Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many VM you will run on an 8 core, 32GB RAM node? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many VM you will run on an 8 core, 32GB RAM node?

2»

Comments

• @sambling said:
    1000. mtwiscool, a respected and knowledgeable industry provider managed this. https://vpsboard.com/topic/4219-i-want-to-provide-0361-per-year-vps39s/

It warms my heart with holiday spirit when I see that thread.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited December 2015

@sambling said:
    1000. mtwiscool, a respected and knowledgeable industry provider managed this. https://vpsboard.com/topic/4219-i-want-to-provide-0361-per-year-vps39s/

Too low, add another 0 - 10000 VPS on that node should be great - just a note though that after you add the 10000 VPS's your node will go offline, this is fine and part of the deal - just proceed and sell the VPS's and if a customer complains that they are offline just tell them its their internet connection.

In reality the hardware specs are too low to be able to run anything over 20 or so VPS's without overloading the server.

I've got a 2xE5620 CPU server with 48GB RAM for personal use and I have 19 VPS's hosted on it and consider it full.

• elgselgs Member
    edited December 2015

If all the VPS'es hosted are personal websites or alike, probably the said specs could host a lot. However, if you have some CPU/bandwidth hungery users, you probably end up hosting only a few.

• @jarland said:
    That'd probably put you at somewhere around 20-30% of the resources actually used at any given moment. It's amazing how many people buy OpenVZ to let it idle.

Have a great idea, buy it, and then think nahh cant be bothered. Let it idle

Thats what i do xD

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • Experts at LET can Hyper-V and VMware can oversell CPU / RAM. I have no experience in both so wondering will it be possible.