Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexhost account terminated without any notification - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexhost account terminated without any notification

13»

Comments

• Still no refund.................... @NexHost

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2016

@Stevie said:
    Still no refund.................... NexHost

He doesn't like you. You're not allowed to tag him.

@NexHost

• @Stevie said:
    Still no refund.................... NexHost

Hi,

There is a fair amount of pending refunds left for Dallas. and we are getting through as many as possible. I do apologize for the delay.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2016

@NexHost said:

That's just short for, we don't have the funds yet wait until someone hopefully purchases a plan and I'll refund whoever is at the top of the list, while paying for infrastructure out of my own pocket.

Thanked by 2Lee evilghaleon
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2016

@ATHK said:

There is a really bad financial term for that.

Really bad.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @ATHK said:
    hopefully purchases a plan

Haha. He knows how to dream.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Being fair this kid picked up a company that was about to just sink. He's done some good with it but I'm afraid he's fair too naive to go further. He's not making smart choices and making rash decisions without thinking about the consequences...

But, there's history here isnt' there?

• Anyone can give me a neutral TL;DR of the @NexHost situation? Missed too much of these.

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Anyone can give me a neutral TL;DR of the NexHost situation? Missed too much of these.

@Jarland summed it up pretty well a page ago.

Wait so, you terminated all of the orders due to high fraud rate and then you didn't immediately refund them? So what was the point of terminating if it doesn't save you the chargebacks?

>

You refund so that they can't charge back, not keep their money, terminate their service, and post on LET that they can ask you for a refund. That action would increase disputes, not decrease them.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@theroyalstudent said:
    Anyone can give me a neutral TL;DR of the NexHost situation? Missed too much of these.

It's pretty hard to have a neutral perspective on this situation.

• @NexHost Is something wrong with Virtualizor control panel ? I'm getting a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED on the login page.

• Still no refund AND they closed the ticket I had opened........

• @Stevie said:
    Still no refund AND they closed the ticket I had opened........

Honestly... I'd just pack up and leave. The time you'll spend chasing your refund is not worth the stress of dealing with Jordan.

• @IThinkUFailed I want my $2 though :-(

• @NexHost refund the man for gods sake.

• @ATHK said:
    NexHost refund the man for gods sake.

Stop tagging @NexHost!!! He doesn't like you either!!!

@Stevie said:
    IThinkUFailed I want my $2 though :-(

You should tag @NexHost so that he's aware of your issues.

Thanked by 2ATHK doughmanes
  • @Jonchun said:
    Stop tagging @NexHost!!! He doesn't like you either!!!

Feeling is mutual.

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • rpollestadrpollestad Member
    edited February 2016

I won't be renewing my VPS with them. I understand these NAT VPS machines come with no SLA but the server I'm on goes down at least 1-3 times per week for hours at a time. It went down today and has been offline for ~5 hours so far.

• @Stevie said:
    Still no refund AND they closed the ticket I had opened........

I've been waiting 2 weeks for a refund. I wonder what number you are in the line?

I am putting this ticket back on hold and we will restore the services within 24 hours and the refund will then be processed in a list by date as there is 19 separate cases waiting for a refund. and some with Larger Amounts

• @Riz said:

I am putting this ticket back on hold and we will restore the services within 24 hours and the refund will then be processed in a list by date as there is 19 separate cases waiting for a refund. and some with Larger Amounts

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

Stevie said: @IThinkUFailed I want my $2 though :-(

We don't hold BTC once someone decides to pay in BTC we will issue the refund. As you specifcally asked for a refund in BTC.

rpollestad said: I won't be renewing my VPS with them. I understand these NAT VPS machines come with no SLA but the server I'm on goes down at least 1-3 times per week for hours at a time. It went down today and has been offline for ~5 hours so far.

Migration to our new setup in Seattle the last time there was a reboot was 14 days ago. when it crashed. as we have been waiting for the additional hardware for 2 months now. And it has Finally Been setup so the move has begun. It does not reboot 1-3 times per week if it does then that is news to me. How ever we are doing upgrades to improve the quality of service.

• @NexHost said:
    It does not reboot 1-3 times per week if it does then that is news to me.

I didn't say it rebooted. I said it goes down.

Considering the node I am on is currently unreachable and down since ~1 PM Pacific today, perhaps you should pay a little more attention to your network.

[~]: ping 107.191.xxx.xxx
    PING 107.191.xxx.xxx (107.191.xxx.xxx) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- 107.191.xxx.xxx ping statistics ---
    10 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 9626ms

As perhaps because you block ICMP, I'll try to SSH:

[~]: ssh root@myhost -p 3xxx
    ssh: connect to host myhost port 3xxx: Connection timed out

• rpollestad said: Considering the node I am on is currently unreachable and down since ~1 PM Pacific today, perhaps you should pay a little more attention to your network.

The service is being migrated and is priced at $2-4 a year we do our best to provide a reliable service. and are moving it as stated in my last response. so that we can provide a better service.

• rpollestadrpollestad Member
    edited February 2016

@NexHost said:
    we do our best to provide a reliable service

Which is something you could have said in reply to my original comment, instead of trying to pretend the server hasn't been offline for the past 8 hours and does so multiple times per week on average.

In any event, it's not a concern to me anymore. I stated I wasn't going to renew my VPS service with you anyway but I wish you the best of luck with your improvements.

• @NexHost said:
    The service is being migrated and is priced at $2-4 a year we do our best to provide a reliable service. and are moving it as stated in my last response. so that we can provide a better service.

Please just process peoples refunds that want them so that they don't need to open a thread/make a post on LET in order to get an answer.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited February 2016

rpollestad said: Which is something you could have said in reply to my original comment, instead of trying to pretend the server hasn't been offline for the past 8 hours and does so multiple times per week on average.

Was not pretending it has not been offline. it's moving a lot of data from one format to another. It's the only way to move it. It's not multiple times per week. we had one peroid where it had a lot of instability and has been fine for the last 2 weeks. we put a temporary fix in place for this. Only way to provide a long permanent fix is to move it. and we are doing that.

• @NexHost I sent you a email stating I no longer can use paypal since a bitcoin scammer charged back $400 , so you said that you can refund me by bitcoin which I agreed I also said my billing seems insane since I signed up about 9 months ago and it looks like I bee n charged 3 times ............

• Stevie said: @NexHost I sent you a email stating I no longer can use paypal since a bitcoin scammer charged back $400 , so you said that you can refund me by bitcoin which I agreed I also said my billing seems insane since I signed up about 9 months ago and it looks like I bee n charged 3 times ............

NexHost was taken over a couple of months ago not sure why you would of been charged 3 times. and yes we agreed to and when we have bitcoin we will issue a refund. But it's not currency we hold as I stated already.