Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godaddy Groupon $70 credit for $25 or $30 credit for $10 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Godaddy Groupon $70 credit for $25 or $30 credit for $10

2»

Comments

• ""Invalid code, please contact vendor."

The $10/30 and $25/70 both worked for me this morning. You need to setup a new GoDaddy account for each one. GoDaddy is limiting to 1 groupon per account..

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

This must be new, I used 28 (10 dollar groupons) on one account once the 25.00 stopped working ;)

Thanks for the code though, going to try on a new account.

• @DomainBop said: ""Invalid code, please contact vendor."

Thanks, you were right. They cracked down and are now actually limiting the GoDaddy accounts. It was wide open Dec 31st.

Will just create two accounts and push the domains over. Thanks for the heads up, saved me a shady call to GroupOn

• too bad some $0.99 coupons don't work with instore credit

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

@Ruriko said: too bad some $0.99 coupons don't work with instore credit

I've gotten at least 4-5 .99 to 1.99 coupons to work on each account. Then 2.95 coupons with multiple goes, and finally the 5 domain limit 5.99 domain code with free private registration.

I personally use the 5.99 code w/o private reg, since it makes it very hard to transfer out.

http://www.fatwallet.com/GoDaddy-coupons/

http://domainpricemonitor.com/godaddy-coupon.aspx

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

@DomainBop

Well damn.

That was fun while it lasted. Account drained of almost every coupon purchased / almost every single one de-activated.

Worse, the IDs of the coupons "deactivated" don't correlate to the GroupOn ID in anyway, going to make refunds hard.

Hopefully GroupOn can figure this out, just in terms of the refund.

Guess I should have gone crazy & used the credit ASAP with auctions & other crap. I just wanted a good balance of $$$ for renewals and new domains for a year.

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

@Liam said: @kris how much credit did you have?

Just over $1,000, so I spent around $360ish.

Going to be hell for GroupOn's Support the next week or two.

No charges reversed, just credit / all torn away. I think 1 or 2 were left.

Figured they were too big / automated / couldn't care less. Seems they're in a bit of bother, others apparently used 80 cities with the $70 dollar coupons, reported by some websites who are reporting the removed credit. I used around 30+ cities for mostly $10.00 coupons.

Oh well, should've seen it coming, gone domain crazy and just purchased domains at PODCAST749 prices instead of waiting to stack them with more favorable coupons.

Hoping they automatically will refund, because it doesn't give the Voucher ID, just their internal Coupon Code system ID. Not easy to track which were invalidated.

• @Kris said: Just over $1,000, so I spent around $360ish.

I sincerely hope they don't refund you for being that much of a greedy cunt.

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

@gubbyte said: I sincerely hope they don't refund you for being that much of a greedy cunt.

I spend almost $900-1,600 per year there. They're big as shit. This isn't lifting from a mom and pop shop.

Harsh words little man for a coupon exploitation from one of the largest registrars... Asshole.

• $1000 is just begging for problems.

I bought a single $70 and it seems my account has been suspended. Still waiting for them to get back to me.

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

@prae5 said: $1000 is just begging for problems.

I guess, but it's not off par with what I spend per year there. Apparently some people were buying the $70 coupons in all 80 cities featured which triggered this.

I wanted cheaper domain renewals and registrations from a registrar I've been using for years. From some forums, people were using the thousands of credit towards domain auctions (which are actually paid out to others, not just a .com renewal.)

I do think that's a dick thing to do, since they have to pay out that amount.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6982/godaddy-groupon-70-credit-for-25-or-30-credit-for-10#Item_43

This explains it well with the negative PR that will ensue because of GoDaddy on GroupOn (who's not doing great) and how they've again lost people who were migrating back.

• @Kris do you remember which 99cent coupons worked with instore credit?

• KrisKris Member
    edited January 2013

@Ruriko said: @Kris do you remember which 99cent coupons worked with instore credit?

I used these : http://www.fatwallet.com/GoDaddy-coupons/

http://domainpricemonitor.com/godaddy-coupon.aspx

Always 1 or two on RetailMeNot either. PODCAST749 will always work. There's 5.99 coupons floating around as well as 1.99 and 2.95 on the sites.

Had no problem with redeeming credit on any coupons. (Kicks self in ass for not getting more)