Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: UGVPS to Launch KVM.. But where?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Poll: UGVPS to Launch KVM.. But where?

UGVPSUGVPS Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hello everyone :)

UGVPS has decided to launch KVM but not sure where to go. We would like to get some feedback from the community on what location to deploy KVM.

Cast your vote!

1. Lenoir, North Carolina (Dacentec)
  2. Chicago, Illinois (ColoCrossing)
  3. Los Angeles, California (ColoCrossing on Quadranet)
  4. Coventry, United Kingdom (UK Servers)

Which ever location gets the most votes will be our first deployment. Anyone who votes will get a 40% coupon for the first month when the service launches.

Planned launch is approximately in a few months. We are testing the KVM environment locally as I'm typing this. As always we value the community's opinion.

Thank you,

Crystal

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

Even though Dacentec are great..would have to be the UK

• I'd like UK because I'm in the EU :P.

• UK, only because it would be faster for me. :)

Wherever you do go though, I hope you have the same sort of 2GB deals you have with OpenVZ ;)

• Chicago - central to US.

• Currently tossing around 1GB @ 6.99USD but subject to change.

-Crystal

• LA

• edited January 2013

Personally prefer LA, for the speed is best their from my place. Also, UK would be nice, but there seems to be many UK/EU providers offering KVM while I can only recall a few whom do this in US.

As for the plan, I'm interested in low RAM ones, for DNS/Monitoring/testing and so on :)

• Chicago! Me gusta Chicago.

• DeanDean Member
    edited January 2013

REVOKED

• Well, theres a new guy in coventry!

On route, driving down to the datacenter now. :-)

I edited my post. :P

@Jacob said: On route, driving down to the datacenter now. :-)

Huh?

• UK.

• @UGVPS said: Coventry, United Kingdom

• Lots of UK love.

• Uk

• i vote for Chicago, Illinois.

Loads of providers in the UK.

• UGVPSUGVPS Member
    edited January 2013

I updated the Post to give the datacenters being used. If anyone wants to change vote or reinforce their vote so be it :)

-Crystal

• Ah in which case, vote removed.

• @DeanClinton No vote? lol

• We have so much ColoCrossing these days..

• DeanDean Member
    edited January 2013

No. After the last e-Mail I received from you regarding UKServers (titled UK Customers - Failed by UKservers.com again.), i'll not be interested in one there, sorry!

Not interested in more ColoCrossing either

• UKServers is rather stable. We just had some hardware issues in the beginning with the node. Its been solid since it was straightened out. Honestly, the network is awesome there. We LOVE IT.

-Crystal

• @DeanClinton

Trace n' Test:
    IP: 77.75.125.131
    File: http://77.75.125.131/100mb.test

• @DeanClinton said: Not interested in more ColoCrossing

+1 Already had at least two containers from different vps providers but in the same ColoCrossing datacenter, I'd like some different network, if I need more boxes :P

• @UGVPS no thanks - had a dedicated with them waaaaaay back in the day (when they first started out); wasn't that impressed back then either.

Thanks all the same - will be interesting to see how it fares for you.

• @AstroProfundis

Theres really only two games in Chicago, ColoCrossing is just well the one everyone goes with. I never tested the other DC continuum or something. I'm not sure how they perform.

Steadfast are in chicago I think? Apparantely they are good.

• NC and UK

• @UGVPS The short version is: they are nice :)

Long version is: just keep on with them as long as they performs all good. I personally would put some of my eggs in different baskets, and this doesn't mean I wouldn't use ColoCrossing, I mean, just not too much more

Waiting to see your KVM offer.