Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPEasy.com analogues - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPEasy.com analogues

2»

Comments

• Bw seems scarce for someone owning the dc

• Rob_TRob_T Member, Host Rep

How much bandwidth do you expect for less than $2 a month?

@inthecloudblog said:
    Bw seems scarce for someone owning the dc

• edited February 2016

@Rob_T said:
    How much bandwidth do you expect for less than $2 a month?

In my case you can preserve 3 of the 4 TB ( of upstream) and provide unmetered downstream which I've read it's most of the time very cheap for datacenters..
    I can provide my type of use and you'll notice it does not have to do with ddos or something similar..

Regards

PS: are those cores shared?

• Unmetered inbound would likely attract the TE horde, especially at the lower prices.

• @vimalware said:
    Unmetered inbound would likely attract the TE horde, especially at the lower prices.

I'm not familiar with TE but I can verify I'm legit as well as my activity.

Hello @inthecloudblog,

Given our price structure, it just doesn't make sense for us to offer custom packages - there's too much administrative overhead. Our formula is to keep things as simple as we can, which allows us to keep pricing as low as possible while offering fantastic value as far as resources.

Cores are shared on a fair-use basis (again, given our price structure, dedicated cores simply aren't possible). CPU and RAM are dedicated resources.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

inthecloudblog said: In my case you can preserve 3 of the 4 TB ( of upstream) and provide unmetered downstream which I've read it's most of the time very cheap for datacenters.. I can provide my type of use and you'll notice it does not have to do with ddos or something similar..

For your "project" which was pulling 8TB/day of UDP? Yeah, get a gigabit dedi and be thankful that your ISP doesn't care about inbound.

1TB per $2 is more than reasonable.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @black Could you please provide me the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags inside the VPS? Thank you very much.

• albertdb said: @black Could you please provide me the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags inside the VPS? Thank you very much.

flags       : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm nopl pni cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm
    flags       : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm nopl pni cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm

Thanked by 1albertdb
  • @black said:

I will never understand why providers (or SolusVM/KVM/whatever, by default) expose so few flags.

@Rob_T Any chance to enable any more than that?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Rob_T said:
    Hello inthecloudblog,

Given our price structure, it just doesn't make sense for us to offer custom packages - there's too much administrative overhead. Our formula is to keep things as simple as we can, which allows us to keep pricing as low as possible while offering fantastic value as far as resources.

Cores are shared on a fair-use basis (again, given our price structure, dedicated cores simply aren't possible). CPU and RAM are dedicated resources.

I think you meant HDD and RAM are dedicated resources, since the cores are fair-use.

• In the meantime, vpeasy has raised its prices, but it's still very competitive.

• Since Rob told us the issues with the node was fixed mine has been pretty stable. I have been using this one to test out freebsd some more without wrecking my production boxes and have not seen any issues with it.

I'm not expecting much in terms of performance when I went with a $18 dollar/year KVM, but for the price it was worth giving it a spin and seeing how it does. :)

@albertdb said:
    Rob_T Any chance to enable any more than that?

Yes, we can enable more CPU-specific info to be passed to the VM - just open a ticket and we can change the settings for your VM. We keep things pretty general to facilitate easier transfers between platforms - the more specific you get, the less flexibility you have when moving VM's around.

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited February 2016

@angstrom said:
    In the meantime, vpeasy has raised its prices, but it's still very competitive.

We adjusted pricing due to significant improvements in our new hardware nodes. We were primarily deploying on older E56XX hardware with 4 disk RAID arrays to start. We're now deploying new orders on E5-26XX based hardware with 6 disk RAID arrays - faster CPU, faster SSD / storage, faster everything. The more modern hardware carries a higher price tag though, so we adjusted our prices a bit to compensate. I still believe we offer one of the highest value products in the market right now, dollar for dollar.

Thanked by 2angstrom bersy
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Rob_T said:
    We adjusted pricing due to significant improvements in our new hardware nodes. We were primarily deploying on older E56XX hardware with 4 x SSD RAID arrays to start. We're now deploying new orders on E5-26XX based hardware with 6 x SSD RAID arrays. The more modern hardware carries a higher price tag though, so we adjusted our prices a bit to compensate.

Had a pretty good service from you, can't complain. Disk speeds werent the best, though. Took me a lot of time to install onlyoffice, like 15 min, which took 2 min in OVH VPS.

• wihartwihart Member

Hi,,
    Can someone help me to fix the problem with my server in vpeasy? Are there technician from vpeasy?
    My server is down, and I can't access my data

• @wihart said:
    Can someone help me to fix the problem with my server in vpeasy? Are there technician from vpeasy?

You need to be very patient with VPEasy.com / UltraVPS.com because @Rob_T is extremely slow at responding to tickets. Probably the only grudge I have with them with last 3 years of service.

• wihartwihart Member

@mehargags said:

@wihart said:

You need to be very patient with VPEasy.com / UltraVPS.com because @Rob_T is extremely slow at responding to tickets. Probably the only grudge I have with them with last 3 years of service.

I hove no backup of My data in the server. :(