Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any $1 or less USA vps left? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any $1 or less USA vps left?

Comments

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

Let me understand. The chinese buy 1$ VPS to setup proxies for downloading intellectual property for free ?

can someone explain

• @goexodus said: Let me understand. The chinese buy 1$ VPS to setup proxies for downloading intellectual property for free ?

LOL, so you are saying that people who are not Chinese use proxy only for downloading pirated stuff and people who are not Chinese never use torrents to download something that they should not be downloading? I guess you were living in a cave for the past few years of your life then.

• OllieOllie Member

@BronzeByte they are indeed very very poor. I had a VPS with them and one day it got randomly suspended for no reason. After waiting 3weeks for a ticket reply I finally got one back saying my VPS is back online and that if I sent spam emails again I would be banned forever. I'm like wtf...

• @Ollie said: @BronzeByte they are indeed very very poor. I had a VPS with them and one day it got randomly suspended for no reason. After waiting 3weeks for a ticket reply I finally got one back saying my VPS is back online and that if I sent spam emails again I would be banned forever. I'm like wtf...

So your box was turned off for spamming and you are saying their services are poor???

• @zhuanyi said: So your box was turned off for spamming and you are saying their services are poor???

That is not what he said :) Read it again.

@Ollie said: one day it got randomly suspended for no reason.

He is saying that he did not spam, and that he was wrongly accused. Or actually, silently got his VPS shut off and then his ticket ignored for 3 weeks.

Wouldn't surprise me, given my own bad experiences with 123systems. I stopped renewing my boxes with them about a year ago. Perhaps they've improved recently - I wouldn't know. But I, for one, am not going back there.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

We still have our 32MB VPSs for $10.99/Year in both Tampa and Denver, they come with 2 IPv4 addresses now also so that $0.46/month per IP and 500GB of traffic. :D

• jstapletonjstapleton Member
    edited March 2013

We have plenty of low cost vps's at www.gaugedhosting.com
    6g - Ram: 64M / 128M
    Space: 5GB
    Bandwidth: 100GB
    Port: Gigabit
    IP: 1 x IPv4

for $1.50 per month.

edit: I forgot to mention we are in North Carolina right now but plan on having new nodes opened up in Pennsylvania and Chicago in 6 months.

• RaidLogicRaidLogic Member
    edited March 2013

We also offer 64mb/128mb - 5gb hdd and 500gb bandwidth - 1 IPv4 for $9.95/year very limited quantity. We only release 10 stock each month and only 2 left for this month. 3 US locations.

We should have a new lowendbox offer posted in the next few weeks.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@KuJoe said: $0.46/month per IP

wow

just, wow

LoL, that's the response we were expecting. We're offering 2 IPv4 with each plan until the end of the month. :D

• @KuJoe said: LoL, that's the response we were expecting. We're offering 2 IPv4 with each plan until the end of the month. :D

WEAR?! WARE?! WHERE?!

@HalfEatenPie said: WEAR?! WARE?! WHERE?!

HERE!

• @KuJoe said: HERE!

All locations?!

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

@zhuanyi said: LOL, so you are saying that people who are not Chinese use proxy only for downloading pirated stuff and people who are not Chinese never use torrents to download something that they should not be downloading? I guess you were living in a cave for the past few years of your life then.

Not live in any cave chinese "pirate" just make fun of it. We all know that almost 95% of all software is illegal in china while maybe the opposite is true in the rest of the planet.

I have seen routers from china with CISCO logo in their operating system just some years ago ... not to mention countless other funny stories

Chinese miracle my as...

• emgemg Veteran
    edited March 2013

Edit -- Host1Free VPSs are hosted out of Germany, not the USA. Sorry, my error for not paying better attention to the subject line. Perhaps the information below is useful to someone:

I have a free VPS from Host1Free.com. It runs under OpenVZ with the usual mix of Linux OS choices. The VPS comes with 128 Mbyte RAM, 640 Mbyte vswap, and a 10 Gbyte disk. Believe it or not, they offer unlimited (unmetered) bandwidth, but the network speed is only a few Mbit/sec at best. No TUN/TAP. No IPv6. It is slow in every way. They offer forum support only, but the moderators are responsive. I see a lot of complaints on the forums about waiting for approval and deployment, rejected applications, and having accounts suspended for various reasons. Everything is oriented towards pushing you to open a paid Host1Plus VPS account.

Depending on your specific needs, the price is right.

• juanjuan Member

@KuJoe said: @HalfEatenPie said: WEAR?! WARE?! WHERE?!

HERE!

Recurring?

@juan said: Recurring?

Yes.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2013

@goexodus said: Not live in any cave chinese "pirate" just make fun of it. We all know that almost 95% of all software is illegal in china while maybe the opposite is true in the rest of the planet.

I have seen routers from china with CISCO logo in their operating system just some years ago ... not to mention countless other funny stories
    Chinese miracle my as...

And I've seen just as many people on this forum, which is predominantly non-Chinese, asking how to set up seedboxes or how to backups TBs of movies

Not saying they all do illegal downloads whatsoever, and I recognize software piracy is an issue in China (granted if Windows is sold at say 100K USD per copy, we'll see a lot more pirated Windows installations in US as well, now imagine people who have to pay for a month of their income for a copy of Windows), but if you are saying software piracy is just a "Chinese" issue, that is highly racist at best.

And if you lazy @$$ unionized workers are complaining why you are not getting paid a million bucks a year for doing 3 hours of work in essence everyday...you'd know why China managed become a miracle economically.

Apologies to OP for derailing the thread, but I think @goexodus really need to open up his eyes and see the world before he talks. No further comments from me on this, let's get back to the VPS business.

@Kujoe: Existing VPS boxes can't take advantage of this offer? I bought a box literally like 2 weeks ago from you, I'd totally switch to this one if I could LOL.

• OllieOllie Member

@zhuanyi listen to @Sunshine I didn't actually send any kind of spam :)

• I feel 123systems VPS is very poor

• LESLES Member
    edited March 2013

123Systems is ok but i wouldn't put something special on their vps.

• any new offer?

• I can do this for $4 / quarter.

Let me know https://www.fraphost.com/contact.php

• Cloudshards has the 7.5 USD yearly plan with 64MB.

• yywudiyywudi Member

agree

@aflrunner said:
    The biggest issue with monthly $1 services is abuse...

• @yywudi abuse isn't the biggest problem. It is the China Firewall IP rotation thing :(

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@hayhayday €3.00 p/year, 64mb Netherlands 500GB B/W http://lowendspirit.com shared IPv4 with 20 x ports for proxy/VPN etc + Native IPv6

• will look at fram and cloud

• yywudiyywudi Member

That is one of the abuse in my opinion... abuse the available IPs for other chinese customers :)

@concerto49 said:
    yywudi abuse isn't the biggest problem. It is the China Firewall IP rotation thing :(