Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LiveChat Software - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LiveChat Software

Comments

• @Spencer said: Ever use it? Its a nightmare

Well I haven't used it so you should tell me!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Spencer said: Ever use it? Its a nightmare

I agree, too much to list. Although the last time I used it was a while back.

• You could also make your own software?

• @curtisg Sorry but making a live chat software doesn't sound like the most efficient idea to me.

• @Spencer No problem here, we using it a long time ago and it works. iOS, Windows Desktop application and a whmcs integration are on board. Fine solution for us.

• @NHRoel said: Sorry but making a live chat software doesn't sound like the most efficient idea to me.

It might not be, but if it wants to go "custom" he could.

• @NHRoel said: Sorry but making a live chat software doesn't sound like the most efficient idea to me.

Mhm. With so many live chat options available I see no need to spend the resources to start a custom live chat software from the ground up.

• jhjh Member

@N_Serian said: Mhm. With so many live chat options available I see no need to spend the resources to start a custom live chat software from the ground up.

There isn't a really, really good self-hosted solution. I think there's room in the market for one.

• LiveZilla was definitely the best when I needed it. Maybe times have changed since then...

• If you're using HostBill, why not their Chat feature?

Otherwise, GrooveHQ get's my recommendation again!

• @jennie23 said: Try Live2Support. Its fast, reliable, easy and affordable live chat software for website

• Another vote for livechatinc.com - 'it just works'

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@dediserve said: Another vote for livechatinc.com - 'it just works'

I am leaning towards it.. :)

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited January 2013

any livechat with iPhone application and push support?

• @apollo15 said: any livechat with iPhone application and push support?

Groovehq.com got iPhone and desktop apps, and it's free :D

@giang said: Groovehq.com got iPhone and desktop apps, and it's free :D

Free until beta is over.

• @dominicl said: Free until beta is over.

Not at all, the Beta is finished :)

They now work on a "freemium" pricing model - like SendGrid or Mandrill (I suppose) - you get X amount of Chats per month free (with unlimited of the rest of their features), and then you only pay for what you go over, on a pricing tier basis.

• Give Mibew a try... last time I tested it (1-1.5 yrs ago), it was very useable and good enough for production. Probably improved a lot since then but not sure. You must self-host it but it's free.

@imagine said: They now work on a "freemium" pricing model - like SendGrid or Mandrill (I suppose) - you get X amount of Chats per month free (with unlimited of the rest of their features), and then you only pay for what you go over, on a pricing tier basis.

Ah, thought I was told it didn't reset per month or something. Oh well :P

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'm making my own. If anybody wants to test it out when it's ready PM me.

• @shovenose

If it's not ugly, works fast, and is elegent, I'm all in

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@lele0108 you bet!
    Somebody just needs to buy me IonCube and I'll open the public beta.

• @shovenose

Possibly PM me some screenshots?

• Somebody just needs to buy me IonCube and I'll open the public beta.

Use their online service? http://www.ioncube.com/online_encoder.php

• https://github.com/Raydiation/bif4-itp

don't know if it's currently ready to use and uh oh ah ... there is no documentation iirc

• breckhambreckham Member
    edited January 2013

Nowadays Customers are expecting fast responses and quick resolutions. mioot Live Chat Software can answer all customer queries almost immediately.

Click Here : Live chat software

• .. I just set up webim aka mibew messenger for a client. In terms of a self hosted solution it is tops.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@giang said: Groovehq.com got iPhone and desktop apps, and it's free :D

All I see is
    Try HelpDesk + LiveChat FREE
    I'm going to try this though for the live chat.
    Which indicates we will have to pay for it at some point.

@twain said: Give Mibew a try... last time I tested it (1-1.5 yrs ago), it was very useable and good enough for production. Probably improved a lot since then but not sure. You must self-host it but it's free.

Yea mibew is awesome.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited January 2013

@Corey said: @giang said: Groovehq.com got iPhone and desktop apps, and it's free :D

All I see is

Try HelpDesk + LiveChat FREE
    I'm going to try this though for the live chat.
    Which indicates we will have to pay for it at some point.

@twain said: Give Mibew a try... last time I tested it (1-1.5 yrs ago), it was very useable and good enough for production. Probably improved a lot since then but not sure. You must self-host it but it's free.

Yea mibew is awesome.

So I signed up for groovehq and it appears from the pricing table they linked me that they charge $12 per operator per month after you go over 100 chats. http://blog.groovehq.com/post/36605325338/introducing-smart-pricing-for-smbs

• For basic usage LiveZilla does a great job. It's easy to set up and simple in use. And it's free.