Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the Crazy Delimiter Deals? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is the Crazy Delimiter Deals?

Comments

• MarkTurner said: We've got 81 units in stock. Lets get a show of hands and see if we can do it.

In all honesty - if I needed a US location I'd take you up on this immediately but I needed lower latency to EU so I transferred to OVH.

• IThinkUFailed said: In all honesty - if I needed a US location I'd take you up on this immediately but I needed lower latency to EU so I transferred to OVH.

OVH is a good choice for Europe.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Ill take it. Do it at $29 and you will have a fleet of Online.net customers who want to leave the morons. They like banding about with their DDoS allegations.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @MarkTurner said:
    OVH is a good choice for Europe.

If I had seen the e3-1225v3 from you guys earlier I probably would of considered it aswell...

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @MarkTurner said:
    To get things started:

HP BL260c, Dual E5420, 16GB RAM, 1TB disk - paid monthly normally $30/month use coupon J323SBQDPYZPFCYH to get it for $20/month

Coupon expires at midnight (PST)

https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

if only it was in europe...

• Makkesk8 said: if only it was in europe...

Unfortunately electricity costs are too high to make that work. Newer systems are less power hungry so easier to discount.

• @MarkTurner said:

So a Europe location is finally coming?

• Any dedis with 2 drives / reasonable cost for 2nd drive?

• tehdan said: Any dedis with 2 drives / reasonable cost for 2nd drive?

You can take the standard 1TB disk in the E5420 and request it is delivered as 2 x 500GB

Thanked by 2sin tehdan
  • Makkesk8 said: So a Europe location is finally coming?

Lets wait and see, some politics still need to be worked out.

• @markturner nice, thanks - would this apply to your server deals in general or just this one?

• tehdan said: nice, thanks - would this apply to your server deals in general or just this one?

Best to check with me, blades are generally no problem, other systems its hit and miss.

• Ordered one :) Nice little cheap development server :D

Thanked by 2MarkTurner ATHK
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Do you count internal networking traffic against your allocated bandwidth?

• GM2015 said: Do you count internal networking traffic against your allocated bandwidth?

Yes, traffic is metered at the port.

If you have multiple servers then setup a VLAN between them then you can have unmetered GE/10GE/40GE depending on the port you order.

• What problems did you guys have with Online? My 4815 is humming just fine?

• @ManofServer said:
    What problems did you guys have with Online? My 4815 is humming just fine?

See this thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71909/server-request-under-25#latest

• I just ordered one of the $20/month discounted servers and managed to get a /28 with it for no more than $36/month thanks markturner now will just have to figure out when I will get the new server to shift things over to it hopefully before the first of the year where the old server doesn't get suspended or shut down before I move everything over and cancel it.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Managed 2.5 days off :) Thats got to be a record.

What sort of systems are you looking for? Low/Mid/Highend?

Put it another how much do you want to spend per month?

I'm looking for Europe.

• MarkTurner said: but surprisingly Geekbench pegs them at similar performance

look at that Single thread performance though, it's quite bad

• Yeah, that keeps me from buying. My applications would probably be a lot slower even on two of e5420s.

TarZZ92 said: look at that Single thread performance though, it's quite bad

• TarZZ92 said: look at that Single thread performance though, it's quite bad

Thats true, but E3 vs E5420 isn't really a good comparison. One is quite modern and the other is quite old.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • GM2015 said: Yeah, that keeps me from buying. My applications would probably be a lot slower even on two of e5420s.

There are E3-1225v3's if you need something more modern.

• @MarkTurner said:

I tried your coupon 'BF15-CSVPS-DOUBLE' for double resources on the VPS, but it seems not accepted ?

Thanks

• wlambrechts said: I tried your coupon 'BF15-CSVPS-DOUBLE' for double resources on the VPS, but it seems not accepted ?

Unfortunately that was a Black Friday offer that finished after the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. I just hadn't removed it from my signature.

• Seems like they don't want to do business with me. First time I let chrome autofill my USA shipping address by accident (did not even look at it as it usually takes my real home address..) order got rejected for false address and I got a refund. Ordered again with my real address and the order got rejected again, great.

• Is that dedi still in atlanta only?

• joodle said: Seems like they don't want to do business with me. First time I let chrome autofill my USA shipping address by accident (did not even look at it as it usually takes my real home address..) order got rejected for false address and I got a refund. Ordered again with my real address and the order got rejected again, great.

Did you not have issues like this a few years back with Delimiter?

• robohost said: Is that dedi still in atlanta only?

Yes, you won't see these offers made in other locations.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited December 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Unfortunately that was a Black Friday offer that finished after the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. I just hadn't removed it from my signature.

It seems the Atom A230 (50$/year) is also still on the site (also was a Black Friday deal) and has not been removed either ... Time to do some cleaning ...