Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cant decide between OVH and leaseweb - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cant decide between OVH and leaseweb

13»

Comments

• Lw ia going to pay me back since there was an issue in their bw management. I just pointed out that the month before it took place.
    Leaseweb is synonym of quality and peace of mind ( except when I go past the allotted bw lol ) .
    They have alerts for you to know when you have ate x amount though

• @inthecloudblog what kind of issue and how did the issue got detected in the first place?

• @Vald said:
    inthecloudblog what kind of issue and how did the issue got detected in the first place?

Bw graph didn't show up . Other than vnstat I couldn't see from their cp consumed bw .

• DrFallenDrFallen Member
    edited December 2015

Anyone else see Leaseweb's billing period has changed to 6 months minimum again. I know they did it for black friday but it changed to 1 month shortly after.

• @Amitz said:
    Gosh! That Leaseweb VPS is performing really, really well. Much better than that OVH cloud thing that I had. Great, another good VPS more in my portfolio. I love you all.

The ovh thing was a VPS cloud? Cause VPS cloud 2016 is far better than the previous VPS cloud

• Yup, you should worry about leaseweb bandwidth overage.

That's why now they required id verification :) In the past you can max out their bandwidth and just ran away :p

• Geekoine said: The ovh thing was a VPS cloud? Cause VPS cloud 2016 is far better than the previous VPS cloud

It was a "2016 VPS Cloud" already.

• I've tried both OVH & Leaseweb in the last week - Leaseweb's network seems better & their support is miles ahead of OVH. If you do not need to use a custom ISO leaseweb is a winner.

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited December 2015

@Amitz said:

Strange. I do not have a Leaseweb VPS now, but as far as I remember the ovh cloud VPS was better at everything, except for the network, of course. I will try leaseweb again.

• and OVH support is almost nonexistent, this is true

• Geekoine said: Strange. I do not have a Leaseweb VPS now, but as far as I remember the ovh cloud VPS was better at everything, except for the network, of course. I will try leaseweb again.

Don't look at the "dd" results or other non-realistic values. I have put the same busy site once on a 2016 OVH cloud VPS and once on a Leaseweb VPS and the latter performed sooo much better in real life.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • Have you tried ovh ssd line? Mine(ssd 1) feels really fast.

Amitz said: Don't look at the "dd" results or other non-realistic values. I have put the same busy site once on a 2016 OVH cloud VPS and once on a Leaseweb VPS and the latter performed sooo much better in real life.

• @Amitz said:

In fact, I did something similar. I put the same website (less than 20.000 pageviews/day) on OVH VPS cloud, Vultr, and Digitalocean (but, in that case, I didn't try with Leaseweb). Among those, OVH was the clear winner. Anyway, as I said, I will probably try again Leaseweb, with some deeper tests.

• ValdVald Member
    edited December 2015

can someone run a serverbear benchmark for OVH cloud 2016 and post link

@DrFallen

wow they really did that again... not good

• GM2015 said: Have you tried ovh ssd line? Mine(ssd 1) feels really fast.

No. I would have loved to, but they did not offer enough disk space for my needs.

Thanked by 1GM2015