Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus Amsterdam location - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus Amsterdam location

13»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

tenpera said: @Maounique ETA in Romania Node?

A month at least

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited January 2016

@vimalware said: Does buying 2 cores mean that every VM I spin up (assuming I have enough purchased 'sockets' and ipv4) will get 2 cores EACH?

@Maounique said:
    No, this is a pool of resources, you can have 2 cores on a machine or 2 machines with once core each.

So, just to sum up the replies so far, If i wanted to spin up a maximum of 4xsingle-core VMs, I would have to choose at MINIMUM : 4xSockets, 4xIPv4 AND 4xCores from their respective dropdowns in the order form(along with desired total of RAM, disk and Transfer, of course).

Just to be clear, I am referring to https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=150

Can other purchasers confirm this picture for me? @Amitz? @entrailz @TheLinuxBug

It would help drive informed consumer purchases, towards a solid provider.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said:
    It would help drive informed consumer purchases, towards a solid provider.

I went for 1 socket 8x cores, so I can't comment. Another note is that although these are KVM, they do not have any Windows templates and so far haven't really got anywhere with support to getting a custom ISO added for it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • This kind of storage is overkill if only used for rsync, but too good for Linux isos

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

@vimalware said:

That's exactly how I understood the concept.

Thanked by 1vimalware

Just wanted to update,

Even though they state its a KVM storage pool, they will not assist in anyway with getting Windows installed and as far as I can tell there is no way to custom load an ISO. Instead of assisting me by uploading an ISO, they keep trying to push IWStack instead of letting me use what I paid for.

I understand this is just a storage pool, but being KVM based I shouldn't be limited to just a Linux operating system, as some of my storage needs are done through programs that only work on Windows (not ideal, I know).

• When ordering there is no mentioning of Windows, only Linux.
    Mayne not what you wanted, but what you wanted was not mentioned.
    They do with iwstack, maybe you can ask them to give your money back and do use iwstack.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

I am sure they are willing to transfer your payment to iwstack credits. Talk to them, they are friendly people. It's not their fault that you automatically assumed the availability of Windows on KVM and that special product line.

Thanked by 1vimalware

This is why I assumed so:

http://i.imgur.com/ZjsoNhM.png

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

That's indeed misleading and badly presented...

Thanked by 1vimalware

I'm sure they are great guys, I have requested a refund, if they cannot do that then perhaps they can move my credits over.

Its a shame as I'm sure it takes them 5 minutes to put an ISO up for quick use.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Just two words of clarification. We don't mention Windows when clients purchase so there are is no way to think / hope to get a windows machine when purchasing :-)

http://i.imgur.com/7u3s9qI.png

The hardware layer of proxmox is like this and the whmcs module just pass it straight to the users:

http://i.imgur.com/fIvxhUr.png

I think @entrailz saw Windows listed and changed his mind. Nothing wrong, this may happen :-)

As stated by @prometeus

No hard feelings against the guys, was just a bit of a mistake on my end, assuming things that weren't stated.

They have since refunded me and 0 problems.

Great support in that regard.