Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godaddy Groupon $70 credit for $25 or $30 credit for $10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Godaddy Groupon $70 credit for $25 or $30 credit for $10

connercgconnercg Member
edited December 2012 in General

Yes, I'm aware there is not much love for GoDaddy here, now that is out of the way -- I'm tossing this out if anyone wants to take advantage of this.

groupon.com/deals/go-daddy-com-december-atlanta

Comments

• Gift cards, Paypal, Alipay and CCavenue may not be used to redeem offer.

How surprising.

• Hmm

$10 for $30 worth of website-building products

$25 for $70 worth of website-building products

I wonder if that applies for domain names or not, have you tried it?

• connercgconnercg Member
    edited December 2012

I was called about the offer from a buddy of mine in Atlanta --

He said it adds the value to 'In-Store Credit', which in theory would be good for anything. I haven't tried it yet, I'll more than likely grab one to extend the last couple domains I have at Godaddy when I get home before I transfer them out to NameSilo.

• Can someone confirm if this works for domains?

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited December 2012

The details seems to indicate it works on anything at Godaddy.

My big question is, will it work on top of other promotions, such as percent-off coupon codes? Nothing in the description says it cannot be combined, but no way to really know.

• @jon617 said: My big question is, will it work on top of other promotions, such as percent-off coupon codes? Nothing in the description says it cannot be combined, but no way to really know.

Presumably. Unless you can't use coupons with account credit, which you'd have to check.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited December 2012

I'm reading on a namepros.com forum that the groupons work like store credit, apply like a credit card, so it would appear they work with coupon codes.

Only work for customers in USA, Canada, Australia, and UK. Also I read people had success buying multiple Godaddy Groupons from different cities (google for the same godaddy groupon to find different cities), then applying one after the other when used up on the same account. https://www.google.com/search?q=site:groupon.com+godaddy&num=100&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X&ei=&ved=&biw=907&bih=650

• I wish I had a credit card to buy this crazy offer :(

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

So in theory, if this would work as we expect, you could buy $70 of credit for $25, then use the coupon code for 98c .com domains, and register 70 of them? If so then this is a huge deal :D

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited December 2012

@liamwithers said: So in theory, if this would work as we expect, you could buy $70 of credit for $25, then use the coupon code for 98c .com domains, and register 70 of them? If so then this is a huge deal :D

I think that coupon only works for 1-3 domains.

You could use the 50% off total order coupon, though.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited December 2012

I just tried it. Everything worked.

Bought two $70 certificates for $25 each (two different Groupon cities). Applied both certs to my Godaddy account. Renewed a bunch of domains using discount promo codes and applied Groupon certificates.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@jon617 any screenies just so we can see it definitely works? So very tempted..

• godaddy charges $70 for ssl? jesus

• @Brandon said: Can someone confirm if this works for domains?

It works for domains, I have bought one of them and tried myself, it basically works as an account credit and you can buy anything from GD with it.

• @gubbyte said: You could use the 50% off total order coupon, though.

That coupon can be used only once, so pp please make sure you add as many items as you can to that order :)

• @jon617 said: such as percent-off coupon codes?

And yes you can stack other coupons with it as well.

• @zhuanyi said: And yes you can stack other coupons with it as well.

Verified. Added as account credit as $70.00, no restrictions, used with one of the coupons in the 99 cent thread to register three 1.00 domains using credit.

Thanks @connercg

• "And yes you can stack other coupons with it as well."

I stacked and stacked from multiple places

1. I used a link on FatWallet to get 4% cash back from FatWallet on the Groupon offer
    2. I used a "50% off" Godaddy coupon on FatWallet to get 50% off my GoDaddy order and 12% cash back from FatWallet on my GoDaddy purchase
    3. I applied my $70 groupon credit (the 12% cash back from FatWallet is calculated based on the order total before applying the credit)

I bought 2 Groupon offers and did this twice.

• @DomainBop Stackception? :D

• tinyraytinyray Member
    edited December 2012

it just took 5m for a new customer to have what suggested by DomainBop done.
    I used the credit for domain renewal. It's so good. Just curious how to do this twice :)

• @tinyray said: Just curious how to do this twice :)

Use another email addy, sign up for a new GroupOn account, use different CC than the 1st coupon.

No problem applying to same GoDaddy account. I love having prepaid cards on hand :)

• Can anyone help me buy the coupon? I'll pay you back with paypal

• Better stop buying multiple coupons cause it looks like Godaddy is pissed and they might reverse the coupons.
    http://domaingang.com/domain-news/godaddy-cries-foul-wants-to-reverse-groupon-coupon/

• No paypal :/

• Hmm, think godaddy has pulled the offer now. I got one of the vouchers the other day and tried to use it now, but the option to redeem it seems to be gone. http://www.godaddy.com/redeem/groupon.aspx just redirects to there normal homepage.

Seems a bit off considering that they still seem to be selling them at group on :(

• Did some more checking, you can still redeem, however you need to be coming for a US ip address.

• @Ruriko "Better stop buying multiple coupons cause it looks like Godaddy is pissed and they might reverse the coupons.

http://domaingang.com/domain-news/godaddy-cries-foul-wants-to-reverse-groupon-coupon/"

DomainGang is a satire site. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and read their disclaimer:

"Disclaimer: All posts, information and content on the web site DomainGang.com are fictional, humorous and depict a satire - unless a "100%" image is present."

• @DomainBop lol thanks for mentioning that

• The GoDaddy Groupon for Ocala is still open and can be purchased until midnight EST tonight.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/go-daddy-com-december-ocala

Ocala is the only city where the deal is still open.

• @DomainBop said: Ocala is the only city where the deal is still open.

I'd avoid at this point. Just tried both the $10.00 coupon and $30.00 coupon and GoDaddy is rejecting them now: "Invalid code, please contact vendor."

Did have a good run over new years though.