Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPEasy.com analogues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPEasy.com analogues

_Nic_Nic Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

Hello, all!

I need a analogue of 48$/year vpseasy offer in other locations (Buffalo, US and Paris, France or any nearest locations) by same price. That includes 4G RAM, 4 cores, 50G SSD, 4TB BW and KVM virtualizaition. The most important for me are SSD, CPU performance and RAM volume.
Can anybody suggest something like that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Not going to happen.

• is vpeasy.com offer real?
    Not looking promising

• Kodis said: is vpeasy.com offer real? Not looking promising

It's VersaWeb so it's 10000% real :D

• Anyone have a review on these guys? I'm wondering how solid their services are.

• Those prices with those specs, look unreal TBH. And then they say it's KVM. Too good to be true ?

• @_Nic said:
    Hello, all!

I need a analogue of 48$/year vpseasy offer in other locations (Buffalo, US and Paris, France or any nearest locations) by same price. That includes 4G RAM, 4 cores, 50G SSD, 4TB BW and KVM virtualizaition. The most important for me are SSD, CPU performance and RAM volume.
    Can anybody suggest something like that?

Thanks.

Why moving out ? Any issues ?

• @Junkless said:
    Why moving out ? Any issues ?

I was looking for a VPS for PostgreSQL near my storage machines. Las Vegas is away from them, and therefore I have a high ping. As a result I got smaller VirMach's VPS in Buffalo. Now I have one of their VPS for experiments with RabbitMQ (some low loads). It's good. I posted its benchmarks here
    Once I had issue with their network, they fixed it.

• seriously, vpeasy is not easy. signed up on 22nd. already had 2 downtime (first one they said there were some stuck process they had to reboot the node, the second one was due to some "technical issue") now I have 1 whole day to determine if I should keep using their service (they have a 7 day money back guarantee), after spending the past few days setting up everything....

nice.

• we must be on the same node.. both of mine rebooted also.. i've done opened a ticket asking for a refund..

• which node?

• both of mine are on las1kvm06

• yup las1kvm06
    I have asked them if they can migrate my vps to another node, still haven't heard back from them for 4 hours

• I'm on the same node and was rebooted. I don't see why that's a cause for a refund though because before that it was very stable.

• @black how long you been joined vpeasy may I ask?

• blackblack Member
    edited January 2016

redjersey said: @black how long you been joined vpeasy may I ask?

Since Jan. 11th. I actually think the reboot helped my container. It used to idle between 1 to 1.5 now it idles between 0.3 and 0.5

• that's not too long ago.. anyways I will monitor my vps and will determine if I should keep or terminate the vps. feel free to contact me if there is any vp easy alternative

• I forgot to follow back up, but support responded to my ticket and said things should be fixed on the node, so far 3.5 days up without anymore downtime.

I did end up canceling one of my two with them, and will use this one to test out their reliability. Can't beat the price if it is reliable :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

makaze said: 3.5 days up without anymore downtime

if they not deliver 99.9% uptime, their customers will get 2 years additional for free, as it's stated on their website:

We guarantee 99.9% or better uptime on all of our VPS servers, and back that promise with a 200% SLA credit if your VPS goes down.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • JunklessJunkless Member
    edited February 2016

@WebProject said:

I dont think that means what you think it means. But I could be wrong.

• I think that means for every minute they're down, they'll provide 2 minutes of free service.

Thanked by 2Junkless vimalware
    edited February 2016

Junkless said: I dont think that means what you think it means. But I could be wrong.

I believe that it will be misleading if they not do that, as if you do pay for 1 year up front (is equal to 100% of cost) and provider can't deliver 99.9% as stated by SLA you do get 200% credit therefore you do get 1 year (100%) + 1 year (100%) of service for free otherwise it's bushit SLA!

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited February 2016

If I am not wrong, SLA is usually counted for the amount of time the service was down, not for the whole duration of contract. Also, the uptime is generally counted for each month, irrespective of the contract length.

edited February 2016

Junkless said: generally counted for each month

agree, but what I mentioned above if they are fail to archive it during the contract period, you should get what described on their website.

• @WebProject said:
    If you do pay for 1 year up front (is equal to 100% of cost) and provider can't deliver 99.9% as stated by SLA you do get 200% credit therefore you do get 1 year (100%) + 1 year (100%) of service for free otherwise it's bushit SLA!

As far as I understand, SLA only compensates the time that's not accessible. In order for you to get 2 years of service for free, you will need to have 1 year of downtime. It is 200% SLA for your downtime, not for what you paid for. If it is like what you said, then all the companies would already been deadpooled simply because they won't be able to afford the SLA compensations.

• Rob_TRob_T Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

Just to clarify, we measure uptime on a monthly basis. If we fall below 99.9% uptime for a given month, we'll credit your account the equivalent value of 2 free months upon request and verification of the outage.

Thanked by 2vimalware Junkless
  • there were some serious downtime on Jan 27-28 and Feb 1, fortunately there's none on / after Feb 2. Already submitted a ticket asking for 200% SLA credit. Let's see how it goes

• I bought one too, considering they are VersaWeb but being ultra cheap the Hardware and Network is "capped" quite a bit compared to their other services like UltraVPS and VersaWeb Dedi... though they are all hosted in same location DC. _This was confirmed to me on a support ticket by the provider. _

I've **NOT **put the server in production (4GB one) as I noticed some unusually low I/O and network performance last week but when reported to them, "Rob" changed my VPS to another node, which performs quite satisfactory till now albeit I'm still not using it for production.

Will give it a serious run for 2-3 months and only then put it to host any major websites. Even if it doesn't come at par - the price is not bad for "Test" VPS

• @mehargags How low I/O are we talking? I'm getting an average of 100 MB/sec with dd.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited February 2016

@black said:
    mehargags How low I/O are we talking? I'm getting an average of 100 MB/sec with dd.

Disk I/O was not too bad ever... Just don't rely on dd alone.
    I was more concerned with the Network I/O and latency. Here are the two comparisons for you:

The Bad: http://pastebin.com/0AUhKzVj

The Good: http://pastebin.com/QwD83Q0a

• just want to do a quick update on this. I have submitted a ticket yesterday and I've got $8 credit (2 months)