Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Power Issues at Wholesale Internet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Power Issues at Wholesale Internet

I noticed my dedicated with Wholesale Internet was down, opened a ticket with them and apparently they are having widespread power issues as their datacenter. Anyone else here effected?

Comments

• Yep, went down about 30 min ago.

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited December 2015

I don't think it is power issues, but they could probably include more information. But my gateway is still pingable at least.

To save everyone creating tickets....

• I'm back up.

• I hope they've got candle sticks to sort out the issues.

• Do you know if they'd provide any credit?

• You can request 1 day of credit.

Ie, service costs 60$ a month, you can get $2 credit.
    (Direct wording is in their Terms of Service)

On another note,mine is back up.

• Mine just came back up, but the power cycle is now missing from the panel

• Yep mine is back up as well and I also do not have the server management options in the Control panel. The ticket response I received said "Power Issues." According to Uptime Robot I had about 1:10 minutes of downtime.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@iwaswrongonce said:
    I'm back up.

Good Morning.

• In other news WholeSale Internet dropped to rank 3 on Google's Malware dashboard:

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited December 2015

Its probably the power cord on your server needs replacing, I used them about 4 or 5 years ago and my server constantly went off and on, took them 5 days to notice it was a faulty power cable.

• @IgniteServers every server at wholesale internet DC has the power cord at the same time

man pls read the whole thread

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Karl and the gang of useless idiots over there couldn't run a DC if their lives depended on it. Pack up and leave before they break it over there again.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited December 2015

@simonindia said:
    IgniteServers every server at wholesale internet DC has the power cord at the same time

man pls read the whole thread

I read the thread and your quite wrong, but ill leave you to figure it out.

I resold dedi's from wholesale way back when, and always had these problems with them. Actually Cole was the exact person who fixed most of my server issues when it came to power loss or a screw up on the power cycle. They remove the power cycle option either when the server is having problems or when they're fixing something on the servers.

• I understand that you have experience with Wholwsale internet DC but this problem i think hit the whole DC or most servers in this DC that's why said that after reading the below comment

@IgniteServers said:
    Its probably the power cord on your server needs replacing, I used them about 4 or 5 years ago and my server constantly went off and on, took them 5 days to notice it was a faulty power cable.

if you feel offended by my comment sry man i don't mean to offend you

• IgniteServers said: Its probably the power cord on your server needs replacing, I used them about 4 or 5 years ago and my server constantly went off and on, took them 5 days to notice it was a faulty power cable.

Sounds like they either had no idea what was wrong or it was too embarrasing to admit.

Faulty power cable? Electrons simply fed up with zipping through the same copper wires, day in, day out?

• @singsing said:
    Faulty power cable? Electrons simply fed up with zipping through the same copper wires, day in, day out?

I'm not too sure they'd probably not admit it but it seems they are still having the same problems so nothings changed, if I was OP id just pack up and move now before it gets worse.

• So how good is WSI otherwise? I mean they've got candles probably, that's quite the achievemnt.

I've heard plenty of crap about them.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@GM2015 - They didnt even respond to a PayPal dispute.

• One chargeback a month, free service.

They'd probably respond after a while.

hawc said: They didnt even respond to a PayPal dispute.

• rpollestadrpollestad Member
    edited December 2015

Mine went down and was rebooted. Didn't bother to open a ticket after noticing this thread. I'm not using the server for much, so maybe I'll take this a sign to not renew it.

• @GM2015 said:
    They'd probably respond after a while.

Or PP would twig :)

• Nothing twigs paypal.

wych said: Or PP would twig :)

• I've been with WSI for about 5 months and this is the first downtime I have had. Lasted just about an hour. Network has been good, support has been good, I'm very happy with the server I have from them, especially for the price I pay. According to the RFO they had a major surge on the commercial power which sent some equipment haywire, as someone who has managed a small corporate data center these things do happen from time to time.

• singsing said: Faulty power cable?

Squirrels

• doughmanes said: Squirrels

Not mynocks?

• Possibly dust in the switch.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Anybody else down again today at WSI?

• Gremlins.

doughmanes said: Squirrels

• @FrankZ said:
    Anybody else down again today at WSI?

I was for a few hours earlier, didn't bother with a ticket since it didn't matter to me. Seems to be back up for me now though

Thanked by 1FrankZ