Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

149 euros setup-fee for a 'low end' dedicated server..... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

149 euros setup-fee for a 'low end' dedicated server.....

2»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Freek said: Sure and that's the point; No extra fees :)

So you prefer having the fee included in the price by default without giving you the choice, over having the choice to not have a monthly price increase and pay it off at once? Mind elaborating on that?

• I don't see why someone would spend so much for something that is so little.

It's one thing to play around pricing and introduce old gear at low cost.

$149 setup or $10 month for "setup"? That's silly.

Let the fools deal with the crooks.

• It's nice to see how divided the opinions are in this thread :)

@Wintereise said: This is hopeless...

Yes, 149 is indeed nothing when you're thinking long term. They need to make money too, it's not a charity.

I feel we're going in circles. Yes they are in business to make money/a profit, but I feel this is not the right way. Again, this is my opinion and we clearly differ in opinion... Which is good, else we would all be the same ;)

@JS_James said: What's the real point of these threads?

Discussing it? Asking others their opinion? That's one of the main points of having a forum, isn't it?

@joepie91 said: Mind elaborating on that?

Since you don't know what you're getting in terms of performance etc, I don't feel comfortable paying such a large sum, compared to the 'initial price', of money up-front.

• @Freek said: Since you don't know what you're getting in terms of performance etc, I don't feel comfortable paying such a large sum, compared to the 'initial price', of money up-front.

Then don't pay up front. They offer the 10EURO extra per month for a reason.
    If you worry about the quality or performance you probably won't stay with them and would be paying on a month to month basis.

You're only losing out if you stay with them longer than 1 year. But their price even with the 10 euro fee is much cheaper than other dedicated server providers... albeit their service is hit or miss.

I know a lot of summer filehosts setup with them due to their cheap "unmetered bandwidth" and large hard disk space.