Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cant decide between OVH and leaseweb - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cant decide between OVH and leaseweb

Comments

• I want install KVM Virtualization but have 2 options for me. E5-1630v3 vs D-1540. What better for VPS Hosting? Multi core, Performance? Also anyone has try with "3 x600GB of SAS HARD + Cache 80Go SSD", it is good IO vs IOPS? Thank u!

• ValdVald Member
    edited December 2015

jazz1611 said: I want install KVM Virtualization but have 2 options for me. E5-1630v3 vs D-1540. What better for VPS Hosting? Multi core, Performance? Also anyone has try with "3 x600GB of SAS HARD + Cache 80Go SSD", it is good IO vs IOPS? Thank u!

how about opening another thread for this?

I am about to make a "serious" decision here, stop hijacking my thread man :P

• It's more like ColoBoxing lately.

Joe2 said: what happened to LowEndBox not listing resellers? Guess that's out of the window now.

• @jazz1611 D-1540

Thanked by 1jazz1611
  • @Saragoldfarb said:
    Leaseweb is great. Never had any real issues with them and their support is awesome. They call in once in a while to check up on things and to make sure everything is ok.

I had to ask not to be called and told I'll make them tickets if everything works ok. Their data traffic measuring and the function in charge of cutting the box loose doesn't work for me.

• Have been with Leaseweb for something like 10 years now, using both dedicated servers and VPS. Rock solid. Mostly been using the basic, free SLA and it's been perfectly satisfactory for non-critical servers.

For production critical servers for larger companies, they live up to and often exceed the SLA.

• ValdVald Member
    edited December 2015

leaseweb bandwidth is very expensive, 1GB premium bandwidth = 0.10eu

I have also looked at Hetzner as suggested, how is their network/hardware?

• @Vald said:
    leaseweb bandwidth is very expensive, 1GB premium bandwidth = 0.10eu

their network is really solid and premium. when they say it's premium, it indeed is.You cannot compare ovh with leaseweb in terms of network.

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

Vald, for LeaseWeb's cloud servers included bandwidth of each ordered server will be added to the total amount of available bandwidth to your servers.

For example if you order 10 VPS servers https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/public/cloud-server/configure/21471 they will give you 40TB bandwidth in total. You can use it on all of your ordered servers.

Thanked by 2Vald vimalware
  • @ru_tld this is very interesting, thanks for the info

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2015

Now I ordered a Leaseweb VPS. Just because of you Ladycrackers. Fu**ing addiction. I hate you all.

• I have personally used OVH and still do to this day use them for my personal servers, OVH support via ticket is terrible but via phone is brilliant. For what you are asking they would be perfect with there CloudVPS abd if you go for one of there PublicCloudVPS packages then in my experience that would be a great option. Yes you can use 100% of advertised resources as i use 100% of my allocated ram and CPU on at least 3 of my VPS's which are used as nginx servers.

• smansman Member
    edited December 2015

I'll give you my 2 cents from experience dealing with lots of these places.

If you want VPS go with a provider that mostly only does VPS. If you want dedicated go with a provider that mostly only does dedicated.

Also try use providers that are based in the datacenter. If they have other datacenters ok fine but they should have their main office in or near the data center you want to use. If they own it even better.

Now with 'cloud' the picture is a bit more muddy because you have VPS guys and dedicated guys all trying to do that. My experience has been that the quality of their support goes down when that happens.

So if you want 'cloud' go with someone who mostly only does that imho.

I took a good long look at Leaseweb but didn't like the mix of things they are trying to do. Also not a Dell/HP server fan....(puke)...although I see them showing some SuperMicro now. OVH is not really the right fit for me either.

• Hi Vald,

Were you able to find a host to provide the VPS/Dedicated servers needed?

• Hi @DAC

yes i already signed up for leaseweb and its very good, just the bandwidth overages still scare me a bit (i want to sleep good at night).

The openstack platfrom is great so i want to give OVH a chance (after they validate my bloody account) and if the network is good then i will make my final decision

otherwise i am sticking with leaseweb for now

• smansman Member
    edited December 2015

@Vald said:
    Hi DAC

yes i already signed up for leaseweb and its very good, just the bandwidth overages still scare me a bit (i want to sleep good at night).

The openstack platfrom is great so i want to give OVH a chance (after they validate my bloody account) and if the network is good then i will make my final decision

otherwise i am sticking with leaseweb for now

Leaseweb has good peering. I will give them that. Then again a lot of the provders/datacenters in the Netherlands have good peering. Most have direct connections to each other so ping times around that whole region are ridiculously good.,

• Vultr has 100% SLA. Although it has its price.

• @Amitz said:
    Now I ordered a Leaseweb VPS. Just because of you Ladycrackers. Fu**ing addiction. I hate you all.

Gosh! That Leaseweb VPS is performing really, really well. Much better than that OVH cloud thing that I had. Great, another good VPS more in my portfolio. I love you all.

• sinsin Member
    edited December 2015

@Amitz said:
    Gosh! That Leaseweb VPS is performing really, really well. Much better than that OVH cloud thing that I had. Great, another good VPS more in my portfolio. I love you all.

Nice, welcome to the club! :) I'm actually buying yet another Leaseweb VPS right now haha, also if you open up a ticket for ipv6 they will give you a /64 block

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Alajos said:
    Vultr has 100% SLA. Although it has its price.

I will soon open a service with 200% SLA. You will get 1ct back if the uptime falls under 200%.

Thanked by 2Amitz Frecyboy
  • ValdVald Member
    edited December 2015

Amitz said: Gosh! That Leaseweb VPS is performing really, really well. Much better than that OVH cloud thing that I had. Great, another good VPS more in my portfolio. I love you all.

I have also noticed good performance while doing mysql tests compared to few other providers.

What exactly is performing better than OVH cloud, sadly i can't test them as few days no reply for my activation, i guess they dont like rebels.

BY THE WAY LEASEWEB YOU SHOULD REWARD ME FOR THIS!!!

• I had massive IOWait with my application on OVH's cloud (Values around 10-15) and just 1-2 with the same purpose at Leaseweb. Their attached storage seems way better, no to talk about Leaseweb's better network.

• Amitz said: no to talk about Leaseweb's better network

TO WARN OTHERS!

both ways are calculated in the bandwidth usage, in+out

• ... network performance.

• lol... mkay.. still its a useful tip for others

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • JakeHJakeH Member
    edited December 2015

OVH hands down

• screw the French, go with leaseweb.

• @Mark_R said:
    screw the French, go with leaseweb.

that's one way of putting it

OVH has its places but for critical production stuff put it in the leaseweb and go with @ru_tld for leaseweb they have platinum support with them so support will be great

Thanked by 1ru_tld
  • sin said: they will give you a /64 block

Are they really giving out full /64 or only /112 subnet?

• Mark_R said: screw the French, go with leaseweb.

Also the french are setting up "black boxes" scanning stuff on the network.
    Well maybe it's the same in NL and we don't know it yet but government seems to be more liberal in NL than FR

https://www.nbs-system.co.uk/blog-2/french-hosting-providers-against-black-box-project-of-french-intelligence-law.html

Thanked by 1GM2015