!

• They are going to love $5/yr customers.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

@JoeMerit said:
    They are going to love $5/yr customers.

Considering their last offer in WHT featured their cheapest VPS at $35 and the "basic" VPS on their site is $23...

Good luck to those involved.

• Look https://www.webbytech.net/cart.php

They only have email hosting, mxroute competitor heh

• Too soon ?

edited January 2016

@sdglhm said:
    Too soon ?

Either too soon or too late. Rarely do we get this kind of warning of a potential deadpool before nodes go down. That may or may not happen here, but who knows what would have happened before that acquisition since Austin clearly stated he couldn't continue running it. When a host says that in public, that's the best time to start backing up your data.

Thanked by 2tommy lazyt
This discussion has been closed.